Hume FL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see the RW Tigers get another win up and will no doubt put us closer to finals. Big Poppy Jones had a day out bagging 8 and was the difference. Boys have Cul this week and would give themselves every chance of upsetting the Lions. Couldn't believe no report was made on Gormo though after he kicked Holbrook defender (11) who dived for the ball in the third quarter. Even though he was going for goal it looked pretty ordinary. Surprised the Holbrook bloke got up as he looked pretty busted up. Good for us though as Gormo was on fire and should give the Cul boys some headaches this week!!

Lions would have to be desperate to find a ruckman before clearances close. They have been getting smashed in the middle in recent weeks.
With the quality onballers they have,although most are injured at present, a good ruck would make a huge difference to their premiership chances.

Would think RWT would be a big chance next week.

BB SAints very dissapointing on the weekend against us (cul) dont appear to have much leadership out there, lots of finger pointing not much else there. anyone find similar when playing them or did they just have a bad day?

since for some reason we are all talking about the saints, are they any good? i realise against the top teams teams down the bottom struggle with the extra pressure and their skill level drops, but against the middle and lower place sides, are they competitive? also do thay have any depth, i hear there was a lot of mouthing off between teammates on the field, so if there were to be players dropped, is there any calibre in the seconds to step up, if so, who? or is it the same players picked for both sides before training even starts?

Disappointing that would have to be the understatment of the year and anybody who considers the guy with the "red" boots on the wing is any good needs a "seeing eye dog" The kid is a Sheep Dog and only works one way,absolutely no defensive skill,but then there were quite a few of them in the Saints Team
:mad:
All teams in the hume league have sheep dogs and a lot of them thats why the standards so poor.

Lions would have to be desperate to find a ruckman before clearances close. They have been getting smashed in the middle in recent weeks.
With the quality onballers they have,although most are injured at present, a good ruck would make a huge difference to their premiership chances.

Would think RWT would be a big chance next week.

dj oates may have been a bigger loss than first thought. i agree, rand/wal may have a good crack this coming game, if the two habermann boys can dominate the rucks, then they are well on the way to wining. however the midfield combination on gilson and gorman is a bit of a worry i think. having played both, gilson is a sheepdog which is fine whn you are winning the rucks, but i think cul will provide a contest and he may go missing when the time come to get in and under. gorman on the other hand is very good in close and loves it tough, but he doesnt have the skills and he cant kick over a jam jar. any thoughts?
Havent heard much of the tigers this year, any info for us? any new guys playing well, how are the young kids from lavi going?

Great to see the RW Tigers get another win up and will no doubt put us closer to finals. Big Poppy Jones had a day out bagging 8 and was the difference. Boys have Cul this week and would give themselves every chance of upsetting the Lions. Couldn't believe no report was made on Gormo though after he kicked Holbrook defender (11) who dived for the ball in the third quarter. Even though he was going for goal it looked pretty ordinary. Surprised the Holbrook bloke got up as he looked pretty busted up. Good for us though as Gormo was on fire and should give the Cul boys some headaches this week!!

Yes TT Gorman did get a fair piece of my chest and he helped me get rid of a couple of ribs and add a rather large hole to my lung as well :rolleyes: Must say it was fantastic sitting in outpatients for 2 and half hours waiting to get any treatment, hospital service working a treat :rolleyes: and seeing Luke Daly sitting their as well he probably has the same opinion. Reckon the Tigers will be a fair way off the pace against the Lions though as they won't have the cattle to stop the Lions midfielders or the back 6 to stop Donnan, Willis, Logue, Murray and Brand.

Yes we (brock) were very disappointing on the weekend. Absolute humiliation. Had a few injuries but was no excuse 4 how we played on the weekend. Culcairn are my favourites so far to win the flag this yr. People say culcarin have no ruckmen and dont do well with their clearances. Thats not true. They won more clearances than us, rucked well, etc. Barney was terrific as their ruckman. Anywho, they used the ball so well, hit their targets 9 times outta 10, traveled in numbers, pressure was fantasic, etc.

Havnt played osbourne ever so that should be interesting when i came across them for the 1st time. Every1 says they're a top side and have been for a few yrs. Have culcairn played Jindrea yet?

The competition is up for grabs for any1. Good luck to every1 for the remaining of the season

Yes we (brock) were very disappointing on the weekend. Absolute humiliation. Had a few injuries but was no excuse 4 how we played on the weekend. Culcairn are my favourites so far to win the flag this yr. People say culcarin have no ruckmen and dont do well with their clearances. Thats not true. They won more clearances than us, rucked well, etc. Barney was terrific as their ruckman. Anywho, they used the ball so well, hit their targets 9 times outta 10, traveled in numbers, pressure was fantasic, etc.

Havnt played osbourne ever so that should be interesting when i came across them for the 1st time. Every1 says they're a top side and have been for a few yrs. Have culcairn played Jindrea yet?

The competition is up for grabs for any1. Good luck to every1 for the remaining of the season

Jindera pumped Culcairn in Round 2. Top 4 (Jindera,Cul,Osborne,Lockhart) very evenly matched could be any of these 4 that can win on there particular day.

Makes sense to car pool with the cost of fuel nowadays :D

[quote=GRUB5;14696107]People say culcarin have no ruckmen and dont do well with their clearances. Thats not true. They won more clearances than us, rucked well, etc. Barney was terrific as their ruckman. Anywho, they used the ball so well, hit their targets 9 times outta 10, traveled in numbers, pressure was fantasic, etc.

No offence Grub, but you may be confusing Barney with Matt Waide,Culcairns #1 ruckman, and while he does ok in there I'm sure both he & the lions would much prefer to have him playing elsewhere.As for winning the clearances, I think it would be fair to say that this was the result of superior onballers rather than ruck work.As far as young Barned goes, the kid could make it as a ruckman in a few years, and is certainly worth trying against the bottom sides (no disrespect to BB Saints) but at the moment is a long way short of the likes of Gleeson, Murphy, Whiterod etc. If you look at the top sides of recent years, they have all had quality big men, and at present the lions do not have a quality ruckman on their list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[quote=GRUB5;14696107]People say culcarin have no ruckmen and dont do well with their clearances. Thats not true. They won more clearances than us, rucked well, etc. Barney was terrific as their ruckman. Anywho, they used the ball so well, hit their targets 9 times outta 10, traveled in numbers, pressure was fantasic, etc.

No offence Grub but Barney is not Culcairns #1 ruckman. Matt Waide is, and while he does ok in there I'm sure both he & the lions would much prefer to have him playing elsewhere.As for winning the clearances, I think it would be fair to say that this was the result of superior onballers rather than ruck work.As far as young Barned goes, the kid could make it as a ruckman in a few years, and is certainly worth trying against the bottom sides (no disrespect to BB Saints) but at the moment is a long way short of the likes of Gleeson, Murphy, Whiterod etc. If you look at the top sides of recent years, they have all had quality big men, and at present the lions do not have a quality ruckman on their list.

yeah gilly likes to change things up against the weaker teams, also disrespect, but we did attempt to play possession football in the last quarter, is another example of why we have one of the best coaches going around

Yeah probably should have been reported after it apparently broke his rib and punctured his lung. anyone confirm this??

Alot of you people on here seem to be quick to dig the nails into the BB saints. Do people forget where the saints have come from and look at where they are now? A few years ago they were 2 struggling rival clubs. Now they have come together and are rally working hard off and on the field to gain some respect of their opponents. Its not easy to make a merged entity successful, but i comment the committee of the BB saints for really having a crack and trying their best to attract players to their club.

If memory serves me correctly the won 2 games last year (maybe only 1) and none the year before. They have won 2 so far this season and are becoming alot more competetive against the middle order sides, who 2 years ago would have smashed them by 15-20 goals.

All footy clubs have their ups and downs. One day in the not too distant future we will be reading and writing about how BB saints beat Culcairn by 10 goals on the weekend. And we will see different sides in the finals.

I play at a club that has won the past 2 grand finals in melbourne, last year going undefeated. This season we are 3 and 3 after 6 rounds and staring down the barrel of missing finals. Thats the way footy goes.

All footy clubs have their ups and downs. One day in the not too distant future we will be reading and writing about how BB saints beat Culcairn by 10 goals on the weekend. And we will see different sides in the finals.

It's a romantic notion, but the way footy has been going lately, and with the newest report from AFL NSW/ACT expected to (suprise, suprise) deliver bugger all, it's more than likely we'll be talking about the BBRW Warriors' great win over the CWXYZ Grasslions in the 'not to distant future'.

Alot of you people on here seem to be quick to dig the nails into the BB saints. Do people forget where the saints have come from and look at where they are now? A few years ago they were 2 struggling rival clubs. Now they have come together and are rally working hard off and on the field to gain some respect of their opponents. Its not easy to make a merged entity successful, but i comment the committee of the BB saints for really having a crack and trying their best to attract players to their club.

If memory serves me correctly the won 2 games last year (maybe only 1) and none the year before. They have won 2 so far this season and are becoming alot more competetive against the middle order sides, who 2 years ago would have smashed them by 15-20 goals.

I play at a club that has won the past 2 grand finals in melbourne, last year going undefeated. This season we are 3 and 3 after 6 rounds and staring down the barrel of missing finals. Thats the way footy goes.

Keep dreaming idiot

Keep dreaming idiot

daicos you are a ***, if every club had the money to spend like cul have, we would have a more even comp. but not too many sides are stupid enough to waste so much money in getting an absolute loaf down from darwin each week, but at least they have cut him loose. but if teams like bb saints and crows and magpies had the money to frivolously throw around, they would be up near the top.
in conclusion daicos, you are a dumbarse

daicos you are a ***, if every club had the money to spend like cul have, we would have a more even comp. but not too many sides are stupid enough to waste so much money in getting an absolute loaf down from darwin each week, but at least they have cut him loose. but if teams like bb saints and crows and magpies had the money to frivolously throw around, they would be up near the top.
in conclusion daicos, you are a dumbarse
Believe me the Crows have the money, just no one to throw the money at.

Well boys all the waning and crying about the lop-sidedness of the conpetition dosnt get the improvement required to suceed,now is the time you lesser lights should be out recruiting.Work on your back Six,then your midfield(only recruit players with high work ethics,must run both ways) then obtain two good forwards.
The back six will save you games,the midfield will create opportunities and good forwards convert those opportunities.The big problem with most sides , they dont recruit to a Plan and ultimately fail to suceed time and again.

Well boys all the waning and crying about the lop-sidedness of the conpetition dosnt get the improvement required to suceed,now is the time you lesser lights should be out recruiting.Work on your back Six,then your midfield(only recruit players with high work ethics,must run both ways) then obtain two good forwards.
The back six will save you games,the midfield will create opportunities and good forwards convert those opportunities.The big problem with most sides , they dont recruit to a Plan and ultimately fail to suceed time and again.
or they throw a shit load of money at 1 or 2 blokes instead of spreading it over 6 or 7 blokes...Which has happened in a lot of instances..

I think the culture and location of the club can have alot to do on who they recruit as well Boxhead! Also do you really know who, how & if it was the club that paid for the loaf from Darwin! As Judy stated they (Crows) have the $$ but cant attract the players. If You were offered the same coin out of say Saints and Osborne where would you go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hume FL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back