Society & Culture i hate smokers

Remove this Banner Ad

if the government didn't tax the hell out of smokers they would find something else to tax, stuff the rest of us buy. like groceries. smoking is an easy target because it's ****ing disgusting and people should be put off doing it as much as possible, I have no problem with targeting smokers by pricing them out of it.
By and large, you're not going to price them out of it though. Most smokers will put cigarettes ahead of pretty much any other optional consumer good - and amongst the lower socioeconomic strata (who make up the majority) plenty will put it ahead of ostensibly non-optional ones, like food and new clothes and the like. The cigarette counter is often the first stop on payday/dole day.

Smoking is already a tax on the poor, this just makes it worse. If you're serious about reducing smoking, there's better options available.

if the government didn't tax the hell out of smokers they would find something else to tax, stuff the rest of us buy. like groceries. smoking is an easy target because it's ****ing disgusting and people should be put off doing it as much as possible, I have no problem with targeting smokers by pricing them out of it.

Theres a lot of other disgusting habits that should be targetted before smokers.

Id rather they taxed sized 18+ womens clothes.

What a crock of shit this latest Anti smoking thing is. Are the government that stupid that they think by increasing the price of Cigarettes is gonna stop people smoking?:rolleyes::confused::eek:

The government really does like to treat people like idiots don't they? They are claiming that they are trying to "encourage" people to quit smoking buy increasing the price and yet most smokers will continue to smoke regardless of the price.

The government have just proven that yet again they are trying to make more money and don't really give a shit about smokers.

If the government were dead serious about the effects of smoking and what it is doing to people they would ban Cigarettes and tobacco completely.. But of course it is a multi billion $$$$$ industry and they want to make that extra few billion $$$$ so that will NEVER happen.

Thank god I don't smoke any more I quit smoking when I was 20 and a packet of 20's was around $5.00 That was too dear for me then.

Smokers just think of this everytime you light a cigarette you are literally burning money away.

Which cost less then a single pack of cigarettes and doesn't come with the known health risks associated with smoking.
You seriously have to have shit for brains taking it up knowing how bad they are for you.

Just because there aren't health risks associated with it, doesn't make it any less a waste of money.....and even then, I would argue there are significant mental health risks associated with using Bigfooty.

Why do smokers litter so much?

If people are going to label me with having a filthy habit, i hate to let them down.

Think negative things about me and i will flick my negativity right out the window back at cha.

I hope im not alone on this gripe of mine.
But i despise smokers at the footy. I hate it when its half time and you want to go out for a breath of fresh air, but instead youve got to find your way through the smoke filled cloud that develops from everyone having a ciggy.

I reckon they should move the smokers areas away from the entrances of the grounds

I hope im not alone on this gripe of mine.
But i despise smokers at the footy. I hate it when its half time and you want to go out for a breath of fresh air, but instead youve got to find your way through the smoke filled cloud that develops from everyone having a ciggy.

I reckon they should move the smokers areas away from the entrances of the grounds

Oh **** right off.

Maybe if they built us dedicated smoking rooms then we wouldnt have to all cower in the only sheltered area we are allowed to smoke in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh **** right off.

Maybe if they built us dedicated smoking rooms then we wouldnt have to all cower in the only sheltered area we are allowed to smoke in.

Why should the stadium and others have to pay for your habit?
Maybe smokers should have to pay for these special rooms...
Why should someone like me be subjected to breathing in smoke from your cigarettes?
There should be an exclusion zone away from the stadium so non smokers can atleast walk around the stadium without choking on smoke.

The other thing that pisses me off, is the w***ers who flick their ciggies out the window of their cars.
Not only is it littering, its a fire hazard and being a motorcyclist, it isnt pleasant copping cigarette ash all over yourself and your bike.

We go to your designated smoking areas already. Would you rather smoking just be made illegal?

Use the MCG for example.
Smokers should only be allowed to smoke outside of the concourse, id be happy with that. Atleast then if i want to go somewhere i dont cop the smoke.

Banning smoking would be nice, but you guys bring too much tax in for that to happen.

Because while smoking was never seen as cool in my youth, all the cool kids werent pussies and had to have a go to see what all the fuss was about.

We ended up with a nicotine addiction.

Now the government charge us a large percentage of our wage to smoke and do not offer subsidies on the full range of cigarrette substitutes.

If you want me to stop smoking, pay for me to quit or stfu about it.

I dont enjoy smoking as much as i NEED nicotine.

And gum and patches are ******ed and dont work for me.

E-cigs have reduced my smoking by half. I go back to smokes when i am awaiting a 2 week delivery of refills from the usa because i cant get it prescribed.

I dont enjoy smoking as much as i NEED nicotine.
LOL. So not only do you admit you are weak willed, you want taxpayers to subsidise your lack of willpower, on the threat you'll keep being a stinking, littering inconsiderate prick otherwise.

Yep, can't see at all why non-smokers would ever have any issues with smokers. :rolleyes:

I dont see why taxpayers like myself should have to pay to help you give up a habit.
We already pay enough to cover the health issues that arise from your smoking.
No one forced you to start smoking, clearly some people dont have the willpower to resist peer pressure

LOL. So not only do you admit you are weak willed, you want taxpayers to subsidise your lack of willpower, on the threat you'll keep being a stinking, littering inconsiderate prick otherwise.

Yep, can't see at all why non-smokers would ever have any issues with smokers. :rolleyes:

Yes but im not weak willed as i enjoy my nicotine hits and dont want to give them up. Its the smoke i dont enjoy anymore, not the nicotine.

Yes, pay for my nicotine addiction that was allowed to be sold over the counter to me if you dont like it. Im sure the thousands of dollars in extra taxes i pay each year will substitute the few hundred dollars id need to rid your air of my putrid stench.

Are you in favour of patches and gum and champix being removed from doctors prescription books?

I dont see why taxpayers like myself should have to pay to help you give up a habit.
We already pay enough to cover the health issues that arise from your smoking.
No one forced you to start smoking, clearly some people dont have the willpower to resist peer pressure

Its not a habit like picking your nose at the traffic lights, its an addiction.

So what other non original rubbish can you spout?

Do you realise the tax amount that tobacco generates?

Ive certainly paid more in tax than ive cost the healthcare system with lung related illness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture i hate smokers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back