Hume FL - 2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have heard many players at saints are also unhappy, looking at leaving the club as soon as this weekend, rumours has it north albury are looking at a few

Well I have noticed a few players going upto Corryong.BB are in for a great year in the 1's and 2's but depth might be a problemThere's a big gap between 1's and 2's and some players struggle when they go up. Have noticed that J.Schilg is playing 1's still.What does he do to get a game? Now Landy08 just wondering if you are going up to join Jack at Corryong or going to take the big step of playing O&M? If so please buy footy boots and don't play in runners!!!!!!! Just wondering what has happened to B.Graeber at the saints? Can play but I haven't seen him named lately? All I can say is that players should stick at and the success will come and put ego's aside.:footy::D:D:footy:

dunno if joshua will be heading up there to corryong, its probably a bit cold up there, especially with the lack of sunlight do to the shadow cast simply by the presence of Jack William Northam up forward. Rumour has it he is looking for a pay rise after kicking 12 goals against bullioh tomorrow

Hume League Interleague Squad

The Hume League selectors have announced a squad of 46 players for Interleague game against Tallangatta League on Friday 11th June at Wodonga.
Brock/Burrum Saints - P Glanville, T Storey, D McKimmie, D Murphy
Billabong Crows - W Holman
CDHBU - J Hanrahan
Coleambally - A McGowan
Culcairn - L Donnan, S Gilson, L Hutchins, T Gardiner, G Fruean, B Charlton-White, B Schultz, L Baker,
Henty - A Wilson, S Hillier, J McCallum
Holbrook - M Palmer, T Jones.
Howlong - J Banks, B Nicholson, J Koehler, B Farrugia, T Price, A Barnes, T Cooper, T Pargeter.
Jindera - K Duel, T Castles, ,K Wilson, M Blomley, K Garland.
Lockhart - D Smallwood, T Alexander.
Murray Magpies - D Barber, M Thompson, C Lieschke
Osborne - A Gooden, H Gleeson, M Clarke, L Maloney.
Rand-Walbundrie Tigers - A Brown, B Matthews, B Simmons.
Walla - S Brunnenmeyer.
Training times and dates to be announced.

what does everyone think? anyone stiff to miss, or any surprises of selection? i believe schilgy is unavailable.

The Hume League selectors have announced a squad of 46 players for Interleague game against Tallangatta League on Friday 11th June at Wodonga.
CDHBU - J Hanrahan
Coleambally - A McGowan
Culcairn - L Donnan, S Gilson, L Hutchins, T Gardiner, G Fruean, B Charlton-White, B Schultz, L Baker,
Howlong - J Banks, B Nicholson, J Koehler, B Farrugia, T Price, A Barnes, T Cooper, T Pargeter.
Walla - S Brunnenmeyer.

what does everyone think? anyone stiff to miss, or any surprises of selection? i believe schilgy is unavailable.

haha i see that the 'hugely talented' mr marlow is missing from the squad, bit stiff if graham fruen is playing lol, someone please point point out to marlow that he is nufty when compared to a player like graham.

landy08 if you are referring to, and we all know you are, josh land going to play seconds at north albury as opposed to playing seconds at bb. josh, it sounds like you have listened to your father way too much because you wont play seniors at north because your skills are not good enough and you are soft, yes soft.

from talking to a mate at saints he reckons graebar has hurt his wrist and soon should be coming back.

Howlong im guessing will keep trying until they get their man.

angry mal, are you serious? if so, you must be the only person on this forum who thinks this is joshua land. **** its easy to rip on someone over the net behind your username. get of his case, we're just having a joke. he is a good player and i wish him all the best at north, im sure most people on this forum do also

angry mal you make me laugh and alot of other people on here as well by the sounds of it! alot of people think the selectors have got it wrong by not picking him, you only have to have a look at the amount of goals he has kicked! and as someone on here mentioned before they werent against dud sides they were against the best in the league! get off the kids back because remember he is just a kid who is hugely talented!

angry mal you make me laugh and alot of other people on here as well by the sounds of it! alot of people think the selectors have got it wrong by not picking him, you only have to have a look at the amount of goals he has kicked! and as someone on here mentioned before they werent against dud sides they were against the best in the league! get off the kids back because remember he is just a kid who is hugely talented!

Who cares if he is 18 or 35 mate they are all playing senior football. I mean your not going to take it easy on a kid because its his first game of senior football every one cops a bit of shit every now and again n u move on u cant take exeption to the young blokes in the team otherwise u mose well have a u21 comp for sooks.

Who cares if he is 18 or 35 mate they are all playing senior football. I mean your not going to take it easy on a kid because its his first game of senior football every one cops a bit of shit every now and again n u move on u cant take exeption to the young blokes in the team otherwise u mose well have a u21 comp for sooks.

Correct Mad Man, no one is going to take it easy on him just because he is someones friend, and its not like he is a young kid, he is about 23 so if he cant take some flack he shouldnt be playing football, especially not trying to play o and m seconds. and yes he is a sook, everyone in the comp knows he has no heart. wearing bright shoes makes you stand out and when the saints were getting belted by 150 points he was the first, and quite often the only one to drop his head. once no one passed him the ball he would scream and stop running and provide no assistance to the ball carrier or show no defensive pressure.

i, as i am sure most people have, was sick and tired about hearing about him last year being an average player in a lowly successful side. landy08 and phantom, definately would not be suprised if you are the same person, whether you are ben land, josh land or jack northam, but how bout we start talking about the real issues in the hume league and talk about how teams are performing. instead of listening to all your crap about josh(the kid who is hugely talented, although was only playing seconds at bb saints against all the bottom sides). nice kid but talk about something worth reading

Correct Mad Man, no one is going to take it easy on him just because he is someones friend, and its not like he is a young kid, he is about 23 so if he cant take some flack he shouldnt be playing football, especially not trying to play o and m seconds. and yes he is a sook, everyone in the comp knows he has no heart. wearing bright shoes makes you stand out and when the saints were getting belted by 150 points he was the first, and quite often the only one to drop his head. once no one passed him the ball he would scream and stop running and provide no assistance to the ball carrier or show no defensive pressure.

i, as i am sure most people have, was sick and tired about hearing about him last year being an average player in a lowly successful side. landy08 and phantom, definately would not be suprised if you are the same person, whether you are ben land, josh land or jack northam, but how bout we start talking about the real issues in the hume league and talk about how teams are performing. instead of listening to all your crap about josh(the kid who is hugely talented, although was only playing seconds at bb saints against all the bottom sides). nice kid but talk about something worth reading
Here Here Angry Mal , couldnt agree more lets not waste our time on this crap and get on with talking about the important issues in the hume league....word is Osborne are not happy with their current coach and Garry Oconnell has been an interested onlooker at recent O&M matches featuring Albury Tigers ...:thumbsdown:

From all reports coming out of Howlong vs Magpies, Koehler dominated! Good to see him playing good footy aswell as enjoying it. Magpies have some hard weeks ahead could fall back to the pack? Any names that should have been included in the interleague squad? Or names that maybe should have been left out?

From all reports coming out of Howlong vs Magpies, Koehler dominated! Good to see him playing good footy aswell as enjoying it. Magpies have some hard weeks ahead could fall back to the pack? Any names that should have been included in the interleague squad? Or names that maybe should have been left out?

He's a great player and still young howlong would be hopeing for a few years out of him one would imagine. would of thought brett guest may of gotten a mention?

He's a great player and still young howlong would be hopeing for a few years out of him one would imagine. would of thought brett guest may of gotten a mention?

here is a few, Guest, weldon, Wightman, Cassidy, Munson, Bloomfield, Marlow, Leahy, Schilg, R Storey, Hanckel, Morris, warren-Marmo, Parr any of those could easily slip in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here Here Angry Mal , couldnt agree more lets not waste our time on this crap and get on with talking about the important issues in the hume league....word is Osborne are not happy with their current coach and Garry Oconnell has been an interested onlooker at recent O&M matches featuring Albury Tigers ...:thumbsdown:

id be pissed to if someone rooted my wife, angry mal

Ah and finally ben land has come t defend his brother, average call though ben, expected a bit better.

Corey is a different type of coach than harty but as a club we think he is going alright, just taking a bit of time adjusting to his coaching style, but he is a good coach and a gun player. we will be alright and we are looking forward t the challenge of bb this week

here is a few, Guest, weldon, Wightman, Cassidy, Munson, Bloomfield, Marlow, Leahy, Schilg, R Storey, Hanckel, Morris, warren-Marmo, Parr any of those could easily slip in.

Too many oversized Melons there PP to be picked. Hume League didn't want to have to make alterations to the neck line of the jumpers just to get it over their heads.:D:D

had my first trip out to Coreen on Saturday and i must say i was impressed with what i saw. The attitude of people in that club put some of the stronger clubs to shame. no fuss no sooking, just get on with it. even when on the end of a heavy defeat they didn't throw the towel in, and really sustained there intent for most of the game. Facilities and playing surface there are excellent and i am sure with time and hopefully hold onto there strong juniors a finals appearance is not far away. Not trying to piss in there pocket, was very impressed!!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

PP why didnt you just put up the Jindera team.

I was surprised to see Brent Guest miss out as well..
Out of those in the squad; anybody want to have a stab at the final team?

Ah and finally ben land has come t defend his brother, average call though ben, expected a bit better.

Corey is a different type of coach than harty but as a club we think he is going alright, just taking a bit of time adjusting to his coaching style, but he is a good coach and a gun player. we will be alright and we are looking forward t the challenge of bb this week

o well yeh its ben land at least im not afraid to hide behind a user name. Mate if youve got so many problems with me or my family say it to mine or my brothers face.

been mentioned before i think schilg is unavaliable..... Otherwise would of definatly got a jersey one would imagine.

CDHBU - J Hanrahan
Coleambally - A McGowan
Walla - S Brunnenmeyer.

PP why didnt you just put up the Jindera team.

I was surprised to see Brent Guest miss out as well..
Out of those in the squad; anybody want to have a stab at the final team?

As St Kilda coach Ross Lyon says frequently, footy is an opinion business. So for the sake of a bit of worthwhile discussion, here's mine:

B: G.Fruen, K.Wilson, A.Brown
HB: D.Murphy, J.Koehler, M.Clarke
M: K.Duel, S.Gilson, M.Palmer
HF: D.McKimmie, L. Donnan, T.Cooper
F: K.Garland, T.Castles, D.Smallwood
R: H.Gleeson, J.Banks, A.Gooden
I/C: T.Story, B.Nicholson, B.Mathews, A.Wilson
EM: B.Simmons, B.Charlton-White, B.Farrugia

Apologise:
P.Glanville - hard to pick due to injuries, but would otherwise probably be in the side
Lower-ranked sides - I think its only fair that players from the so-called 'top' sides fill most of the positions as the players that have been playing well have obviously done it against the hard teams. No disrespect to those second tier sides however when it comes to rep footy I believe it should reward those who have performed in the big games.

Again, only a tragic's opinion. Feel free to swap and change as you see fit. :thumbsu:

[/b]

As St Kilda coach Ross Lyon says frequently, footy is an opinion business. So for the sake of a bit of worthwhile discussion, here's mine:

Apologise:
P.Glanville - hard to pick due to injuries, but would otherwise probably be in the side
Lower-ranked sides - I think its only fair that players from the so-called 'top' sides fill most of the positions as the players that have been playing well have obviously done it against the hard teams. No disrespect to those second tier sides however when it comes to rep footy I believe it should reward those who have performed in the big games.

Again, only a tragic's opinion. Feel free to swap and change as you see fit. :thumbsu:

Very good side there BS. If you could get all that side to play it would be a great REP side, very strong in every spot. I think it would beat anything the TDFL could put together. Obviously it is not likely all will play. That side would beat Myrtleford from the O & M by 10 goals I reckon!

[/b]

Apologise:

osborne and bb are playing this week, so that should give a good indication as to who would be the starting ruckman (Gleeson vs Storey).

Glanville has only played the one game this yr, so it would be very hard to put him in the side. However i do hear he may be pushing for selection this week. :thumbsu:

Very good side there BS. If you could get all that side to play it would be a great REP side, very strong in every spot. I think it would beat anything the TDFL could put together. Obviously it is not likely all will play. That side would beat Myrtleford from the O & M by 10 goals I reckon!

Yep, should smash the TDFL, they're hopeless over there.

I think i would swap ur rucks over, As T.Story is in red hot form, and coming from the O&M i would think that would give him the starting nod. But osborne and bb are playing this week, so that should give a good indication as to who would be the starting ruckman.

Glanville has only played the one game this yr, so it would be very hard to put him in the side. However i do hear he may be pushing for selection this week. :thumbsu:

I think N.Scott from BB should have been considered for the interleague, he has been in our best almost every week.

Murphy is yet to find his ovens and murray form, but he could be back this week along with glanville and guesty so hopefully they can all fire against Osborne. Stores is in great form and has been an awesome pick up for us..
We gave the lions a good shake last week and i think if we play like we did last week, we can give osborne a good run for their money.

p.s how awesome is this freaking website, its now at the top of my favorites.. so stay tuned~:thumbsu:

[/b]

Apologise:

Would change Fruen for T.Price and maybe leave out Nicholson and replace with L. Baker of Culcairn, getting a bit picky now but. The Hume league side will be very handy if everyone makes themselves available. Any news of some mid season recruits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back