I would like to see us drop Boyle

Remove this Banner Ad

GoBuddy

All Australian
Mar 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Seriously Boyle has to be dropped! I've backed up Boyle and held my patience with him for 13 Rounds. I've supported him and backed him up when other supports have bagged him. Enought is Enought Clako needs to swing the axe and show some leadership because seriously I would have played better than Boyle on Saturday!

Stop saying his a decoy cos seriously he is not! If Franklin and Rhoughie are not firing then we are gonners. Boyle will never stand up we can not depend on him, he is weak and unfit?

Come guys back me up, lets swing the AXE!!!!:thumbsdown:

Re: Drop Boyle Campaign

OP should have made this a poll.
anyways you have my vote;

because by round 13, boyle shoud have found:

1. the pill
2. accuracy at goal
3. some defensive pressure
4. impact on the game

I'm happy to start a poll thread with the question:

Is GoBuddy:

1. a tool
2. a gutless wonder
3. both of the above

Just say the word

Seriously Boyle has to be dropped! I've backed up Boyle and held my patience with him for 13 Rounds. I've supported him and backed him up when other supports have bagged him. Enought is Enought Clako needs to swing the axe and show some leadership because seriously I would have played better than Boyle on Saturday!

Stop saying his a decoy cos seriously he is not! If Franklin and Rhoughie are not firing then we are gonners. Boyle will never stand up we can not depend on him, he is weak and unfit?

Come guys back me up, lets swing the AXE!!!!:thumbsdown:

You've got my vote, so far this season he has been only a passenger. Would rather see the likes of Thorp or Dowler given senior game time and be a "Decoy", than to persist with boyle.

Mate lets drop you as a hawk supporter. I am all for threads that campaign to bring a player in, but there is no need for a thread to soley criticise one player in the manner you have done it.

Give me a reason why us supportors can not criticise Boyle? Why has you shown you something I havent seen? Do you enjoy seeing him on the field wasting space, where another player can have a greater impact than him. This is how I feel! He needs to be criticised, I as a member have every right. I agree with previous posters who have stated that we will never win a preimership with him in ourside. I would rather see Zac Dawson on the field atleast he throws his body on the line. Ok Roughie, why dont you do a poll and see who agrees with you?

i wany him out of there.. put thorp in
was happy wen he was trade bait last year, dont really rate him 39 goals in 31 games is nothing special.. trade at years end
we dont need him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've got my vote, so far this season he has been only a passenger. Would rather see the likes of Thorp or Dowler given senior game time and be a "Decoy", than to persist with boyle.

How are Thorp and Dowler going to be decoys, seriously they would both get a lot less attention from the opposition than Boyle. One of the worst suggestions I have read on bigfooty.

If you go to some Boxhill games and check out how players like Thorp and Dowler are travelling then I value your opinion. But way to many people just say bring in Dowler and Thorp because they are the only senior players not getting a game that people know. The reason they don’t get selected is due to injury and poor form.

Hey 'GoBuddy',

You actually have no idea about our gameplan do you?
The reason why Franklin and Roughead have kicked 100 goals between them this season is because by playing Boyle he forces you to play a tall on him meaning that an extra tall can't leave his man to help out Franklin's opponent and go third man up in the contest to spoil.
Boyle opens up the space for Franklin by pushing up the ground then running back with the flight to provide an extra option. We're looking for Franklin, perhaps too much at times which makes it seem that Boyle isn't contributing. It's a team game mate. One area where I would however like to see him contribute is his pressure in our forward line. You dont often see him make crunching tackles or winning freekicks. It is possible that a guy like thorpe or dowler could play in his position but for the moment he's going ok thanks.

Watch the game next time mate, don't just look at the stats.
If you've never played the game, dont comment

Lol you make laught! I have played the game and watched every single Hawthorn game. We have won most of our games with out him being der. You want to look at gameplan since Boyle has been in our side after his injury Franklin has kicked 9, 1, and 1 goals our foward line is over crowded. Actually we are playing better wen he was not there. Our team has to increase its performance play above themselves, we all know what Boyle could do, but for now he has done nothing "JACK" and he should be given a rest. I'll guarantee if he gets dropped he will not get another game this year and if he does that would be only through another player getting injured.

What happens if the opposition don't put a tall on Boyle? What happens if they just let him go? If I was opposition coach, that's what I would be doing.

If his job was to decoy away from Buddy & Co then he did a pretty ordinary job of it against the Kangas. The whole forward line was clogged up and he didn't do anything either...

The question does have to be asked sooner or later. I know he's a decoy, but he has to be able to get the ball when the opposition don't go with him. :eek:

What happens if the opposition don't put a tall on Boyle? What happens if they just let him go? If I was opposition coach, that's what I would be doing.

If his job was to decoy away from Buddy & Co then he did a pretty ordinary job of it against the Kangas. The whole forward line was clogged up and he didn't do anything either...

The question does have to be asked sooner or later. I know he's a decoy, but he has to be able to get the ball when the opposition don't go with him. :eek:

I totally agree with you, good post mate! On saturday our forward line was so flooded you couldn't breathe if Boyle was a decoy were was he? OOOHHHH I forgot he was playing in the backline!!! Wat a waste, I would have rather saw another midfielder on the field instead!:thumbsu:

I seriuosly think that some peopel here don't actually watch any games, clearly if you were at the Roos game on saturday, you would know that teh problem was not a clogged forward line. Just listen to our coach who probaly knows a little bit more than you (just a bit) our problem was lack of runners, ie Bateman, Clarke etc.

I seriuosly think that some peopel here don't actually watch any games, clearly if you were at the Roos game on saturday, you would know that teh problem was not a clogged forward line. Just listen to our coach who probaly knows a little bit more than you (just a bit) our problem was lack of runners, ie Bateman, Clarke etc.

I think it was due to lack of runners as well. I think we also had a clogged forward line. Just to say one thing doesn't mean that it's mutually exclusive of the other.

Easy solution solved drop Boyle bring in runners.
STOKES, :thumbsu:

I dont agree with these drop players threads, but i do agree that he needs to be getting some confidance at boxhill atm.
On saturday we needed some one to stand up and unfortunetly he didnt and clarko even through him up back and he tryed but he isnt up to it.
I have been boyles biggest fan to date but i have lost patients...

It just annoys me that Hawthorn shopped him around last trade week and wanted a first round pick for him. That was just arrogance. He's not even in your best 22.

just because he's not in our best 22 doesn't mean he's not worth a first round pick ;)

That's a testament to the quality of our best 22! :D

Ok ok, enough of the arrogance...

I don't think half of you do watch the game you know.

Either that or you don't know what is going on.

FFS Boyle has played 6 of 13 games (for 31 total BTW) and probably spent as much time down back as forward this game so their goes your clogging Buddy's space theory.

If we can get this three tall, one leading small thing to work - we need to sort it out now. If it's not going to work, so be it.

However the irony of the posters saying we only need two talls is that they are often the one's consigning Player X to the third tall defender role. :rolleyes: Why do we only need two tall forwards but everyone else needs three?

Perhaps Boyle could use a run in the magoos, but after reading all this bullshit all I can say is stuff yas. Hope he plays and kicks six this week to rub your noses in it. :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like to see us drop Boyle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back