[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Holbrook V Coleambally[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Culcairn V RW Tigers[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Osborne V BB Saints[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Howlong V Henty[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Jindera V CDHBU[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Walla V Bill Crows[/FONT]​
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Lockhart V Magpies[/FONT]​
Not the most interesting round, I can see a few blowouts happening

[quote=GRUB5;14696107]People say culcarin have no ruckmen and dont do well with their clearances. Thats not true. They won more clearances than us, rucked well, etc. Barney was terrific as their ruckman. Anywho, they used the ball so well, hit their targets 9 times outta 10, traveled in numbers, pressure was fantasic, etc.

No offence Grub, but you may be confusing Barney with Matt Waide,Culcairns #1 ruckman, and while he does ok in there I'm sure both he & the lions would much prefer to have him playing elsewhere.As for winning the clearances, I think it would be fair to say that this was the result of superior onballers rather than ruck work.As far as young Barned goes, the kid could make it as a ruckman in a few years, and is certainly worth trying against the bottom sides (no disrespect to BB Saints) but at the moment is a long way short of the likes of Gleeson, Murphy, Whiterod etc. If you look at the top sides of recent years, they have all had quality big men, and at present the lions do not have a quality ruckman on their list.

I got along to Culcairn v Osbourne and young Barned was getting alot higher then Gleeson and he picked up plenty of possessions around the ground on him linking up with Culcairns superior midfielders of Baker and Gilson. Taking a big mark over Gleeson's head with Gleeson showing his frustration giving away a 50m penalty. Also spending alot more time in the ruck then Matt Waide so not quite just "trying against the bottom sides". Havn't really seen or heard anything eles about him but from what I saw high work rate and seemed to hold his own. Jindera still the team to beat.

I think the culture and location of the club can have alot to do on who they recruit as well Boxhead! Also do you really know who, how & if it was the club that paid for the loaf from Darwin! As Judy stated they (Crows) have the $$ but cant attract the players. If You were offered the same coin out of say Saints and Osborne where would you go?

your preaching to the coverted here Too Soft i was in a similar situation a couple of years ago trying to turn a club around that had a shit culture. Admittedly we had a processes and procedures right before we went and stood by them, which believe me upset the apple cart., and a lot of the dead wood drifted away. We also had the opportunity to secure some good quality country footballers on big coin or some younger quality kids coming out of O and M thirds to which you can build longevity around. We took the kids. They have had players come and go myself included but they have built themselves to a point that they have gained respect and are sitting in the top 3 for the 2nd time in 2 years. Can't see them going backwards with the blue print they have adoptedand stuck by.
Some clubs in the Hume that are in a similar situation Thurgoona was 4 years ago need to bite the bullet give themselves a plan stick to it, let the dead wood go, work hard and they will reap the rewards long term,.. Tough to adopt but the rewards are worth it..:thumbsu:

I think the culture and location of the club can have alot to do on who they recruit as well Boxhead! Also do you really know who, how & if it was the club that paid for the loaf from Darwin! As Judy stated they (Crows) have the $$ but cant attract the players. If You were offered the same coin out of say Saints and Osborne where would you go?

i understand what you are saying To Soft, and i happily stand corrected about the money issue at the crows but i could honestly say, purely for ease of location i would go to the saints at the moment. purely from the fact that it is close to albury, same money and i think their culture is increasingly getting better and they are improving their results. however i do understand your point about going to a established club like an osbourne as opposed to a murray magpies who dont seem to have a family orientated club, my apoligies for any offence to anyone- just my opinion.
point taken To Soft. and also the info about the fella from darwin is factual, they have cut him loose recently, my point about that was, there are many quality players around the albury and wagga regions to choose from, without searchng the country, i believe keep the local money local, becuase then the money will go back into the communities and local footy clubs.

Howlong to unveil a BIG recruit over the next few weeks!:thumbsu::D;)

Get ya hand off it 6uldv8. Steve Church is hardly a "BIG" recruit. To my knowledge he is in the army, and while he will have no dramas with being fit i dont think he has touched a footy for a long while. Having looked at the draw there is a fair chance the spide's will fill the "Richmond position" this year as teams like Rand/Wal, CDHBU and Colly have a better run home than the spide's.

Get ya hand off it 6uldv8. Steve Church is hardly a "BIG" recruit. To my knowledge he is in the army, and while he will have no dramas with being fit i dont think he has touched a footy for a long while. Having looked at the draw there is a fair chance the spide's will fill the "Richmond position" this year as teams like Rand/Wal, CDHBU and Colly have a better run home than the spide's.

U have taken the BIG in the wrong context Straughny.

Ok, I've finally caught up after a far too busy period of time at the start of the season - so here's something else to talk about for all you guys that are down there and watching/playing the footy week in/week out rather than just looking at the results.

HUME LEAGUE TOP 10 PLAYERS
Leaderboard After Round 7
SENIORS
Adam Gooden (Osborne) 36
Shane Pound (Coleambally) 36
Nick Whiterod (Walla) 36
Thomas Alexander (Lockhart) 35
Manny Edmunds (Holbrook) 35
Daniel Kirchen (Billabong Crows) 35
Callum Litchfield (Osborne) 35
Daniel Smallwood (Lockhart) 34
Hayden Gleeson (Osborne) 33
Matthew Hill (Rand-Walbundrie) 32

RESERVES
Daniel Smith (Osborne) 43
Samuel Toon (Rand-Walbundrie) 41
Trent Boers (Holbrook) 40
Shane Norman (CDHBU) 36
Scott Fagan (Culcairn) 33
Matthew Hartley (Murray Magpies) 33
Dale Gowland (Osborne) 32
Scott McGrath (Culcairn) 26
Damien Schneider (Osborne) 25
Daniel Binding (Howlong) 23
Dustin Patten (Jindera) 23

THIRDS
Nathan Rhodes (CDHBU) 50
Hayden Filliponi (CDHBU) 44
Zacery Doyle (Murray Magpies) 36
Beau Walker (Howlong) 36
Hamish Clark (Howlong) 35
Adam Mannes (Coleambally) 35
Derek Singe (Henty) 29
Matthew Cross (Holbrook) 28
Kane Barbour (CDHBU) 27
Cory Smith (CDHBU) 27

FOURTHS
Josh Jones (Holbrook) 55
Damien Wilson (CDHBU) 42
Josh Baggio (Howlong) 41
Jakson Franks (Howlong) 41
Jack Doig (Henty) 36
Isaac Muller (Henty) 35
Dylan Hore (Henty) 34
Mark Beale (Billabong Crows) 33
Ben Wilson (CDHBU) 33
Thomas Barnes (Billabong Crows) 32

If the match is a draw - both teams' best five players score 10,8,6,4,2
If the margin is 1-9 points - winners get 10,8,6,4,2; losers get 9,7,5,3,1
If the margin is 10-29 points - winners get 10,9,6,5,2; losers get 8,7,4,3,1
If the margin is 30-59 points - winners get 10,9,8,4,3; losers get 7,6,5,2,1
If the margin is 60-99 points - winners get 10,9,8,7,6; losers get 5,4,3,2,1
If the margin is 100+ points - winners get 10,9,8,7,6,5; losers get 4,3,2,1

Hey guys, yeah if its the same steve church he been playin for gosford in the BDAFL. Watched the game on monday ge top scored with 5 and was voted 2nd best on ground.
How does he go in yr standard comp as he playin with a non-finals team at the moment, made the reps i think last year but not this year.
Not sure what work he does but apparently bought a house 'down south' somewhere and we didnt think we'd see him up here at all this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

201 points. CDHBU will lose to murray magpies later in the year for sure.
Wheels have definetly fallen off.
To many plays have left and injured.;)

jindera were clinical though. One of the most polished performances i've seen in a while. Imagine if they had of kicked straight in the 3rd. Scary to think the bulldogs play the Crows and Magpies in the next 2 weeks

Ok, I've finally caught up after a far too busy period of time at the start of the season - so here's something else to talk about for all you guys that are down there and watching/playing the footy week in/week out rather than just looking at the results.

HUME LEAGUE TOP 10 PLAYERS
Leaderboard After Round 7
SENIORS
1. Adam Gooden (Osborne) 36
1. Shane Pound (Coleambally) 36
1. Nick Whiterod (Walla) 36
4. Thomas Alexander (Lockhart) 35
4. Manny Edmunds (Holbrook) 35
4. Daniel Kirchen (Billabong Crows) 35
4. Callum Litchfield (Osborne) 35
8. Daniel Smallwood (Lockhart) 34
9. Hayden Gleeson (Osborne) 33
10. Matthew Hill (Rand-Walbundrie) 32

RESERVES
1. Daniel Smith (Osborne) 43
2. Samuel Toon (Rand-Walbundrie) 41
3. Trent Boers (Holbrook) 40
4. Shane Norman (CDHBU) 36
5. Scott Fagan (Culcairn) 33
5. Matthew Hartley (Murray Magpies) 33
7. Dale Gowland (Osborne) 32
8. Scott McGrath (Culcairn) 26
9. Damien Schneider (Osborne) 25
10. Daniel Binding (Howlong) 23
10. Dustin Patten (Jindera) 23

THIRDS
1. Nathan Rhodes (CDHBU) 50
2. Hayden Filliponi (CDHBU) 44
3. Zacery Doyle (Murray Magpies) 36
3. Beau Walker (Howlong) 36
5. Hamish Clark (Howlong) 35
5. Adam Mannes (Coleambally) 35
7. Derek Singe (Henty) 29
8. Matthew Cross (Holbrook) 28
9. Kane Barbour (CDHBU) 27
9. Cory Smith (CDHBU) 27

FOURTHS
1. Josh Jones (Holbrook) 55
2. Damien Wilson (CDHBU) 42
3. Josh Baggio (Howlong) 41
3. Jakson Franks (Howlong) 41
5. Jack Doig (Henty) 36
6. Isaac Muller (Henty) 35
7. Dylan Hore (Henty) 34
8. Mark Beale (Billabong Crows) 33
8. Ben Wilson (CDHBU) 33
10. Thomas Barnes (Billabong Crows) 32

If the match is a draw - both teams' best five players score 10,8,6,4,2
If the margin is 1-9 points - winners get 10,8,6,4,2; losers get 9,7,5,3,1
If the margin is 10-29 points - winners get 10,9,6,5,2; losers get 8,7,4,3,1
If the margin is 30-59 points - winners get 10,9,8,4,3; losers get 7,6,5,2,1
If the margin is 60-99 points - winners get 10,9,8,7,6; losers get 5,4,3,2,1
If the margin is 100+ points - winners get 10,9,8,7,6,5; losers get 4,3,2,1

just wondering who gives these votes.

with the recent form of both jordan schilg and dustyn boars (i have read their names in the bests for the saints nigh on every week) would they be classed as hume league elite, cos i know none of our boys are so continuously mentioned

NSW/ACT Board handed down there report on foottball in the riverina. Seems the Hume League will have 15th team next season with The Rock Yerong Creek joing the fold. Major make over of the Farrer and Riverina Leagues but left Hume as is. Which in a way i think is agood thing.

NSW/ACT Board handed down there report on foottball in the riverina. Seems the Hume League will have 15th team next season with The Rock Yerong Creek joing the fold. Major make over of the Farrer and Riverina Leagues but left Hume as is. Which in a way i think is agood thing.

for the ones that maybe interested here is the review from the NSW/ACT Board

well basically The Rock to the Hume League

City Division
Gullie
Coolamon
Eastern Hawks
Mango
Nth Wagga
Rivcoll
Turvey park
Tiger

Country Division
GGGM
Griffith
Leeton
Marrar
Narrandera
Jets
Temora

After 7 rounds the top 4 teams from each division play in the Riverina Cup
and
the bottom 3 teams in Country and bottom 4 teams in City play in the Farrer Cup

11 rounds will be played and then top 5 in the Riverina and top 4 in the Farrer play in their respective finals

a little more in it but thats the basics run down

Big Al, sorry to hear about your injury. I have actually had the same injuries and it is bloody scary not being able to breathe. Best of luck with the recovery!

In saying - I saw the incident and it wasn't Dean Gorman. I also actually thought it was definitely an attempt at the footy which must be how the umpires saw it as well. In saying though I know a few of the Brooker boys thought differently. Again best of luck with the recovery.

In response to the Tigers beating Cul, the margin should have been bigger in the Tigers favour but to Cul's credit they stuck at it and almost stole the game from the better team on the day. Per Klemke's comments in the paper however Cul were missing an absolute gun in Shannon Gilson as well as a couple of other mids.

Can anyone from Osborne shed any light on whether the Cats had any players missing. The Tige's were more than unlucky not to knock them off yesterday, however you do have to play 4 quarters against decent teams and the Cats definitely took their chances!

Spiders this week - should be a cracker!

201 points. CDHBU will lose to murray magpies later in the year for sure.
Wheels have definetly fallen off.
To many plays have left and injured.;)

is that what happen 2 them? from memory the paper rated cdhbu pretty highly this year? magpies wont win a game all year.. they wouldnt even be able to beat myrtleford reserves..

with the recent form of both jordan schilg and dustyn boars (i have read their names in the bests for the saints nigh on every week) would they be classed as hume league elite, cos i know none of our boys are so continuously mentioned

get on t.wong..(bb saints) goes under the radar. plays good brand of football.. will be a star!

Big Al, sorry to hear about your injury. I have actually had the same injuries and it is bloody scary not being able to breathe. Best of luck with the recovery!

In saying - I saw the incident and it wasn't Dean Gorman. I also actually thought it was definitely an attempt at the footy which must be how the umpires saw it as well. In saying though I know a few of the Brooker boys thought differently. Again best of luck with the recovery.

Thats footy mate, collision sport you will get fixed up at some stage. Rand not proving a happy hunting ground for the Brookers in recent years. Timmy Nichols lost his spleen there last year, think the boys will be looking forward to hopefully not having to head there in 2010 with luck of the draw :D.

get on t.wong..(bb saints) goes under the radar. plays good brand of football.. will be a star!
According to a majority of the posts on this site BB Saints must be awsome because there is that many guns apparently playing for them, if they were that ****n good they would be winning more games, 3/4 of that side would not get a game for a top side, sure there is scott and glanville maybe guest, but really get your hands of your you know what and give it a rest about how many of them are stars, to be honest there a bunch of *******s....

Remove this Banner Ad

Hume FL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back