I Hate That Guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Willie Dick's parents were incredibly humorous people weren't they...

Surprised how many of those names are people I knew.
I worked with a bloke who's surname was Dick. He copped a fair bit of rot from people to be honest. At some stage he moved on and unbeknown to me, he changed his name so the people where now worked knew him by a different name. I was attending a meeting when I thought I saw a familiar face walk past, but some distance away. Naturally, I asked the people I was speaking with if that was ### Dick? They gave me a really strange look...

I did catch up with him and he told me he'd changed his name. Up until 2019 I'd see him on the train occasionally as he must live somewhere down my way these days.

I used to really dislike Caleb Daniel when he was at the Pups.

I couldn't stand seeing a little guy run around us and not get tackled.

Must have been how Opposition fans felt about Boomer.

I worked with a bloke who's surname was Dick. He copped a fair bit of rot from people to be honest. At some stage he moved on and unbeknown to me, he changed his name so the people where now worked knew him by a different name. I was attending a meeting when I thought I saw a familiar face walk past, but some distance away. Naturally, I asked the people I was speaking with if that was ### Dick? They gave me a really strange look...

I did catch up with him and he told me he'd changed his name. Up until 2019 I'd see him on the train occasionally as he must live somewhere down my way these days.

I know him

Changed the surname to Richard

W80 the first one that came to mind. What a player and what a man though. Would love to see him back at the club, even if its just in the rooms or an interview at half time or something. Ended his career very much loved here.

Robbie Nahas the other, if only for that one game against Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Roos. Arrogant flog in the media, arrogant flog of a coach and an even more arrogant flog during his time with north. The bloke drinks his own piss and believes he shits diamonds.

Polec not far behind. Soft cat that walked out of Brisbane as fast as he walked in the joint. When we traded for him I knew he wouldn’t live up to the price we paid for him. Nothing but a mercenary.

Blokes that have chosen to come to us have the chance to earn my respect.

I can't remember taking a guy like Jordan Lewis who routinely belted our blokes for no reason.

I didn't like Polec because he seemed for all likilhood to just be coming for the money. however part of that sits squarely on Cam Joyce's need to have a win in the big fish column and I can't blame Polec for that. His foot was f**ed we knew it and took him anyway and then proceeded to not use him to the best of his own abilities.

clusterf*** all round.

Anyway I don't hate Jared. I am way way more include to hate players who shit on us on their way out. They is the boy who couldn't spell hyphen, and the bloke who wears clear lens glasses that spring to mind as the biggest flogs to leave.

Of people who came to the club that I didn't like before hand, it is not a player, it was Paul Roos. He did four fifth's of f*** all, and then left to live on an island in the sun, then did phone interviews to shit on us. FTG.

Paul Roos. Arrogant flog in the media, arrogant flog of a coach and an even more arrogant flog during his time with north. The bloke drinks his own piss and believes he shits diamonds.

Polec not far behind. Soft cat that walked out of Brisbane as fast as he walked in the joint. When we traded for him I knew he wouldn’t live up to the price we paid for him. Nothing but a mercenary.
That piece of 💩 got one final pay packet from this club with his BS Bloods Culture plus I hear his Yank misses is full of herself too.

No, I hate Luke McDonald more than any player in the competition.
Simple solution to this. Don't bother barracking for North.

You're a crab.......so what he may not be the most talented on the list, or he may yet be the next to fall by the wayside and out of the team........but to hate the bloke soooo much based on small foibles? Massively irrational. Weird, even.

Brent Crosswell was "despised" by North fans while he was at Carlton. Early in the Barassi era North was playing Carlton at Arden St.

Sam Kekovich broke Crosswell's nose with a round arm whilst tackling him. Happened on the boundary in front of the stand. Crowd wet nuts. In the same game a Phil Baker forearm broke Robert Wall's jaw. It would be an 8 week offence nowadays.

Crosswell comes to North and the rest is history. Arguably the most beloved player by fans during the mid 70s. Chills all over the body stuff when Crosswell was moved onto Peter Moore in the 77 GF.

Brent Crosswell was "despised" by North fans while he was at Carlton. Early in the Barassi era North was playing Carlton at Arden St.

Sam Kekovich broke Crosswell's nose with a round arm whilst tackling him. Happened on the boundary in front of the stand. Crowd wet nuts. In the same game a Phil Baker forearm broke Robert Wall's jaw. It would be an 8 week offence nowadays.

Crosswell comes to North and the rest is history. Arguably the most beloved player by fans during the mid 70s. Chills all over the body stuff when Crosswell was moved onto Peter Moore in the 77 GF.
I could have written this myself! Good work. I would add Crosswell's great bump on Hendrie and running goal in the first quarter of 1975 GF. Really set the tone after Johnnie Burns kicked the first two.

THE GAME against the Bombers in 1993, barely touched the ball for three quarters, then exploded in the fourth, his dashes out of defense were some of the most exciting plays in one of the greatest game I've ever watched. Played a pretty good game in the 1996 GF as well, finishing with two goals.

Another player I didn't like was Martin Pike, I didn't think much of him when he was at Fitzroy, although it's a little hard to judge a player when they play in such a bad team, but he became a very reliable defender in the late 90's and I was actually a little disappointed when we let him go.

I loved Pikey wherever he played. Was a terrific contributor at Fitzroy, winning the Clubs last B&F and I was rapt when he joined North after Fitzroy was killed.

Would have loved him to stay at North but ended up playing some very good football at Brisbane and became a four time premiership player. Not too bad for someone who was much maligned for his occasional off field misdemeanours.

Remove this Banner Ad

I Hate That Guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back