I Hate That Guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarrad Waite. Couldn't stand him at Carlton. Thought he was full of himself and had that arrogant way he walked. Plus he always left his best for when he played us.

Then he came to North and quickly became my favourite player. I miss Waite and watching him play. Just wish he had crossed over earlier in his career so we could have seen more of him in North colours.
Waite I loved with us… really went the full extent of emotions with him as intensely disliked him at Carltank

Mark Porter, hopeless big plug

Hopefully, you’re not looking forward to him having his head taking off just after said torching of time trial - and then going awol… with another concussion later on…
He tries hard but he's shit. Was shit before the concussions, a league footballer with abysmal skills. We were trying to find him a spot on the half forward line because he's a liability up field with ball in hand. Not sure there's many worse with ball in hand than Jy in the league. Very rare for a bloke that bad by foot to have not developed an elite handball game but unfortunately he's equally shit in that area.

He tries hard but he's shit. Was shit before the concussions, a league footballer with abysmal skills. We were trying to find him a spot on the half forward line because he's a liability up field with ball in hand. Not sure there's many worse with ball in hand than Jy in the league. Very rare for a bloke that bad by foot to have not developed an elite handball game but unfortunately he's equally shit in that area.
I can’t say I agree with you on Jy, Junkyard. However, our results over the last five years makes it difficult to make a case for the vast majority of our players. Let’s see what happens next season…

Jarrad Waite. Couldn't stand him at Carlton. Thought he was full of himself and had that arrogant way he walked. Plus he always left his best for when he played us.

Then he came to North and quickly became my favourite player. I miss Waite and watching him play. Just wish he had crossed over earlier in his career so we could have seen more of him in North colours.
Sav Rocca was a bit the same.

I disliked Daniel Howe from the first time I saw him play for the Dawks. Looked like a frog with hair, wasn't much good, and I could tell somehow that he spoke nasally.

Decent bloke by all accounts, but was one of very few recruits from another club whose North tenure went EXACTLY as I expected

Hopefully, you’re not looking forward to him having his head taking off just after said torching of time trial - and then going awol… with another concussion later on…
Nice one. But he has been winning those since 2020, and his ability has been questioned long before his head was taken off. But you already knew that.

Was funny listening to complaints about Howe from Hawks friends.

Was less funny when I made the same complaints.

He shit me.

Nice one. But he has been winning those since 2020, and his ability has been questioned long before his head was taken off. But you already knew that.
So Jy has been winning time trials and going missing since 2020.

Okkkaaaaayyyyyyy.....

(Backs out of the room slowly.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MARK (the Fridge) ROBERTS

Hate is a strong word, I didn't hate him, but I hated that we traded for him in 1991 and didn't think that much of him in 1992, but when Pagan became our coach, he just blossomed into the ultimate utility that could play anywhere in defense, up forward or in ruck, and he was so mobile nobody could go with him. The "Esky" became a bit of favourite during mid 90's.

Last edited:
MARK (the Fridge) ROBERTS

Hate is a strong word, I didn't hate him, but I hated that we traded for him in 1991 and didn't think he was much of him in 1992, but when Pagan became our coach, he just blossomed into the ultimate utility that could play anywhere in defense, up forward or in ruck, and he was so mobile nobody could go with him. The "Esky" became a bit of favourite during mid 90's.
100% agreed. I couldn't believe North brought him in and he certainly was not a favourite of mine until, as you say, he seemed to transform under Pagan. Honestly, he became one of the best during North's power era. He could realistically play any position.

I recall one of these home games we played at Princes park where he hardly had any possessions, but he was literally dragging opponents out of our forward line to open it up for Carey. Then, late in the game when the opposition decided to leave him to double team Carey, the Fridge took over and was roosting them at will.

He became a real favourite.

100% agreed. I couldn't believe North brought him in and he certainly was not a favourite of mine until, as you say, he seemed to transform under Pagan. Honestly, he became one of the best during North's power era. He could realistically play any position.

I recall one of these home games we played at Princes park where he hardly had any possessions, but he was literally dragging opponents out of our forward line to open it up for Carey. Then, late in the game when the opposition decided to leave him to double team Carey, the Fridge took over and was roosting them at will.

He became a real favourite.
THE GAME against the Bombers in 1993, barely touched the ball for three quarters, then exploded in the fourth, his dashes out of defense were some of the most exciting plays in one of the greatest game I've ever watched. Played a pretty good game in the 1996 GF as well, finishing with two goals.

Another player I didn't like was Martin Pike, I didn't think much of him when he was at Fitzroy, although it's a little hard to judge a player when they play in such a bad team, but he became a very reliable defender in the late 90's and I was actually a little disappointed when we let him go.

So Caleb Daniel i̶s̶/was my least favourite player in the AFL. I've never had a player I wanted to see more get absolutely pile drived by Xerri so I could see a slow-mo replay of his helmet flying through the air as blood sprayed across the screen. But I'm an adult... My opinion can change and I can grow and learn to love.

I guess my point is... Has there been anyone else in North's delicious history that you have hated from another team that you have had to learn to love once they have been traded to join the Shinboners?

View attachment 2147179
Why did you hate Daniel so much?

I love this club dearly, but if we ever traded in Cody Weightman (especially) or Bailey Smith I suspect I’d have to sit out of football for a while.

If we were going to get a non-Bont bulldog, may as well be Daniel. Can’t understand why he rubs some people on this thread the wrong way, but there you go.

Remove this Banner Ad

I Hate That Guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back