Hume FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well they will learn 3 new words at wahgunyah MAN,RIGHT AND F..K no one will be losing any sleep about losing any of the above players the ex coach would be with out a doubt the worst coach i have ever seen in all my time in football no idea how to set up on match day no ides how to communicate with any one let alone players the foulest mouth i have heard and the dumbest leader of all time
As for Trent Ball going to Howlong good ridance the laziest footballer of all time the only reason he kicked 70 goals is because he kicked them against the shit for a man who is only 22 or 23 he should be ashamed of himself for the way he has presented himself.
As for the players that wish to follow to wahgunyah good go you are only thugs who like hitting when no one is watching go an ply your trade in the Tallangatta league you have dragged this club down enough it is time for the people of the tigers to take control of their football club and set about performing on and off the ground.
To many good people out at tiger land to have to go through another season lke this one just finished
As for all the bagging about Dale Smith at least he will bring back a bit of order and respect back into the place
That was magnificent:thumbsu:Well said old mate Warblerer you are obviously happy about the departures of the above, another one for you luke Daly has signed with Wodonga saints. But they might be all thugs and bring the club down but ocka dickins was brilliant in the games i watched he one a couple on his own , would not have won as many games if he didnt play as many as he did :D

That was magnificent:thumbsu:Well said old mate Warblerer you are obviously happy about the departures of the above, another one for you luke Daly has signed with Wodonga saints. But they might be all thugs and bring the club down but ocka dickins was brilliant in the games i watched he one a couple on his own , would not have won as many games if he didnt play as many as he did :D
you are spot on kk ocka was very good and probably played every game injured i really wasnt talking about him he gave every thing in the games he played there are a couple of others who are locals and think they are tough men never got a touch against the big guns
yeah new about luke he was going half way through the year he is a good footballer and never really fitted in with the current hierachy.
so you have worked me out that is alright dont get on here to stir any shit just good to hear what is going on round the traps loking forward to wally announcing who will be coaching the mighty pigeons

you are spot on kk ocka was very good and probably played every game injured i really wasnt talking about him he gave every thing in the games he played there are a couple of others who are locals and think they are tough men never got a touch against the big guns
yeah new about luke he was going half way through the year he is a good footballer and never really fitted in with the current hierachy.
so you have worked me out that is alright dont get on here to stir any shit just good to hear what is going on round the traps loking forward to wally announcing who will be coaching the mighty pigeons

warblerer for someone who apparrently doesn't want to stir any shit you've been throwing a fair bit around, i'd say bagging people out is stirring pretty hardn at least your good to laugh at :) rand - walbundrie REALLY need to look at their committee !! a few less self serving people would help the club out greatly.
anyway does anyone know whats going on with the coreen league teams that are meant to be coming into the hume ? they'ed be better going off the picola league wouldn't they ?

warblerer for someone who apparrently doesn't want to stir any shit you've been throwing a fair bit around, i'd say bagging people out is stirring pretty hardn at least your good to laugh at :) rand - walbundrie REALLY need to look at their committee !! a few less self serving people would help the club out greatly.
anyway does anyone know whats going on with the coreen league teams that are meant to be coming into the hume ? they'ed be better going off the picola league wouldn't they ?

G'day Number 1. I'm a long time Coreen League person. I've been away the last few weeks but the last I heard we are all being lumped into your comp. That will occur despite the inevitable and understandable protests from Hume Clubs. I believe that the the NSW AFL powers that be will force this. Yes, we wanted (well, most of us anyway) to head Picola way but that fell through. If you want to know the reasons why I'd suggest you read the last 3 months of the Coreen League thread. Some of our clubs have concerns re the travel involved, the lift in standard and the fact we aren't wanted but we have no choice it would seem. (We were also hoping to have seen the last of the Murray Magpies when they left too). I can't see this working and hopefully there will be some common sense changes for the 2009 season before some of our clubs fold.

well they will learn 3 new words at wahgunyah MAN,RIGHT AND F..K no one will be losing any sleep about losing any of the above players the ex coach would be with out a doubt the worst coach i have ever seen in all my time in football no idea how to set up on match day no ides how to communicate with any one let alone players the foulest mouth i have heard and the dumbest leader of all time
As for Trent Ball going to Howlong good ridance the laziest footballer of all time the only reason he kicked 70 goals is because he kicked them against the shit for a man who is only 22 or 23 he should be ashamed of himself for the way he has presented himself.
As for the players that wish to follow to wahgunyah good go you are only thugs who like hitting when no one is watching go an ply your trade in the Tallangatta league you have dragged this club down enough it is time for the people of the tigers to take control of their football club and set about performing on and off the ground.
To many good people out at tiger land to have to go through another season lke this one just finished
As for all the bagging about Dale Smith at least he will bring back a bit of order and respect back into the place

It amazes me Warblerer, how you're quick to get onto this thread and bag out people like Ozzie yet you guys are the ones who appointed him as coach. How quickley we forget! :confused: It was common knowledge in the football community that Ozzie would be like that, therefore Walbundrie has only got itself to blame. :thumbsdown: But the most amusing thing is blokes like Ozzie will always keep getting jobs at clubs like yours, and then they all cry fowl :eek:

As for Occa and Ball, Occa is a gun and played some good football for your club so you should not be whinging in that regards:thumbsu:. In regards to Ball, having played against him myself, you can say all you like but at the end of the day he has kicked 75 not 70 goals for the year which by my calculations works out to be just above 4 goals a game and you like a few people on this thread said he only kicked it against the shit. If my memory serves me correctly, I'm sure he kicked at least 6 against Osborne and I think the same against Howlong and I know that they are not shit, having played against them during the year. Peace out .

hey DR , i'm an old buraja boy myself and it was sad to see the old girl go. I think the stronger club of the really long name will hold its own in the hume but the others will really struggle. we can only hope that sense will prevail with what is best for everyone.:thumbsu:

hey DR , i'm an old buraja boy myself and it was sad to see the old girl go. I think the stronger club of the really long name will hold its own in the hume but the others will really struggle. we can only hope that sense will prevail with what is best for everyone.:thumbsu:

I don't know about the others, but I'm certain, barring a mass exodus, that the club of the really long name will do more than hold its own.
The Blues will go alright as well and it depends on how many players the Crows can keep as to how they go.
Rennie need to do some serious recruiting. I hope they can for their own sake because I don't like to see any club go under.

You guys saw the Magpies this year. Expect the Saints (or whatever we are next year) and the Blues to be much better. The Crows to be better (depending on ins and outs) and the Hoppers to battle (depending on recruits).

I'm seriously looking forward to seeing how we go.
All four clubs, but especially the United Power. You heard it here first.

I don't know about the others, but I'm certain, barring a mass exodus, that the club of the really long name will do more than hold its own.
The Blues will go alright as well and it depends on how many players the Crows can keep as to how they go.
Rennie need to do some serious recruiting. I hope they can for their own sake because I don't like to see any club go under.

You guys saw the Magpies this year. Expect the Saints (or whatever we are next year) and the Blues to be much better. The Crows to be better (depending on ins and outs) and the Hoppers to battle (depending on recruits).

I'm seriously looking forward to seeing how we go.
All four clubs, but especially the United Power. You heard it here first.

Note I said some of the clubs will have concerns crossing to the Hume. The old Sainters and now the United Power will go well and will be a good fit for that comp. They are strong through all the grades. Yep, the Blues will as always give a good account of themselves in the Seniors, but they will fall away in the rest of the grades pretty badly I fear. I'll be very interested to see which way the Crows go. If they can't keep their recruits they are in strife (do they have any $ left?). You are right about the Hoppers. Apparently they have a bit of $ but they need half a dozen quality recruits to be competitive. Most of their numbers are drawn from Yarra and Mul - they aren't real happy with the travel and the prospect of some towellings from the strong Hume Clubs.

I think the Crows and Hoppers don't have a long term future if they are left in that comp.

With all due respect to the former Coreen clubs and those involved with them, anyone who thinks they can do any sort of damage against the serious clubs in this league are being overly wishfull; i honestly hope you blokes can survive, but is the talent, and more importantly, the $$$, there?
Furthermore, as stated often and openly, a 15 team league will not work, that's a fact. Expect mergers and recessions, and not just amoungst the CDFL clubs. It's a prick but it's what's very likely to happen.

With all due respect to the former Coreen clubs and those involved with them, anyone who thinks they can do any sort of damage against the serious clubs in this league are being overly wishfull; i honestly hope you blokes can survive, but is the talent, and more importantly, the $$$, there?
Furthermore, as stated often and openly, a 15 team league will not work, that's a fact. Expect mergers and recessions, and not just amoungst the CDFL clubs. It's a prick but it's what's very likely to happen.

I respect your opinion, but I still ask any neutral observer if the Hume league is really that far above the Coreen league. Five years ago I'd say not at all, but I'm not neutral.

Either way, the Southern Riverina League should still be on the agenda.

CDHBU, Billabong, Coleambally, Rennie, Jerilderie, Rand-Walbundrie, Brocklesby-Burrumbuttock, Berrigan.

Come on NSW-ACTAFL. Show some balls because 16 and 15 doesn't make sense when you could so easily keep three smaller leagues.

CDHBU, Billabong, Coleambally, Rennie, Jerilderie, Rand-Walbundrie, Brocklesby-Burrumbuttock, Berrigan.

i'd throw murray magpies in there , but thats a heaps better idea than what they are proposing:thumbsu:

i'd throw murray magpies in there , but thats a heaps better idea than what they are proposing:thumbsu:

The Magpies never really fitted in with the CDFL and with all due respect to them, haven't been missed. The suggested Southern Riverina League is a good mix of similar small country town and district teams that are vital to their local communities (you could probably add Blighty in there). Each club could go into that comp knowing fully well that given the right players and a bit of luck they might all eventually have a crack at a flag. Those same clubs probably can't say that if they go into a comp against the likes of Osborne, Culcairn, Howlong, Holbrook, Henty and Jindera.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swamp - as stated in the other posts and yours, the Coreen league clubs haven't wanted this and either did you blokes in Hume. If this is so how has this happened? Here It Is' assessment is right - why didn't the NSWAFL show some leadership, create a better fitting league and let these smaller clubs have a chance rather than just chucking them all in together and consigning some to extinction. I think your statement about talent and (more importantly????) $$$ says it all. It's like some of the clubs think spending money is a means to an end in itself. Many are damaging themselves more than each other.

To fix it. it needs the leadership of clubs who think they are above going to such a league to get off their high horses and think long term. Are Brock-Burrum, Berrigan, Rand etc ever going to be powerhouses where they are? Sure they might spend $80k one year and nearly get there but they are never going to be up there every year through lack of numbers and dosh. What is the point of spending that sort of money just to be in a "better" league (take note RWalbund). They way Hume is going it will just be an awful mess with 3-4 clubs going down the drain. Hopefully common sense will prevail over time.

On how good some will be, talk to someone like Matty Gleeson on where some Coreen clubs will end up. Over the last couple of years 3-4 Coreen clubs would have been very competitive. Rand-Wal still has a lot of the same players running around that were getting beaten by 30 goals in Coreen league.

Next year won't tell the story as a lot of players probably won't go on with travelling and lack of desire to go over there unfortunately. A mess all round. Do you have any solutions? eg is there any way Lockhart, Henty, Osborne would take get shifted back into Farrer?

You're spot on Browny, nobody wanted this to happen. So why did it anyway? There's a plethora of answers to that question, but the abscense of action by Southern NSW AFL is the one that sticks in everyone's mind.

I've spoken to the Chairman of Southern NSW AFL on the matter, and he states that the current arangement is in the 'best interests of football', given the previous state of limbo the 4 Coreen clubs found themselves in, and he's probably right, too.

However, one wonders if the inerests of football may have been better served by a decision 2-3 years ago, when Blind Freddie's dead duck could see what was going to hapen.

You're correct in assuming that it will be the clubs that will need to lead a push for a 'middle' league, if we look back on all the facts, it has been the clubs that have been the catalyst of all these changes that have occured, whether they meant to or not, in Rand/Walb, MM and BC. This seems to be the more practical option then sitting around waiting for somebody else to do it; that position appears well taken.

The Farrer option has been talked about before on this board. It's an interesting concept and possibly a viable one, but would require a shake up of both Wagga leagues, which means more work for the organisers.

It's likely however that these clubs to be shifted would fight tooth and nail against it, simply on the fact that a Farrer move would mean a sepearation of juniors to the Sunday. All clubs in question (Cul, Osb, Hen, Loc) have outstanding junior programs that would be immeasurably damaged if they played the next day.

I still have doubts as to how the new clubs will perform, but i sit waiting to beleive it when i see it.

I too hope that common sense will prevail, but understand that in something like this that means so much to so many, any form of sense will always be clouded by pride, history and agenda.

You're spot on Browny, nobody wanted this to happen. So why did it anyway? There's a plethora of answers to that question, but the abscense of action by Southern NSW AFL is the one that sticks in everyone's mind.

I've spoken to the Chairman of Southern NSW AFL on the matter, and he states that the current arangement is in the 'best interests of football', given the previous state of limbo the 4 Coreen clubs found themselves in, and he's probably right, too.

However, one wonders if the inerests of football may have been better served by a decision 2-3 years ago, when Blind Freddie's dead duck could see what was going to hapen.

You're correct in assuming that it will be the clubs that will need to lead a push for a 'middle' league, if we look back on all the facts, it has been the clubs that have been the catalyst of all these changes that have occured, whether they meant to or not, in Rand/Walb, MM and BC. This seems to be the more practical option then sitting around waiting for somebody else to do it; that position appears well taken.

The Farrer option has been talked about before on this board. It's an interesting concept and possibly a viable one, but would require a shake up of both Wagga leagues, which means more work for the organisers.

It's likely however that these clubs to be shifted would fight tooth and nail against it, simply on the fact that a Farrer move would mean a sepearation of juniors to the Sunday. All clubs in question (Cul, Osb, Hen, Loc) have outstanding junior programs that would be immeasurably damaged if they played the next day.

I still have doubts as to how the new clubs will perform, but i sit waiting to beleive it when i see it.

I too hope that common sense will prevail, but understand that in something like this that means so much to so many, any form of sense will always be clouded by pride, history and agenda.

Spot on with all counts Swamp. Wasn't aware of Farrer's junior situation - those moves will be a goner by the looks then. Agree that the Coreen clubs may struggle next year - don't think they would've in the last couple though. Everyone is saying the same things but nothing happens.

It amazes me Warblerer, how you're quick to get onto this thread and bag out people like Ozzie yet you guys are the ones who appointed him as coach. How quickley we forget! :confused: It was common knowledge in the football community that Ozzie would be like that, therefore Walbundrie has only got itself to blame. :thumbsdown: But the most amusing thing is blokes like Ozzie will always keep getting jobs at clubs like yours, and then they all cry fowl :eek:

As for Occa and Ball, Occa is a gun and played some good football for your club so you should not be whinging in that regards:thumbsu:. In regards to Ball, having played against him myself, you can say all you like but at the end of the day he has kicked 75 not 70 goals for the year which by my calculations works out to be just above 4 goals a game and you like a few people on this thread said he only kicked it against the shit. If my memory serves me correctly, I'm sure he kicked at least 6 against Osborne and I think the same against Howlong and I know that they are not shit, having played against them during the year. Peace out .

Hi Trent!

Seems to be a few players crossing from the hume to the TDFL. Must be the smaller grounds.

sorry guys bit late i know but how did graham fruean play in the granny???? very hard to get info on the hume league in perth!!!

Fruey had a ripper 1st qtr and a half when it was needed the most. held his own all day and was one of the best in the backline with Schuberg.

Newcastle Coaching Positions 2008 Season

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Newcastle City Football Club [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]seeks expressions of interest for coaches for season 2008 in the following grades:[/FONT][/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]First Grade (Black Diamond Cup) - Playing or Non Playing[/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Reserve Grade - Playing or Non Playing[/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Under 18's[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]New players are also very welcome. Please contact the club if you would like information regarding lifestyle, employment or accommodation details.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The club is 125 years old with a strong tradition and is a premier club in the Newcastle and Central Coast competition. It offers excellent facilities, a strong Committee and a region offering a great lifestyle with many employment opportunities.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Newcastle City has a very strong junior base and we are looking to build on an excellent 2007 with the First Grade minor premiers, the Reserves and U/18's both back to back premiers and the U/16's premiers.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Applications close on October 31st and should be submitted to:[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Email: [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]ncafc@hotmail.com[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Postal Address: PO Box 2110, Dangar NSW 2309[/FONT]

As an avid RW supporter I am tired of this "blame Game". I think that the club may need a more substantial support base for the seinor coach, I mean the coach shouldnt have to chase down blokes to run water etc. on game day that in my opinion shows somewhat a lack of commitment by some players and members. And as far as clowns like warbler are concerened why if you were so concerened did you not "pull your finger out" and give blokes like Oz a hand???? Are you the type of supp we want at the club? I think not. Your harsh and somewhat "personal" attacks arent welcome on this site so keep them to yourself. I think Oz gave everythin to the club and whilst he had the respect of the players you "armchair" experts didnt give him the credit he deserved as far as your comments are concerend I dont think you have the faintest idea about the makeup of a good coach and petty attacks are just a weak gutted way of venting your apparent frustration whilst hiding behind the internet. Mate why dont you have a good hard look at youself and if possible think b4 you speak as your comments arent gospel in fact what you have brought to this site is all crap!! if i were you and you felt so passionately about it why not speak to oz face to face otherwise crawl back under that rock that you came from and dont pollute this top site with your illinformed crap. Mate your a fu**** clown.

As an avid RW supporter I am tired of this "blame Game". I think that the club may need a more substantial support base for the seinor coach, I mean the coach shouldnt have to chase down blokes to run water etc. on game day that in my opinion shows somewhat a lack of commitment by some players and members. And as far as clowns like warbler are concerened why if you were so concerened did you not "pull your finger out" and give blokes like Oz a hand???? Are you the type of supp we want at the club? I think not. Your harsh and somewhat "personal" attacks arent welcome on this site so keep them to yourself. I think Oz gave everythin to the club and whilst he had the respect of the players you "armchair" experts didnt give him the credit he deserved as far as your comments are concerend I dont think you have the faintest idea about the makeup of a good coach and petty attacks are just a weak gutted way of venting your apparent frustration whilst hiding behind the internet. Mate why dont you have a good hard look at youself and if possible think b4 you speak as your comments arent gospel in fact what you have brought to this site is all crap!! if i were you and you felt so passionately about it why not speak to oz face to face otherwise crawl back under that rock that you came from and dont pollute this top site with your illinformed crap. Mate your a fu**** clown.

Get into it boys this is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back