Hume FL......2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed a few last minute clearances from Rand/Walbundrie.
Id say at least 5 of thier top liners gone mostly to the Upper Murray.
Most notable Clearances lodged are Cam McNeil to Barny and Warren-Marmo and Corrigan-Dale to an uncomfirmed Upper Murray club

Surely must be to Border-Walwa : having a special on hyphens.

Surely must be to Border-Walwa : having a special on hyphens.

corryong. and on big bucks (450) and from a team that surely should of saved thier money for next season. i heard both got asked to have a few weeks off after an incident at club functions but chose to leave and shop themselves round. dont know story about mcneil but seems he was thier best player..

Was just looking through the points allocation for all the teams. Interesting to note Jindera are on 19 points.
But the biggist thing to get my attention was HOWLONG sitting on 19 with an allowable 20!!

Marc Almond and Daniel Bradshaw are co-coaches and neither player has been allocated points. Daniel Bradshaw is also worth 5 points with a 1 point reduction .... there is no reason for the point reduction you need to have played 30 senior games he was only on 19??? Brad Arnold & Luke daily has also been granted a special "local resident" which enables then to have 0 points. only available to howlong..

All in all, this points system is the biggest load of BULLSH*T, even though a club is CLEARLY over their points the league is making it work so they have have the bradshaw show! disappointing

Just wondering if the back story regarding Howlong's coach and his comments before the game at Jindera on Saturday are going to surface ? Certaintly gave jindera some much needed motivation by all reports

Was just looking through the points allocation for all the teams. Interesting to note Jindera are on 19 points.
But the biggist thing to get my attention was HOWLONG sitting on 19 with an allowable 20!!

Marc Almond and Daniel Bradshaw are co-coaches and neither player has been allocated points. Daniel Bradshaw is also worth 5 points with a 1 point reduction .... there is no reason for the point reduction you need to have played 30 senior games he was only on 19??? Brad Arnold & Luke daily has also been granted a special "local resident" which enables then to have 0 points. only available to howlong..

All in all, this points system is the biggest load of BULLSH*T, even though a club is CLEARLY over their points the league is making it work so they have have the bradshaw show! disappointing
Can clear this up for you pretty easy Potato head.
Marc Almond doesn't play he has retired so obviously no points, however the league wanted him registered. You would have to ask them why. Daniel is a co-coach and there for is our preferred 0 point player, no different to Campbell/.Cerato at Lockhart.
Darren Bradshaw was a 5 point player last season because he had kick 100+ the previous year in WA. (A player is given an additional point if they win a league medal or kick 100 the year prior to them coming to the Hume league), so he goes back to his alloted 4.
Luke Daley played a fair portion of his juniors here, also has not played since '09' and is just running around in the 2's. But is a 0 point former junior.
Brad Arnold has not played at all this year as he retired after last season, not sure why he is on the list, but he actually played here when the resiency rule was in place.
Hope that clears it up for you in regards to the Bradshaw Show.... The bigger question is how Culcairn can get 23 points to spend and Crows only 21. I know the reason why but that certainly does not help even up the comp.
As far as the weekend wentand the whole percentage rumour. It was completely false. Almo didn't want to reduce the game because of the delay, instead he sugested to reduce the breaks etc. Merv went into the dogs camp and said, they should realsise that Howlong may need percentage, we knew Jindera were alot better placed then first time around and knew it was going to be a tough game. Dissapointing that Merv said it and that the Jindera boys found the need to tell the Howlong boys (who had no idea) after the game.
All good, well done dogs and great stuff to their comittee and workers, the facility's and hospitality are first class!!

Can clear this up for you pretty easy Potato head.
Marc Almond doesn't play he has retired so obviously no points, however the league wanted him registered. You would have to ask them why. Daniel is a co-coach and there for is our preferred 0 point player, no different to Campbell/.Cerato at Lockhart.
Darren Bradshaw was a 5 point player last season because he had kick 100+ the previous year in WA. (A player is given an additional point if they win a league medal or kick 100 the year prior to them coming to the Hume league), so he goes back to his alloted 4.
Luke Daley played a fair portion of his juniors here, also has not played since '09' and is just running around in the 2's. But is a 0 point former junior.
Brad Arnold has not played at all this year as he retired after last season, not sure why he is on the list, but he actually played here when the resiency rule was in place.
Hope that clears it up for you in regards to the Bradshaw Show.... The bigger question is how Culcairn can get 23 points to spend and Crows only 21. I know the reason why but that certainly does not help even up the comp.
As far as the weekend wentand the whole percentage rumour. It was completely false. Almo didn't want to reduce the game because of the delay, instead he sugested to reduce the breaks etc. Merv went into the dogs camp and said, they should realsise that Howlong may need percentage, we knew Jindera were alot better placed then first time around and knew it was going to be a tough game. Dissapointing that Merv said it and that the Jindera boys found the need to tell the Howlong boys (who had no idea) after the game.
All good, well done dogs and great stuff to their comittee and workers, the facility's and hospitality are first class!!

i got told the reason culcairn are allowed 23 is because they get 3 points for a player being drafted to the AFL system.. again the league making the points system work to their advantage.

If Daniel is a co coach, why at the start of the season did he publicly say he just wanted to run around with his brothers, and he wasnt sure if he would play the full season. Not ONCE was it mentioned that he was going to co coach. My understanding is also once he was signed that Howlong were at their maximum point allocation but then proceeded to secure more players (worth more points) but then somehow managed to come under the 20 allowable points. Also if he is a co coach, does he take training session, do awards after the games, give input into the player positions etc etc. (i havent seen him interact at the howlong games i have been to- even though its not that many).

If he is a genuine Co coach then thats great, but if its fancy accounting, then im disappointed in howlong and the league, but clearly the league has allowed it to be within the rules of the game. so it doesnt really matter what I think.

i got told the reason culcairn are allowed 23 is because they get 3 points for a player being drafted to the AFL system.. again the league making the points system work to their advantage.

If Daniel is a co coach, why at the start of the season did he publicly say he just wanted to run around with his brothers, and he wasnt sure if he would play the full season. Not ONCE was it mentioned that he was going to co coach. My understanding is also once he was signed that Howlong were at their maximum point allocation but then proceeded to secure more players (worth more points) but then somehow managed to come under the 20 allowable points. Also if he is a co coach, does he take training session, do awards after the games, give input into the player positions etc etc. (i havent seen him interact at the howlong games i have been to- even though its not that many).

If he is a genuine Co coach then thats great, but if its fancy accounting, then im disappointed in howlong and the league, but clearly the league has allowed it to be within the rules of the game. so it doesnt really matter what I think.

Points system rulings aside, maybe we should sit back and thank whoever is responsible that a former 200+ game AFL superstar, 2 x AFL premiership player with over 500 goals to his name is running around in a local country league. If I was young enough to play again, how good would it be just to play in the same team as a bloke like this. Carry on with the rest of points debate though as there are some valid points.

Points system rulings aside, maybe we should sit back and thank whoever is responsible that a former 200+ game AFL superstar, 2 x AFL premiership player with over 500 goals to his name is running around in a local country league. If I was young enough to play again, how good would it be just to play in the same team as a bloke like this. Carry on with the rest of points debate though as there are some valid points.

Agree the 21 year old backman who got the better of him on Saturday enjoyed the experience of playing on him. in regards to the percentage comment we did hear of it however i don't think senior players need external influences for motivation. testing ourselves against one of the best as a barometer of our improvement was motivation enough, as the game went on the belief that we could win got us there. can't remember percentage being mentioned. going to be an interesting final series with the top 4 all having genuine claims.

Coota did other sides such as, Osbourne (Adam Schneider), BB saints (Justin Koschitzke and Tony Armstrong) and Howlong (Anthony Miles) get these extra 3 points or 6 in the case of BB saints? Why or why not?

Coota did other sides such as, Osbourne (Adam Schneider), BB saints (Justin Koschitzke and Tony Armstrong) and Howlong (Anthony Miles) get these extra 3 points or 6 in the case of BB saints? Why or why not?
No Europe. Its only for the season following there registration onto an AFL list. I dont think the points were around back when Adam and Kozzi got drafted, and Milesy was actually registered to North Albury before he got drafted so we missed out.
Just to finish up on Dan and the points/coaching aspect. He is fantastic at the role he is doing. Been nothing but sensational for our club, nothing is to much to ask. He never wanted headlines or articles when he arrived.
If you knew Almo you would know that he controls most things that happen with our squad, be it game day or training, however as far as training and matchups etc go, Daniel has great input. Yes he wanted to come out and play with his brothers and cousin, but he has got involved at all levels and is a great co-coach!

Im sure everyone is still in a sombre mood after the ruling handed down against Marlow. He is the ‘Lenny Hayes’ of the Hume League, loved by all. Just a quiet achiever, who goes about his business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suspended sentences are no good at all. Not commenting on this case in particular but they are an easy out for the tribunial. How do they come up with the 3 weeks suspended part of the sentence? If it is worth 1 week suspension with 3 suspended hanging over, would it not be easier to give him say 2 weeks and then the matter is dealt with?

Heard today that Shaun Daly done deal to coach his hometown Howlong next year. Anyone else heard this??

Was floated earlier in big footy a few months ago. rumour been around a while. if true seems like the Hume league Will take on quite an o and m flavour next year. some quality players could be heading out.

Any names NOP?

Wouldn't be fair to the players or there current clubs to divulge names, especially considering one o&m club has threatened their players with instant dismissal if caught talking to another club before their finals campaign winds up.

Good to see The JackHammer and his ever reliant side kick Screaming Eagle doing well last week.All the need is Koolaid Man to play and push them into the finals!!!

where has all the humor gone on here.Point system is a joke and in the end those who have alot of neville get the job done!! Bradshaw would be doing alot for Howlong off the field and I bet there juniors would be learning a heap.

Good to see The JackHammer and his ever reliant side kick Screaming Eagle doing well last week.All the need is Koolaid Man to play and push them into the finals!!!

where has all the humor gone on here.Point system is a joke and in the end those who have alot of neville get the job done!! Bradshaw would be doing alot for Howlong off the field and I bet there juniors would be learning a heap.

Reggieray, you will be pleased to know that the Screaming Eagle has pushed is way into senior selection by intimidating as many 9-14 year olds as physically possible, most of them were just scared at the sheer size of his gigantic hands. His hardness at the ball is impressive as he is the only bloke who could play footy in a mud pile and still come out clean!!!!!

Reggieray, you will be pleased to know that the Screaming Eagle has pushed is way into senior selection by intimidating as many 9-14 year olds as physically possible, most of them were just scared at the sheer size of his gigantic hands. His hardness at the ball is impressive as he is the only bloke who could play footy in a mud pile and still come out clean!!!!!

oh i see what you done there,but i see nothing mentioned about your switches across the backline there mal.
kotus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back