Hume FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting i've never heard that cliche b4, much be an immaculate conception of the hume league. The brolga shall be in full flight with the baboon in its straight up ferocity, this combined with the hunger of the bald aardvark should prove enought to slay some opponents, if u catch my drift

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
It's possibly the oldest saying in football.
Which rock did you say you were hiding under?

interesting i've never heard that cliche b4, much be an immaculate conception of the hume league. The brolga shall be in full flight with the baboon in its straight up ferocity, this combined with the hunger of the bald aardvark should prove enought to slay some opponents, if u catch my drift

To much Discovery channel for you Rock spider

Re: Hume FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rock Spider

That's not the discovery channel, I think he was describing the new night club in Culcairn...:D

For those of you who thought East Lavi had ceased to exist,think again.They played Culcairn yesterday and are still a disgace to the league.Big Robbo deserves far better than this rabble. My advice,get rid of the nutters, 18 & 9 come to mind, & promote some of those talented kids from the thirds,coz they want to play footy & may just save your club.:thumbsdown:

For those of you who thought East Lavi had ceased to exist,think again.They played Culcairn yesterday and are still a disgace to the league.Big Robbo deserves far better than this rabble. My advice,get rid of the nutters, 18 & 9 come to mind, & promote some of those talented kids from the thirds,coz they want to play footy & may just save your club.:thumbsdown:

You can't call 18 a nutter!! Soft, weak, S**t scared, pathetic, yep all these words spring to mind, but to call him a nutter would insinuate he could do some damage. He aint dangerous!!! The magpie guensey deserves better:thumbsdown:

You can't call 18 a nutter!! Soft, weak, S**t scared, pathetic, yep all these words spring to mind, but to call him a nutter would insinuate he could do some damage. He aint dangerous!!! The magpie guensey deserves better:thumbsdown:

Lets not get too personal daicos fan. I just dont believe football needs these types. Running around sniping blokes does not require courage. The tough men that we respect are the ones that put their body on the line as they attack the football. Culcairn has a few of these:- Fruen, Schulz & even old Boosley are fine examples. They also have a couple who walk a fine line.

What was the final score (or margin)? I left at quarter time - i felt another belting was brewing.

What was the final score (or margin)? I left at quarter time - i felt another belting was brewing.

Ease up on the Maggies boys I would think most teams have one or two players who play outside the spirit of the game. It is up to the coaches to pull these players in line. Robbo obviously doesn't mind or he would drop them.

Lets not get too personal daicos fan. I just dont believe football needs these types. Running around sniping blokes does not require courage. The tough men that we respect are the ones that put their body on the line as they attack the football. Culcairn has a few of these:- Fruen, Schulz & even old Boosley are fine examples. They also have a couple who walk a fine line.

I have one question to ask. If you were a parent of one of the under 17 Magpies would you want your kid to play with the likes of the No.18 and 6. This unsportsman like nature could leave a up and coming junior footballer rethinking about his sporting options

I have one question to ask. If you were a parent of one of the under 17 Magpies would you want your kid to play with the likes of the No.18 and 6. This unsportsman like nature could leave a up and coming junior footballer rethinking about his sporting options

NO!! I would definitely not let my kid play with those types. I'm sure most of the Maggies are embarrassed by those few ''heroes-- NOT''. AS I said, get rid of the trouble & educate the kids. Maggies umpire in the thirds wasnt much better but they do have some good kids. Also,would have to wonder about Culcairns depth, as their ressies looked old, slow & fatter than my wifes labrador.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NO!! I would definitely not let my kid play with those types. I'm sure most of the Maggies are embarrassed by those few ''heroes-- NOT''. AS I said, get rid of the trouble & educate the kids. Maggies umpire in the thirds wasnt much better but they do have some good kids. Also,would have to wonder about Culcairns depth, as their ressies looked old, slow & fatter than my wifes labrador.
Interesting that maggies thirds umpire was seen as being ordinary, rumour going round that Culcairn's thirds umpire was approached by East Lavington's (sorry magpies) vice president at three quarter time & was accused of being one sided & bias towards Culcairn.:thumbsdown:

Rumour has it number 18 has been suspended for a match by the club. They have warned him before and the warning was not heeded.

Culcairn will struggle if they get the injuries Walla has received. Their 2's were weak at the ball all day.

Rumour has it number 18 has been suspended for a match by the club. They have warned him before and the warning was not heeded.

Culcairn will struggle if they get the injuries Walla has received. Their 2's were weak at the ball all day.

Guys ,this thread is becoming really boring there has to be more teams in the Hume league besides Culcairn. Let's get a few threads out there to get a bit of conversation going.
What do you all think about interleague football. Are we in favour or against . I have come up with a bit of an idea on how to add a bit of interest in interleague football.
For example: The two winners from the previous years Grandfinals in the Hume league and the Tallangatta league play off on the weekend when the O&M have to travel away for interlague.They compete for roughly $10,000 in prize money .$2,000 to go to the club and each player in both sides to receive about $500 each. I feel you could really advertise it as a battle of the leagues , which could draw a big crowd to say the LPO, and with the payment to each player , you also may see the finest players in each league.
This is just an idea and I welcome your constructive feedback .

Guys ,this thread is becoming really boring there has to be more teams in the Hume league besides Culcairn. Let's get a few threads out there to get a bit of conversation going.
What do you all think about interleague football. Are we in favour or against . I have come up with a bit of an idea on how to add a bit of interest in interleague football.
For example: The two winners from the previous years Grandfinals in the Hume league and the Tallangatta league play off on the weekend when the O&M have to travel away for interlague.They compete for roughly $10,000 in prize money .$2,000 to go to the club and each player in both sides to receive about $500 each. I feel you could really advertise it as a battle of the leagues , which could draw a big crowd to say the LPO, and with the payment to each player , you also may see the finest players in each league.

No, Culcairn is the only team in it and your inter-league idea is poor.

Lift your game.

Whilst that may be interesting to watch Mitta play Osborne every year OtO, I reckon a Hume League v Tallangatta League showdown on that same weekend would be a cracker. It's what everyone wants, but I'm not sure of why it can't happen. Both Leagues blame each other and the VCFL/NSWACTAFL but enough duckshoving I reckon. Let's try and make it happen. Who is gonna put in the $10,000 prizemoney OtO ??

Whilst that may be interesting to watch Mitta play Osborne every year OtO, I reckon a Hume League v Tallangatta League showdown on that same weekend would be a cracker. It's what everyone wants, but I'm not sure of why it can't happen. Both Leagues blame each other and the VCFL/NSWACTAFL but enough duckshoving I reckon. Let's try and make it happen. Who is gonna put in the $10,000 prizemoney OtO ??

You would look at sponsership and gate takings for the prizemoney.I also do not believe that you need to pay players to pull on a league guernsey,Clean bowled, but we have tried inter-league before unsuccessfully :thumbsdown: ,and if you don't pay the players you tend to get second grade quality instead of the best from each league.:thumbsu:

Why do they need prizemoney to get them into a league jumper?
The idea is sound enough.
You need to try and install some sort of eliteness to the jumper.The fact that in the past th eHume league dragged old woollen jumpers with mothballs out of a chest as the players were about to run out doesnt quite get you aiming to pull the brown and gold stripes on for the "honour" of representing your league.You need to give the players something so as the younger players at the local clubs see interleague jumpers at training and aspire to acheive one themselves.The idea of playing last years premiers is never going to work as clubs are about the current year.

You need to try and install some sort of eliteness to the jumper.The fact that in the past th eHume league dragged old woollen jumpers with mothballs out of a chest as the players were about to run out doesnt quite get you aiming to pull the brown and gold stripes on for the "honour" of representing your league.You need to give the players something so as the younger players at the local clubs see interleague jumpers at training and aspire to acheive one themselves.The idea of playing last years premiers is never going to work as clubs are about the current year.

I agree STP , because I have played in the woollen Hawks jumpers and the tight plain brown shorts, However if we are only playing for a nice tracksuit or a lightweight guernsey then we will not playing for the right reasons . We need to encourage the players , that they will be playing with the best players in the league and that the standard of Football will be invaluable .

I agree STP , because I have played in the woollen Hawks jumpers and the tight plain brown shorts, However if we are only playing for a nice tracksuit or a lightweight guernsey then we will not playing for the right reasons . We need to encourage the players , that they will be playing with the best players in the league and that the standard of Football will be invaluable .
Its not that you are playing for a tracksuit and nice guernsey;it's about attracting some sort of prestige as we both agree on OTO.Those two items are at least something that can be worn at training with a little bit of pride.I remember the yellow polo from Hume league days you would be embarassed to wear yabbying.Just another point on the MM,"surely Robbo deserves better".Doesnt the coaching staff along with the committee become responsible for the clubs culture?He deserves the blame,not pity for that joke of a club.He has been at the helm for a long time not inherited that list.It's pretty simple,look at the succesful clubs;Osborne;Mitta etc-they dont recruit ********s.As a coach surely he finds out a little about the charachter of blokes coming to his footy club.You would rather recruit a good person than a handy footballer who seta a bad influence internally and is viewed that way externally every time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back