I need all clubs help-re brownlow

Remove this Banner Ad

fef

Rookie
Jun 25, 2000
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I am not averse to having a punt, and every year Darwin etc. have head to head battles in the brownlow e.g Carey is going head to head with West i.e whoever gets the most brownlow votes west is $1.65 and the king $2.05 a good bet west. Now what I need to know is who will be your clubs highest vote getter, please use your brains not your heart we can all get a quid out of it.

It's a tough question, Carey at North, Bell may be a problem for him.

I was gunna put some money on Carey after rnd 18 and then remembered the white maggots hate him.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Do they hate Carey or is the nature of the Brownlow.

No doubt a good player as he is consistent, but is he always in the top 3 on the ground.

O'Loughlin has received 1 brownlow vote over his career but this is fair enough as he is consistently good, rather than often outstanding.

Do you understand my point?

is this reality with Carey

Sorry I shouldn't have asked you to think.

Many champion players are so because they are consistently good. These guys win club B&Fs because the voting system is worked on a different basis and more votes are given out. Therefore guys are rewarded for consistency, hence Carey wins

In the Brownlow it is done off supposedly the best three players on the ground. So what i am saying is what is the case with these guys is that they rarely play bad games, so Carey is always amongst the top 6 players.

But in any given game they are often not in the best 3. This is why many champions end up without Brownlows.

Simple enough for you

re: Tigers' highest Brownlow vote winner.

Andrew Kellaway should win,
but Joel Bowden will.

Koutoufides will win overall, I think.

I am NOT an Adelaide supporter but I will tell you who will be a clear winner there.

Simon Goodwin

Also Scott West will e a clear cut winner for WB and could even top off the lot.

Steven King if the umpires have any brains, but more likely it will be Garry Hocking (Again) he won the local paper pole by almost 20 votes this year.

Steven King is a real smokey for the Brownlow in my opinion. At last check he was quoted about 150/1, pretty good odds for someone who probably should get 5 best on grounds - especially early in the season, and was in the best 5 players on the ground in another 10 games.

An each way bet on him may see a tidy little profit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Don:
so Carey is always amongst the top 6 players.
But in any given game they are often not in the best 3. This is why many champions end up without Brownlows.

don, this bloke is in the best three nearly every week... when fit.

Remember when Harvey won the Brownlow in 1998 he apologized to Wayne, he new the hole thing was rigged and the umpires hated Carey.

Is that simple enough for you... get it...

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I doubt whether Knights will feature highly but I don't have much of a track record with the Brownlow.

I have wasted money on Carey for the past 3 years.

I can't recall him doing that but won't deny it I remember his reaction in the 97 medal count.

Carey is not the 1st champion of his era not to win a Brownlow Barassi, Whitten, Bartlett etc etc never won them

Point 1 it is Best and FAIREST, this has never stopped Hocking being a vote getter.

What I am saying is that people remember many of these guys having top seasons, but often in reality that were not the most outstanding player on the ground.

IMO opinion it is one of the myths about the Brownlow. It does not surprise me that Carey is never in consideration to win it EXCEPT when people are assessing the year.

He does not win voting systems that are run by radio stations papers etc either for the same reason

Harvey WAS the outstanding winner of those as was Crawford.

Without a doubt, Bucks picked up the most votes for the Pies. (Gee, what a surprise!!) God only knows if he can actually win it.

Don, I have to agree with Rooboy here I think. Your comments on Carey are wrong.

When he plays well he doesnt just get into the top 6 players he is the best on the ground by a mile, and in the past at the brownlow when these games are called he sometimes wont even get a vote.

I understand that the umpires dont like him, and given the sprays he gives them I dont blame them but there shouldnt be bias against him because he has to perform his role as captain.

I give it to you that he wasnt the best at North this season, that should go to Bell but he'd be second.

Don, I have to agree with Rooboy here I think. Your comments on Carey are wrong.

When he plays well he doesnt just get into the top 6 players he is the best on the ground by a mile, and in the past at the brownlow when these games are called he sometimes wont even get a vote.

I understand that the umpires dont like him, and given the sprays he gives them I dont blame them but there shouldnt be bias against him because he has to perform his role as captain.

I give it to you that he wasnt the best at North this season, that should go to Bell but he'd be second.

Don and Rooboy are both right.

Carey has not won a Brownlow For 2 Reasons:
1. Not consistently in the top 3
2. Umpires Hate Him

But Rooboy96, Wayne Carey is a long way from the best player to have not won a Brownlow Medal. Leigh Matthews won 9 Best and Fairests, but never won a Brownlow.

On a past post from a long way ago i wrote down who i thought were the best 20 players ever. Of the top 15, only 4 had won a Brownlow Medal.

Look at This List of players that have not won a Brownlow Medal:
Ron Barassi
Ted Whitten
Leigh Matthews
Graham Farmer
John Nicholls
Kevin Bartlett
Jack Dyer
Bruce Doull
Francis Bourke
John Coleman

That list has some very impressive players on it.

------------------
for all your footballing needs visit my AFL web-site at www.bigfooty.com/users/afl/eastsydney

Knights is always a chance but i don't think this is his year. I would say Andy Kellaway. Joel Bowden and Wayne Campbell will poll highly. Don't be surprised if Ottens gets quite few votes either.

Don, explain this...

Wayne Carey
Round 5 vs Sydney
24 Kicks
11 Marks
6 Handballs
3 Goals
NO VOTES??????

The SUN had Carey Best on ground RNDS 4...5...6... and 2nd best in RND 7...
so how many Brownlow votes did Carey get for the Four Rounds.... 2 votes in one game... IT'S A FRICKEN JOKE and the umpires have proven on too many times they should not be in charge of determining the Brownlow Medalist...

eek.gif
mad.gif
eek.gif
mad.gif
eek.gif
mad.gif
eek.gif

Stuffs your best 6 arguement slightly

[This message has been edited by Rooboy 96 (edited 31 August 2000).]

you are right, but defenders usually don't get votes, didn't he play at C/h back.

From memory Grant reeceived the votes, he was good, but
Doh!!.

But they also give away bad free kicks

Remove this Banner Ad

I need all clubs help-re brownlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back