Hume FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are some clubs building for a 3-4 year plan,have a look at r-w tigers,will prob finish bottom 5 this year,but thru smart management and recruiting,will be a stronger club in the future years by playing there kids and by having sumone who there kids can respect and look up to.:thumbsu:

Yes do tell..... Can't imagine the kids will be doing too much looking up in the next year or so unless they are 4ft nothing

Ok, fair enough that the coreen league wasnt the greatest footy league of all time but it did seem to be a fairly even comp. Every league is gunna have its more wealthier clubs than others. However, ill put this to you Doobie, if many coreen league followers believe thier clubs need to spend big kanga to "compete" (as you put it) why the f*ck did they come over to the hume league ??
Surely the coin issue must of been discussed before a decison was made. I'll be frank, i dont know what the crows have spent, but if its in the ball park of 100 clams like being suggested, they are gunna be one sore and sorry footy club because come the business end they are gunna be no where near it, and will have nothing to show for season 08' except a huge player payment bill.

The hume league, yes some clubs are better off than others, but over the last 10 years (although osborne has won alot of flags) the majority of the clubs have competed in finals series. A problem many hume league clubs have is that they want success NOW, what happened to clubs building towards grand finals over a 3,4 or 5 year period ?
:thumbsu:

GR - the CDFL clubs came over to the Hume comp because they had no bloody choice! I won't go into the reasons again (read last year's CDFL thread) because Hand Grenade will start sniping at the Billabong Crows and then Footy Mad and his mates will bore us with the "you're a muppet" and all that other shit.

Mate, the Hume is clearly a stronger league. I think the CDFL Clubs are like any other - they like winning games. To do that this year they've had to aim up with the coin. Not having a crack at the Hume League - that's just the reality of being in this new comp. Finance and player numbers/quality wise, I think that the only club that might have the ability to stay in the Hume League long term is CDHBU. Apart from them, I can't see the other CDFL Clubs lasting too long in the Hume League (for a variety of reasons). Mate, we would much rather be back in a comp like the old CDFL (with a few extra clubs like Berrigan for example) where we don't have to spend so much, and still be a chance for finals.

Yeah true...wtf is your problem hand grenade...mate you must live one sad life...its pretty funny at the same time though u love to talk about under 14 yr old boys which is scary enough...mate u need a girl or something or a guy wat eva the f**k u r into and make sure their over the age of 14 cause i dunno bout anyone else but im startin to worry about all the 14 yr olds at the crows...good solution instead of coming on here and tlkin shit search "young boys" on google and im sure no 1 will have 2 put up with your shit on here anymore...other than that how are the crows going in seniors and who are some good young names to look for...(no not dor u hand grenade)

And you're only adding to the dubious quality of this thread by coming in with this shit. You and a few of your mates should take a tip. Hand Grenade - you've made your point re the crows. The rest of you people can you stop with the muppet and little boy shit, otherwise HG will just keep hooking back in to you. I'm sick of this.

TALK F#CKING FOOTY.

Doobie u r so far off the mark with ur assessment of how much the crows r paying their players, u r embarassing ur self..... either get some correct figures (which u will never get because u r nothing to do with the club) or stick to talking about clubs that u might know something about cause after this effort u clearly know Sweat FA about us!!!

Doobie u r so far off the mark with ur assessment of how much the crows r paying their players, u r embarassing ur self..... either get some correct figures (which u will never get because u r nothing to do with the club) or stick to talking about clubs that u might know something about cause after this effort u clearly know Sweat FA about us!!!

Don't "play the man" Fev! Enough posters are doing this atm. This is talking footy. If I'm off the mark with the $ then give us one mate. And just to let you know Fev, I know some of your Mul boys (that are with the crows this year) and unless they are bullsh!tting me, the figure is accurate. I do know that your club (as I presume you're a crow man) is forking out in the high 40's / low 50's just for your coach and the carload of lads coming up from Mul. How do I know that? I tried to recruit them to my club and they told me the figure we'd have to match or beat to get them.

It seems to me that any posters connected to the crows atm are very touchy. Anything close to a criticism and they are hurling the insults. If you can't handle it then don't lower this thread with such rubbish posts. :thumbsdown:

GR - the CDFL clubs came over to the Hume comp because they had no bloody choice! I won't go into the reasons again (read last year's CDFL thread) because Hand Grenade will start sniping at the Billabong Crows and then Footy Mad and his mates will bore us with the "you're a muppet" and all that other shit.

Mate, the Hume is clearly a stronger league. I think the CDFL Clubs are like any other - they like winning games. To do that this year they've had to aim up with the coin. Not having a crack at the Hume League - that's just the reality of being in this new comp. Finance and player numbers/quality wise, I think that the only club that might have the ability to stay in the Hume League long term is CDHBU. Apart from them, I can't see the other CDFL Clubs lasting too long in the Hume League (for a variety of reasons). Mate, we would much rather be back in a comp like the old CDFL (with a few extra clubs like Berrigan for example) where we don't have to spend so much, and still be a chance for finals.

Doobe's if thats your assessment of the current situations the old coreen league clubs are in, and im not disagreeing or agreeing at this stage, but if your correct then this move will be one of the greatest monumental f*ck-ups of all time. Id like to know which egotistical person made this decision without consulting ALL coreen league clubs. Use had a league which each club could be viable in and where each club had a similar chance if acheiving some success in any given year. Now, huge increase in spending to be 'competitive' which probably cant be sustained (although i hope im wrong) and when the money dries up clubs become insolvent and die.

How about you boys stop worrying about your coreen teams and your money and start to focus on the footy, caus last time i checked the real footy is getting played at the top of the ladder where none of you boys are making an appearance... Culcairn v CBDHU should be a good marker to see where they are both at!

How about you boys stop worrying about your coreen teams and your money and start to focus on the footy, caus last time i checked the real footy is getting played at the top of the ladder where none of you boys are making an appearance... Culcairn v CBDHU should be a good marker to see where they are both at!

Good points. CDFL people should now cease the bitching.

Hey Winners, the current Hume ladder would disagree with that statement somewhat. CDHBU at 3rd, Crows at 6th, Coly at 7th and Rennie with a number of Hume teams between them at the bottom of the ladder. Only early days yet. But I reckon that ladder might look pretty similar towards the end of the season too, probably with Lockhart a bit higher up.

I think we all are looking forward to seeing how our strongest club (in CDHBU) aims up against Culcairn. It has certainly added some interest anyway!

Don't "play the man" Fev! Enough posters are doing this atm. This is talking footy. If I'm off the mark with the $ then give us one mate. And just to let you know Fev, I know some of your Mul boys (that are with the crows this year) and unless they are bullsh!tting me, the figure is accurate. I do know that your club (as I presume you're a crow man) is forking out in the high 40's / low 50's just for your coach and the carload of lads coming up from Mul. How do I know that? I tried to recruit them to my club and they told me the figure we'd have to match or beat to get them.

It seems to me that any posters connected to the crows atm are very touchy. Anything close to a criticism and they are hurling the insults. If you can't handle it then don't lower this thread with such rubbish posts. :thumbsdown:

I got the gut feeling that these blokes from the crows may be the one and the same, just like our mate roughy. By the way Doobie, i back your claims abou the amount clams they are paying. Last year they started on 92K and finished paying100K due to a couple of mid recruits. That is no criticism, crows boys just a fact of life, pay up or fold.

Good points. CDFL people should now cease the bitching.

Hey Winners, the current Hume ladder would disagree with that statement somewhat. CDHBU at 3rd, Crows at 6th, Coly at 7th and Rennie with a number of Hume teams between them at the bottom of the ladder. Only early days yet. But I reckon that ladder might look pretty similar towards the end of the season too, probably with Lockhart a bit higher up.

I think we all are looking forward to seeing how our strongest club (in CDHBU) aims up against Culcairn. It has certainly added some interest anyway!

You would think that.. they have played the 3 top teams of last year already so the tough part of the draw is over for a while.. it will be good to see where they are at about the halfway mark.. Good to see such an even competition this year anyway

I'll be waiting with baited breath for the results to come through to see how CDHBU goes over at Culcairn tomorrow. Depending on how many blokes we have in or out, it will be a good indication of how the CDFL clubs are going to match up. So far, the results of those clubs against each other are pretty much on a par with how they were last year - not that far apart during the season. Who will win? I don't know. Who is favourite? That's obvious.

CARN THE POWER!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry Dobbie, I didn't mean to play the man and if it came across that way i apologise. I am just sick and tired of coming on here and listening to things that are not true. We are two small towns, in the middle of a drought, WHERE THE FIGGN HELL ARE WE GOING TO GET 100K TO PAY FOOTBALL PLAYERS? Anyway on another topic it's good 2 c the old CDFL teams have started the season well, long may it continue. Keep up ur usual insightful posts Dobbie it's refreshing to hear someone from the old league other that HG. O and by the way, I know foot.mad and we are not the same person as has been suggested, he is alot younger than me.

A 67-man preliminary squad has been named for the Hume League's assault on the NSW Country Championships to be held at Wagga on the long weekend.

View it at http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...task=DETAIL&articleID=5417247&sectionID=61063 and please discuss.

A 67 man squad is absolutely ridiculous!!!

There can only be 2 reasons for such a stupid amount of players being named - the coach doesn't want to upset anyone, or the coach doesn't expect too many to turn up and if thats the case they can still have a side.

It really detracts from making a league squad like that when it is probably quicker to name who didn't make it than who did!!

Yeah, that's a fair call fp.
I would say as the selectors wouldn't have had the opportunity to see all the teams.
It would be more likely that each club was asked to nominate players and all those were invited to attend training, where the selectors will be able to see all the ones that are keen together.

just a little thing occured at the bb saints v howlong game.on our way in our car was checked for grog.there was a big sign at the gate saying " NO BYO " .this has been the first time i seen this at the games i have been to. after talking to a local he told me that a rumor was a float about the bb saints setting up a tent and selling grog.what a shame the rumor was false.

in other breaking news the bb saints 2's won a game and hopefully more are on they way.i have never seen a club so happy for there players.i have played in premierships and the feeling was better then that for these guys.

also they have signed a full forward from melbourne who looked good.hopefully can play a few more games so the saints can win a senior game or two.

Just wondering what happened at Culcairn yesterday? Did CDHBU have a few blokes out? After this result(100 pt loss) you would think that they would struggle to be a finals contender now. It would be fair to say that Jind-Osb-Cul-Holb-How-Loc-Walla are well above them. Im thinking they would be on par with Henty. Prob the result that other Coreen teams didnt want to hear. It gets worse for the Power with the powerhouse Osborne next up followed by prem favourites Jindera.

Just wondering what happened at Culcairn yesterday? Did CDHBU have a few blokes out? After this result(100 pt loss) you would think that they would struggle to be a finals contender now. It would be fair to say that Jind-Osb-Cul-Holb-How-Loc-Walla are well above them. Im thinking they would be on par with Henty. Prob the result that other Coreen teams didnt want to hear. It gets worse for the Power with the powerhouse Osborne next up followed by prem favourites Jindera.

Yeah that result might send shockwaves through the coreen league clubs as CDHBU was touted as being thier strongest team. I'll put me neck out and say the top 6 is clear cut and will be Cul-Jind-Osb-Holb-Howl-Lock. Walla are a peg down on these 6 even though they beat lockart yesterday. And i think most would agree that Culcairn deserve to be the flag favourites at this stage i think they are just a little bit ahead of jindera, but in saying that i reckon the Dogs will take it right up to them if they all keep their heads screwed on out their and dont get ahead of themselves.

Yeah that result might send shockwaves through the coreen league clubs as CDHBU was touted as being thier strongest team. I'll put me neck out and say the top 6 is clear cut and will be Cul-Jind-Osb-Holb-Howl-Lock. Walla are a peg down on these 6 even though they beat lockart yesterday. And i think most would agree that Culcairn deserve to be the flag favourites at this stage i think they are just a little bit ahead of jindera, but in saying that i reckon the Dogs will take it right up to them if they all keep their heads screwed on out their and dont get ahead of themselves.

Was at the walla game yesterday.. full credit to the hoppers but the demons finished with 17 fit players with a player who was concussed going on to make numbers.. add this on to the 4 or 5 already out of their 1st grade team with 3 being key players brad pearse josh firman and ryan hill.. howlong would be favourites to beat them this saturday with lockharts depth seeming little seeing the results of their 2nd grade side..

Was at the walla game yesterday.. full credit to the hoppers but the demons finished with 17 fit players with a player who was concussed going on to make numbers.. add this on to the 4 or 5 already out of their 1st grade team with 3 being key players brad pearse josh firman and ryan hill.. howlong would be favourites to beat them this saturday with lockharts depth seeming little seeing the results of their 2nd grade side..

Fair summary that walla did play well they really had the pressure on all day but cant be using injuries as an excuse for losing the game Pearse is there best loss as for hill he got dropped and was struggling in the twos. But now they have got a tough run if they drop the next 2 to 4 games i reckon the finals prediction for them is stuffed. injuries do play a part but at the and of the day every club gets them look at walla in the last 2 seasons all the best to both sides though lot of good players in both sides...

I agree, Cul,Jind,Osb,Holb,Lock & Walla are the best teams, but as I've said before, the draw will play a big part of how plays finals. One or two of the correen sides has a huge chance of playing finals.

what a result on the weekend. noone wished to see that margin with cul but hopefully now a few of the coreen pple on this thread will keep their head pulled in and stop talking shit. welcome to the big time boys!

Fair summary that walla did play well they really had the pressure on all day but cant be using injuries as an excuse for losing the game Pearse is there best loss as for hill he got dropped and was struggling in the twos. But now they have got a tough run if they drop the next 2 to 4 games i reckon the finals prediction for them is stuffed. injuries do play a part but at the and of the day every club gets them look at walla in the last 2 seasons all the best to both sides though lot of good players in both sides...

He didn't idn't play twos bud so obviously you have got no idea and just making up s**t.. not using injuries as an excuse.. they should have won.. there are no excuses.. good on walla played a good game deserved winners

Sounds to me you were blaming injuries Kangas (I suppose it does make it hard with 17 fit players). Unfortunately injuries are part of the game and thats why it usually comes down to which team has the best 25-30 rather than best 18 who plays finals.This is the main reason why Osborne are consistently a top three side. I think that loss to walla might really hurt the Lochart boys finals chances, time will tell i guess.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back