I want to go home for family reasons....

Remove this Banner Ad

WaDsY

Team Captain
Sep 10, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
....But I will pick the club and then you have to deal with them.

Rubbish. If you want to go home to Vic, then you let us do the deal. You will get paid well at any of them.

If he holds us to ransom then he is nothing more then a mercenary. Time will tell, he needs to be very careful.

I would like him to say "Here are 3 clubs that I would be happy with, now Eagles you can get the best deal for yourselves, its the least I can do for you."

Couldn't agree more.

I am happy for the great man to return home, I am a Victorian as well and its the most liveable state in the country. As disappointed as I am, I know whats its like to feel homesick.

I don't see Juddy as disloyal in the slightest he has served the club amazingly in 6 years and I was pretty chuffed about the "east coast eagles" coment, however if he holds the team to ransom - that its Team A or nothing I would be disappointed.

Bottom line is respect is a two-way street, I think all Eagles players, coaches and admin etc still have the upmost respect for the great man, but if he starts putting demands rather than saying to the Eagles through his manager "my preferred options are A, B & C, please strike a deal with one of those three clubs", I would say his reputation at the club and the respect would be tarnished a little, and would make comments such as the "east coast eagles" seemingly just insincere words.

I could understand if he wanted to go to Melbourne given he followed them as a kid, if he goes for a fat cat club like Collingwood and insists only them then I will lose all respect that I had for him.

Can you imagine if he went to pies, Eddie would do handstands!!
He could give Miss Twiggy a contract at C9, and get Juddy on TFS on Thursdays. There are so many ways clubs can get around the salary cap today. Eddie has so many tricks up his sleeve.
There has to be more to Judd coming home that what he lets on..
And there is no guarantee a club will win a premiership even if he does play with them. He played for WCE for 6 years, and they only won ONE by ONE point.
And the team he goes to won't have Cousins, & Kerr feeding it out to him either.
They have been the best for many years..

JUDD will be back.

EAGLES might turn into a monster.
The improvement in the 2nd tier players was amazing this year.

They will continue to push ahead under the great man WORSFOLD

Anyone hear about the new Chris Judd doll?

If you pull the string at the back, it says "mama mama"

;)

he'll be back when he realises he is no good without rowan jones
That isn't actually a silly comment. The people around him did a lot of work to get him the ball and to get him into space.

He had the best ruckman in the league tapping it to him. He had the likes of Selwood, Stenglein and Rojo blocking and tackling and shepperding for him. A lot of our clearance work revolved around getting the ball to him and stopping people from tackling him while he had it.

I'm not saying he is not a super star in his own right, but his team mates helped him out in many ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just realised i have to take my Judd sticker off my car :( the one that says "magic happens" :(:(
My kids ripped ours off in a fit of passionate outrage caused by grief on Sunday! They also tore up his 2004 Brownlow Medal stamps, you know, the only Brownlow medalist that ever had a stamp issue!:eek::eek:

I had to stop them ripping up their footy cards and said perhaps they should wait until they calmed down before destroying any other Judd memorabilia, which is probably worth more now he has left us!

I'm wondering how much more like the Nick Stevens saga this is going to get. Especially if Judd insists late in the piece that West Coast deal with Collingwood and then Malthouse offers you sweet FA.

I'm wondering how much more like the Nick Stevens saga this is going to get. Especially if Judd insists late in the piece that West Coast deal with Collingwood and then Malthouse offers you sweet FA.

If that happens I will be more than happy to watch him wallow down at tigerland for the next six years!

If that happens I will be more than happy to watch him wallow down at tigerland for the next six years!
That's right, the Eagles can tell him if he wants to see his future look at Nick Stevens.

Lots of people had a go at Port Adelaide in the Stevens deal, but think about it:

- Port won the flag the next year, and are in contention again.
- Collingwood have struggled until now, who knows what could have happened if they had Stevens?
- Stevens is spending the rest of his career playing with a losing side.

So, while Port didn't get any compensation for him, they came out the best of all parties involved. Clubs also know that they're wasting their time if they try and screw them in a trade.

If Judd and Collingwood try and screw us then him going to Richmond in the draft ain't so bad for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to go home for family reasons....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back