Hume FL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok so 4 rounds in and not many surprises.
One is that Holbrook are alot worse than evryone first thought
Second is that Jindera haven't dropped off much if at all
Will be interested to see CDHBU come up against a good team to see how they fair.. Coly in the same category but i expect Lockhart to beat them next week.. Lockhart are in the same boat they were last year imo, they will make finals but will struggle to really contend for the flag
BB and RW have improved but hard to see them as contenders with rw the better of the two
MM for the spoon as expected with their only challengers being the Crows
Howling will play finals and have some firepower
Osborne will still be their usual selves being up their having a real tilt at the flag
Culcairn are third in line after Osborne and Jindera
Henty and Walla will win a few games but wont play finals

Thoughts?

Good win by the Brookers on the weekend, especially without the 'Albion Kid' Tommy Hickey up front, would say Brookers have been quite competitive last 2 weeks despite scoreboard and Howlong win very positive for the young Brooker side. Top 3 still a class above at the moment but the next bracket of sides still very close. Was a good game out at Howlong with Barnes getting another bag and the lead changing all day and big Murph and Westy having a great duel in the ruck. Having seen top 3 sides first hand there is not much separating them but Jindera's numbers through the middle may have them just in front. Perhaps Kanga after round 5 there may have been a few 'surprises' in the results and no doubt more too come in the coming weeks. Perhaps writing Holbrook off after running into Jindera, Culcairn Osborne in the first 3 rounds may have been a bit premature though.

Good win by the Brookers on the weekend, especially without the 'Albion Kid' Tommy Hickey up front, would say Brookers have been quite competitive last 2 weeks despite scoreboard and Howlong win very positive for the young Brooker side. Top 3 still a class above at the moment but the next bracket of sides still very close. Having seen top 3 sides first hand there is not much separating them but Jindera's numbers through the middle may have them just in front. Perhaps Kanga after round 5 there may have been a few 'surprises' in the results.
Yep for sure Ill admit I wouldnt have ever picked three of the results this week
Well done to the Brookers, its good to see them get up to beat a quality side after their poor start to the year
Billabong crows winning against Henty was surprising but poses one question, how the hell didnt Holbrook beat the swampies?
And the other one being Cul v Osborne. Did anyone see the game who could talk about what happened? Good to see osborne lose though, I have seen them win enough flags for my lifetime

Brocklesby-Burrumbuttock v Jindera by 75 points
Coleambally vs Lockhart by 7 points
CDHBU vs Murray Magpies by 83 points
Howlong vs Holbrook by 40 points
Billabong Crows vs Henty by 22 points
Osborne vs Culcairn by 24 points
Rand-Walbundrie vs Walla by 26 points

not tipping too well big fella.
howd you go with that ruckman?

Definitely a couple of surprises on the weekend.

Anyone give an account from the Osborne or Cul perspective?

Also any word from the almight BB Saints reserves on reasons behind Jindera's domination on the weekend?

Also any word from the almight BB Saints reserves on reasons behind Jindera's domination on the weekend?
Due to a decimated Saints senior side the 2's were always gonna struggle. The seniors had Scott, Thorneycroft, KB, Gardner, Graeber, Herring, Lappin, A.Lloyd, Eddy missing as well as Richardson and Guest by half time. With the bulk of those players coming back this week expect an improved showing from both grades.:)

Due to a decimated Saints senior side the 2's were always gonna struggle. The seniors had Scott, Thorneycroft, KB, Gardner, Graeber, Herring, Lappin, A.Lloyd, Eddy missing as well as Richardson and Guest by half time. With the bulk of those players coming back this week expect an improved showing from both grades.:)

Yeah injuries are always a decent excuse for 2's footy.

I was more wondering if Jindera were 'that' good following their 2008 season. Obviously the 1's are flying and with a few new senior recruits as posted there may well be another strong showing in 09.

Obviously no Culcairn supporters here. Back in the day we would have heard alot about a performance like this. This thread is dying..... :(

its just a shame for the saints that despite joshua sybren land dominating they we not able to be competitive, all too often its left up to him to do so much

its just a shame for the saints that despite joshua sybren land dominating they we not able to be competitive, all too often its left up to him to do so much

didnt i see in the paper that u (land) just got back into the seniors last wk? or was that incorrect?

if it is true then josh, how the hell can you come out and make such outrageous claims?

and PLEASE stop talking about yourself in the third person, its rather embarressing..

didnt i see in the paper that u (land) just got back into the seniors last wk? or was that incorrect?

if it is true then josh, how the hell can you come out and make such outrageous claims?

and PLEASE stop talking about yourself in the third person, its rather embarressing..

look potter, ill have you know that your bloody club was rather keen for my services, and not so keen on yours, so you would want to watch what yours saying, and use some ettiquite

i think i remember Land getting sat on his arse when chasing down his opponent running into goal. Bit slow to get up to he was. Good fair hip and shoulder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think i remember Land getting sat on his arse when chasing down his opponent running into goal. Bit slow to get up to he was. Good fair hip and shoulder

LOL - dare say this isn't Josh Land above. Sounds like someone's being original like the bloke who was Shane Franz and also Roughy (James Harris).

Btw the Shane Franz one was hillarious!

Looks like a pretty one sided weekend this week.

Match's of the round will be:

Lockhardt v CDHBU
Magpies v Crows
Holbrook v Saints

With June 30 deadline fast approaching any clubs got any new signings? (Cul, Osborne, Jindera are def of interest given the premiership is almost certain to end up in one of these towns)

care-o-meter.gif

Has anybody got any views on wether the new Clubs to the league will
make the finals,are CDHU really that good and what about the Draw it
certainly favors two of the lesser lights from last year?Fancy playing
Magpies twice,if your a leading goalkicker;)

coleambally mite coarse a few upsets if they can keep the pounds fit and on the ground .jay. dean,shane,carl all key postion players ff chf ruck centre...so if they all fire on the day no 1 will stop them all great kicks

Good win by the Brookers on the weekend, especially without the 'Albion Kid' Tommy Hickey up front

Didn't matter in the end with the emergency (Des Royal) stepping up. :thumbsu: I've been a rapt for Des for a while now, good to see him finally do something.

By the way, I've moved back to Victoria after being in SA for the last couple of months, so I've been a little bit out of the loop... How has first year coach Clint Gilson been going?

A couple of Osborne players who tried their luck in the SANFL, are home sick and returning to play with Osborne for the remainder of the year. Adding more depth and flexiability to the team.

Didn't matter in the end with the emergency (Des Royal) stepping up. :thumbsu: I've been a rapt for Des for a while now, good to see him finally do something.

By the way, I've moved back to Victoria after being in SA for the last couple of months, so I've been a little bit out of the loop... How has first year coach Clint Gilson been going?

A couple of Osborne players who tried their luck in the SANFL, are home sick and returning to play with Osborne for the remainder of the year. Adding more depth and flexiability to the team.

Clinton Gilson must have grown a bit since his inforced lay-off ;I see hes
playing at Full-Back tomorrow,maybe he thinks Bomber will tag him.

if you are stupid enough to no realise that it isnt him posting as himself im surprised you are ever smart enough to turn on a ****ing computer you douchbag licking **** head. god i dont no who you are but you sound like a **** bag.

if you are stupid enough to no realise that it isnt him posting as himself im surprised you are ever smart enough to turn on a ****ing computer you douchbag licking **** head. god i dont no who you are but you sound like a **** bag.

Sorry K A M but I believe comments like this are whats stuffing up Bigfooty. How about some interesting thoughts on things football, and leave the personal insults & colourful language out of it.
I know my kids, & I'm sure many others,use this site for the football content and not this rubbish. Stick to the footy mate.:thumbsdown:

KAM i think you need to grow up and cut out the language and talk about the footy, also i tihkn its quite obvious you are the brother of one joshua land, and if he didnt make such arrogant claims we wouldnt be in this situation

Remove this Banner Ad

Hume FL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back