Hume FL - 2011 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats fair enough NOP. I guess i underestimated just how desperate BB were when it came to recruitment. I do wonder if their coach has been offered more support this year, as it appears from what you have just said and who they recruited last year that recruiting is just not mckimmies strong point.

Have heard there is a few departures from magpies to other HFL clubs. Not sure of names, but Walla appears to have signed one and culcairn as well.

NOP was walking to a bloke on the wkend, and he said that Jindera have something like 4-6 Assistant coachs next year.. i laughed at this because it would rival the AFL system.. Please tell me that my source was purely talking through the eyes of grog. :eek:

In part, we are structuring up slightly different this year, selection committee will still only be 4 or 5 though. This year was basically spent adjusting to a new game plan and a few specifics were left untouched. with our depth from this year accompanied with some really good juniors a lot more time will be spent with these guys by none other then the senior coach and Sir Bomber getting them ready for senior footy .
Between ash and willo they will look basically after the main group.
We will have the youngest side we've had in a few years next year with only one being over the age of 30:(. So we are trying to be more specific in areas. But at the end of the day, Kenny Ash and Willo are the main men.

I just know of a couple former jindera juniors that went there, we made our offer to them which we thought was reasonable in relation to what their market value was. Upon speaking to their old man he told us we weren't even close to the saints offer, to the point where he said if we could increase our offer he would personally chip him to get them to us. Didn't happen though.
But no complaints from our end. A young bloke has to do what his gotta do.

NOP, who are these ordinary players that we are spending a lot on, of which you are speaking of?

Thats fair enough NOP. I guess i underestimated just how desperate BB were when it came to recruitment. I do wonder if their coach has been offered more support this year, as it appears from what you have just said and who they recruited last year that recruiting is just not mckimmies strong point.

Have heard there is a few departures from magpies to other HFL clubs. Not sure of names, but Walla appears to have signed one and culcairn as well.

NOP was walking to a bloke on the wkend, and he said that Jindera have something like 4-6 Assistant coachs next year.. i laughed at this because it would rival the AFL system.. Please tell me that my source was purely talking through the eyes of grog. :eek:
Thorneycroft is the player going to Culcairn...

Thorneycroft is the player going to Culcairn...
Ok guys this is what I am hearing so far around the traps. Please feel free to correct me were you see fit!
Magpies to lose Thorneycroft Leichke and H Murray to Culcairn and Franz to Walla, Lappin, Zurek to Dedderang with a couple of others looking to get out as well
Mitch Palmer has returned to Lavington with Hankel and Hall weighing up offers from Thurgoona alnong with Matty Bain whom every club has attempted to have a chat with
Big Glanville although signed at saints has spoken to upper murray clubs as well as a big offer from Dedderang
Henty has the obvious ones in Willo Wisey and Ohlin back to basketball, I have also heard a couple of their boys planning on going overseas
Howlong has lost Jack Hancock back to Melbourne and maybe Hoskin to retirement
Walla using all Nagle connections out of Darwin and looks to have a co-coach out of there
Jindera to lose the obvious ones, although I did hear that Sibraa was made a big offer to coach Murray Magpies and was weighing up all things NOP???
Been a busy start to silly season, don't shoot the messenger:D:D

Yes MPH how dare Jindera be pro-active in developing their kids by introducing more than one coach , I think that is called professionalism isn,t it.I would have thought the more help the better ( so long as it is all handled well )Maybe some of you blokes should be taking notice of how Jindera does it instead of "laughing" at them.Pretty sure Andy Wilson will notice the difference in professionalism from his previous club.:rolleyes:

Yes MPH how dare Jindera be pro-active in developing their kids by introducing more than one coach , I think that is called professionalism isn,t it.I would have thought the more help the better ( so long as it is all handled well )Maybe some of you blokes should be taking notice of how Jindera does it instead of "laughing" at them.Pretty sure Andy Wilson will notice the difference in professionalism from his previous club.:rolleyes:

Wow Blueboy did I hit a nerve? I was simply stating that it's what i heard. And YES, I do think it's going over the top to have soo many coaches and AC! I would love for u to tell me which other local clubs including the o&m to have so many coaches and AC??

But then again I couldn't really give a crap how many coaches and AC jindera need to have to stay at the right end of the ladder. Whatever keeps ur players on board and gets names on paper. Have ur whole side as coaches. At
The end of then day, ur players may be the ones confused as to who is actually in charge.

So if Jindera have signed all these assistant coaches, how did they lose Wilson to a TDFL club?

Is this Hume league forum or a jindera forum. Get over what's happening at the kennel n talk about something everyone cares about.
kids are the future of our league n all clubs should consider keeping them prior to looking outside of thier backyards.
Agm is coming up and there might be some interesting news emerge from it.
Culcairn must be thrilled to get thornycroft I hear he loves showering with the boys

Wow Blueboy did I hit a nerve? I was simply stating that it's what i heard. And YES, I do think it's going over the top to have soo many coaches and AC! I would love for u to tell me which other local clubs including the o&m to have so many coaches and AC??

But then again I couldn't really give a crap how many coaches and AC jindera need to have to stay at the right end of the ladder. Whatever keeps ur players on board and gets names on paper. Have ur whole side as coaches. At
The end of then day, ur players may be the ones confused as to who is actually in charge.

If everyone knows what there role is I see this as a good move by Jindera. I also think that if you look at most of the o&m clubs they actually have 4-5 coaches/assistants

how does the point system work in the hume league.
would of thought with the bradshaw clan at howlong that they would be over the limit since most clubs would try to use it to the limit,especially since they won the flag the previous year and so should have had points reduced,obviously i was wrong.
any response may clear the air on this subject.
20 points for a team.
danial worth 4.AFL
darren worth 3-4,MAJOR LEAGUE AND KICKED 80 THE YEAR BEFORE
matt worth 2-3,PLAYED MORE THAN 100 SENIOR GAMES
steve worth 2,PLAYED MORE THAN 100 SENIOR GAMES
thats halve the points for this family.
HOLBROOK WILL BE IN THE SAME BOAT WITH THERE 12 OR SO NEW BLOKES.

how does the point system work in the hume league.
would of thought with the bradshaw clan at howlong that they would be over the limit since most clubs would try to use it to the limit,especially since they won the flag the previous year and so should have had points reduced,obviously i was wrong.
any response may clear the air on this subject.
20 points for a team.
danial worth 4.AFL
darren worth 3-4,MAJOR LEAGUE AND KICKED 80 THE YEAR BEFORE
matt worth 2-3,PLAYED MORE THAN 100 SENIOR GAMES
steve worth 2,PLAYED MORE THAN 100 SENIOR GAMES
thats halve the points for this family.
HOLBROOK WILL BE IN THE SAME BOAT WITH THERE 12 OR SO NEW BLOKES.[/q

good point there.
and for the person who knows the answer could you also inform me of this. i know points dont count if your a local or played junior footy there b4.. but what counts as a local. i.e magpies- can they hit up anybody around albury with no points to be added on?

could be wrong but i think a player becomes local at 50 games which is 3 years service, or has been a registered junior at the club which excludes permits. I may be wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok guys this is what I am hearing so far around the traps. Please feel free to correct me were you see fit!
Magpies to lose Thorneycroft Leichke and H Murray to Culcairn and Franz to Walla, Lappin, Zurek to Dedderang with a couple of others looking to get out as well
Mitch Palmer has returned to Lavington with Hankel and Hall weighing up offers from Thurgoona alnong with Matty Bain whom every club has attempted to have a chat with
Big Glanville although signed at saints has spoken to upper murray clubs as well as a big offer from Dedderang
Henty has the obvious ones in Willo Wisey and Ohlin back to basketball, I have also heard a couple of their boys planning on going overseas
Howlong has lost Jack Hancock back to Melbourne and maybe Hoskin to retirement
Walla using all Nagle connections out of Darwin and looks to have a co-coach out of there
Jindera to lose the obvious ones, although I did hear that Sibraa was made a big offer to coach Murray Magpies and was weighing up all things NOP???
Been a busy start to silly season, don't shoot the messenger:D:D

That is categorically incorrect.

Points system is not fair across the board, the Hume League needs to get out of thier old skool ways and scrap it.
If this league is to move forward and become stronger than it needs to be revised. I know alot of clubs aren't fazed by it but certainly other clubs have strong views on it which need to be taken on board.
What does the TDFL have in place?

Points system is not fair across the board, the Hume League needs to get out of thier old skool ways and scrap it.
If this league is to move forward and become stronger than it needs to be revised. I know alot of clubs aren't fazed by it but certainly other clubs have strong views on it which need to be taken on board.
What does the TDFL have in place?
Feel free to put forward your alternative to the points system "due for a flag",or do you also subscribe to the open slather theory?:(

Feel free to put forward your alternative to the points system "due for a flag",or do you also subscribe to the open slather theory?:(
heres the thing Mad Hawka we all have our views and opinions on the points system and every clubs opinion is different for different reasons.
The open slather theory is the last resort but the league needs to find some sort of a median for all clubs.
I could go into great debate on the point but it wont change a thing so i would rather leave it to the league and club representatives to work through.
I live and breath the Hume League and this is one issue that comes up year after year. If it continues to be raised as an issue doesnt that mean it needs to be fixed............I say stop putting bandaids on it and revise the whole system..........

Word is that All Howlong boys took a pay cut to sign Dan Bradshaw, including his own brother. Ben Nicholson also a chance to be going back to Rock Spider Land.:)

The points system is the fairest way i've seen a cap work. It's clear, it rewards loyalty and stops rich clubs dominating, or the other side of the coin, clubs not spending for 2 or 3 years then having a splurge winning a flag then recovering for 5 or 6 years to have another crack.
A salary cap does not work in country footy as it can not be policed. Clubs only have to declare what they want, and does not include any pools or pergolas supplied by sponsors on behalf of the club. Point system is best for mine everything is transparent.

The points system is the fairest way i've seen a cap work. It's clear, it rewards loyalty and stops rich clubs dominating, or the other side of the coin, clubs not spending for 2 or 3 years then having a splurge winning a flag then recovering for 5 or 6 years to have another crack.
A salary cap does not work in country footy as it can not be policed. Clubs only have to declare what they want, and does not include any pools or pergolas supplied by sponsors on behalf of the club. Point system is best for mine everything is transparent.

And yet you know Jindera spend the 5th most money in the league?Henty have signed a good mid from Moama in the Murray league.

Word is that All Howlong boys took a pay cut to sign Dan Bradshaw, including his own brother. Ben Nicholson also a chance to be going back to Rock Spider Land.:)

Who wouldn't take a pay cut to play with Daniel Bradshaw, shows the Howlong boys are loyal to the club more than the money.

That's a big call about Ben Nicholson, we are all a chance if you listen to all the small talk.

Ryan Huon is the guy from Moama, only 19 yr old but played some high level footy at a strong Murray League club. Good luck to him in 2012

Firstly, can someone prove to me that the points system is actually in place and that it is being used. Everything to me points to the fact that it doesn't exist and is in fact a white elephant. as for transparency I know of a club that for 3-4 years in a row has asked for a points total for all the clubs and can't get one from the league.
Secondly I heard that Mikal Bloom is a 1 point player at Holbrook. How can this be???

Why have the points system if the league takes no notice of it.:confused::confused:

Firstly, can someone prove to me that the points system is actually in place and that it is being used. Everything to me points to the fact that it doesn't exist and is in fact a white elephant. as for transparency I know of a club that for 3-4 years in a row has asked for a points total for all the clubs and can't get one from the league.
Secondly I heard that Mikal Bloom is a 1 point player at Holbrook. How can this be???

Why have the points system if the league takes no notice of it.:confused::confused:

The league does keep a close eye on the points, i know we have been investigated 3 or 4 times in the past two years, if you read the minutes from the league meeting off the website it talk about adjusting the structure and keeping a closer eye on it.

I Don't think the league police's the system that is place. But if it is managed by the league properly I would like to see a total points for each club in the meeting minutes from the league after clearance deadline. If anyone is over, all premiership points should be stripped in both seniors and reserves. All transparent. I would also like to see a breakdown of each clubs points, for example if bloom is only worth 1 point I would put a case to the league to argue otherwise.

I Don't think the league police's the system that is place. But if it is managed by the league properly I would like to see a total points for each club in the meeting minutes from the league after clearance deadline. If anyone is over, all premiership points should be stripped in both seniors and reserves. All transparent. I would also like to see a breakdown of each clubs points, for example if bloom is only worth 1 point I would put a case to the league to argue otherwise.

Is it judged on your entire list or the selected side on any particular game. I did hear last year Holbrook wanted to add another Wodonga recruit to their list but couldn't due to the fact that they would have had to leave a recruit out each week to stay under the points for that particular game.
Not sure what the ruling is but i would have thought that it should be your entire list,
Every club should be required to lodge all their prospective points before round 1 and then again at June 30 for the league to tick it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back