I would like to see us drop Boyle

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Drop Boyle Campaign

At the risk of starting an old v new debate.

The people that are prepared to openly slag off a Hawthorn player seem to have joined at or since the start of this season.

The people that can recognise that Boyle didn't have a great game on the weekend, those touches of the footy that he did have he didn't use it that well, but are prepared to say so in a constructive manner seem to have join dates of last year or earlier.

Coincidence?

I don't think half of you do watch the game you know.

Either that or you don't know what is going on.

FFS Boyle has played 6 of 13 games (for 31 total BTW) and probably spent as much time down back as forward this game so their goes your clogging Buddy's space theory.

If we can get this three tall, one leading small thing to work - we need to sort it out now. If it's not going to work, so be it.

However the irony of the posters saying we only need two talls is that they are often the one's consigning Player X to the third tall defender role. :rolleyes: Why do we only need two tall forwards but everyone else needs three?

Perhaps Boyle could use a run in the magoos, but after reading all this bullshit all I can say is stuff yas. Hope he plays and kicks six this week to rub your noses in it. :mad:

Mate, love the passion but no need to have a go at people - the picture of Gordon Ramsay is very apt. Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean they don't watch the game. I respect your opinion, I hope you respect mine and others' on this board.

I think the problem on the weekend was as follows:

1) Not enough run
2) Forward line was clogged up (largely because of point 1) because the kangas had time to get numbers behind the ball while we chipped it around instead of running hard and moving the ball fast).
3) Indecisiveness

I think we can fit in three talls. I would prefer to have Williams as the third 'tall' - despite his short size because he plays as a tall and he does it far better than Boyle does in my opinion. If Boyle is playing as a decoy he should be getting it sometimes. If he NEVER gets it, then the opposition is hardly going to place much emphasis on him as a man to mark are they?

I think Williams could do fulfill the same role as Boyle and at the same time, exert more pressure on the opposition when they have the ball and kick the odd goal. Then we could put in another small forward into the forward line - maybe Stokes, maybe Dew... I don't know. But that's what I'd be trying if I was coach.

The people that are prepared to openly slag off a Hawthorn player seem to have joined at or since the start of this season.

The people that can recognise that Boyle didn't have a great game on the weekend, those touches of the footy that he did have he didn't use it that well, but are prepared to say so in a constructive manner seem to have join dates of last year or earlier.

Coincidence?

The poll on the main Hawthorn board would suggest that most supporters believe that he should be in the magoos for either a short spell or permanently until he can show that he's in our best 22.

I'm not the most outspoken visitor of this board (if I was in Melbourne I would go to pre-game drinks etc but I'm based in Singapore) but I have been around a while, if only as a viewer and not a member of the board. I have been a member of the club since I was about 8 - thanks to my old man.

I have no issue with Boyle (or any other player) being debated. What I have an issue with is both the title of this thread and the vitriolic nonsense that went with it.

By all means have a constructive discussion but openly dishing our players is neither fair nor necessary. Boyle is a decent player out of form. He might need a spell but what he does not need is some fool supporter driving a pathetic agenda like this one.

The clown that "masterminded" this thread can go and play in the traffic.

I have no issue with Boyle (or any other player) being debated. What I have an issue with is both the title of this thread and the vitriolic nonsense that went with it.

By all means have a constructive discussion but openly dishing our players is neither fair nor necessary. Boyle is a decent player out of form. He might need a spell but what he does not need is some fool supporter driving a pathetic agenda like this one.

It was a little over the top... a little bit rash, a little bit silly, call it what you want.

I don't think it was intended to be as harsh as how it appears.

It just annoys me that Hawthorn shopped him around last trade week and wanted a first round pick for him. That was just arrogance. He's not even in your best 22.

That so didn't happen!

The Hawks never had intentions of trading him, instead we were willing to listen to interests from a number of clubs who asked questions about him.

As if we ever wanted a first round pick for him too! I'm not sure he's in our best 22, but it might be safe to say he is in Hawthorn's most talented 22. He just may not 'fit' into our make-up, or perhaps the chemistry hasn't bonded yet.

It was a little over the top... a little bit rash, a little bit silly, call it what you want.

I don't think it was intended to be as harsh as how it appears.

Fair enough but in my experience a true supporter is one that err's on the side of defending their players. A true supporter does not compose threads like this one.

If I didn't know better, I would have thought I was in Bay 13.......:confused:

OK, so Boyle is struggling, he wasn't Robinson Crusoe on the saturday game....plenty of the Hawks struggled...

I would assume that Clarkson and the coaches would have some expectations of him and every player in each game they play. If they don't meet these, chances are the player will be dropped.

I'm all for constructive criticism, but Hawks supporters just bagging their own in this manner is poor form:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I suggest we leave it to Clarko and the boys to work out who should be playing, 11 and 2 is fairly good from where I come from, so I assume the job they are doing is passable?:confused:

What he said^^ Boyle could probably use some time in the twos to build some confidence, I don't see who you are replacing him with at the moment. (Bearing in mind that Clarko has probably figured out that you could replace Boyle with someone smaller but has chose not to, probably for a fairly good reason)

Coincidence?

Not sure if there is any relationship between bigfooty membership date and club membership, or number of games attended or watched. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

That said the title of the thread could have been worded better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if there is any relationship between bigfooty membership date and club membership, or number of games attended or watched. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

That said the title of the thread could have been worded better.

Whats wrong with the title. Like what previous posters have said we are entitled to state what we think. I could tell ya, seating behind the hawthorn cheer squad no one was happy with Boyle and everyone though he should get dropped. Its simple if a player does not perform then he should get dropped. OMG Nick Dal Santo who averaged in the 20's got dropped cum Boyle averaging 0 shouldn't get dropped?

Some people on this forum are so inconsistant it's not funny...

I have seen plenty of 'Drop Willo' threads and 'Drop Clarke' threads, but when someone makes one about Boyle it's not ok? :rolleyes:

Back to the thread topic, I agree with the OP, Boyle is rubbish, should never have come straight back into the side, he should have had to find some form at Box Hill like most other players.

There are a select group of players who should be slotted straight back in the side after injury, Boyle isn't one of them

Some people on this forum are so inconsistant it's not funny...

I have seen plenty of 'Drop Willo' threads and 'Drop Clarke' threads, but when someone makes one about Boyle it's not ok? :rolleyes:

Back to the thread topic, I agree with the OP, Boyle is rubbish, should never have come straight back into the side, he should have had to find some form at Box Hill like most other players.

There are a select group of players who should be slotted straight back in the side after injury, Boyle isn't one of them

Some times you have to be harsh to send your message across. The title might seem harsh but we Hawthorn supporters are hurting just seeing him in the side makes me throw up and breaks my heart. Its very frustrating too!

Whats wrong with the title. Like what previous posters have said we are entitled to state what we think. I could tell ya, seating behind the hawthorn cheer squad no one was happy with Boyle and everyone though he should get dropped. Its simple if a player does not perform then he should get dropped. OMG Nick Dal Santo who averaged in the 20's got dropped cum Boyle averaging 0 shouldn't get dropped?

If you saw one of my previous comments I was in total agreement with the fact Boyle needed to be dropped back to BH due to lack of form. He has been out of form for quite a few weeks now.

If you saw one of my previous comments I was in total agreement with the fact Boyle needed to be dropped back to BH due to lack of form. He has been out of form for quite a few weeks now.

Wats wrong with the title of thread? Sometimes you have to harsh to send the message across!

Stop targeting the thread title and GoBuddy for this thread. This is an opinion on a player that hasn't played well since Round 10 2007.

On Boyle, he should be dropped. If he isn't it is fair to say we aren't choosing our best 22, and aren't choosing players 100% commited to our club.

He has played a few matches since returning and has given us nothing. He has been soft, lazy, and just plain awful. Box Hill for 4 weeks minimum, and then performances should be assesed.

I think our structure has worked sensationally well, when just having Roughead, Franklin, and Williams. I only want to know about having an extra tall if they can at least apply pressure off the ball as a minimum requirement as Boyle can't even hold simple marks atm. Boyle can't do anything right atm. Dowler is a major concern. Thorp needs some luck, and consistent game-time.

For this week:-

In: Crawford, Croad, Whitecross

Out: Boyle, Murphy, Young

Tim Clarke isn't the answer, our run needs to come from an in-form Clinton Young ( has to see the VFL for this), Bateman, and Crawford.

Give Whitecross a week in the seniors, unless Bateman is 100% but NO RISK with one of our most important players.

Part of being an objective member of the HFC gives everyone a right to have opinions on our players. As stated above by DannyJ Boyler hasn't been effective since before he had his hammy injury halfway through 2007... You guys can spout off about your intimate knowledge of Clarko's gameplan all you like. At the end of the day if a decoy is the backbone of our plan we are in a bit of trouble. I haven't seen too many premiership sides with decoys running around in the forwardline offering almost nothing in terms of scoreboard or defensive pressure.

Part of being an objective member of the HFC gives everyone a right to have opinions on our players. As stated above by DannyJ Boyler hasn't been effective since before he had his hammy injury halfway through 2007... You guys can spout off about your intimate knowledge of Clarko's gameplan all you like. At the end of the day if a decoy is the backbone of our plan we are in a bit of trouble. I haven't seen too many premiership sides with decoys running around in the forwardline offering almost nothing in terms of scoreboard or defensive pressure.

That's all well and good but the point that needs addressing is how people go about airing their criticisms.

Stop targeting the thread title and GoBuddy for this thread. This is an opinion on a player that hasn't played well since Round 10 2007.

On Boyle, he should be dropped. If he isn't it is fair to say we aren't choosing our best 22, and aren't choosing players 100% commited to our club.

He has played a few matches since returning and has given us nothing. He has been soft, lazy, and just plain awful. Box Hill for 4 weeks minimum, and then performances should be assesed.

I think our structure has worked sensationally well, when just having Roughead, Franklin, and Williams. I only want to know about having an extra tall if they can at least apply pressure off the ball as a minimum requirement as Boyle can't even hold simple marks atm. Boyle can't do anything right atm. Dowler is a major concern. Thorp needs some luck, and consistent game-time.

For this week:-

In: Crawford, Croad, Whitecross

Out: Boyle, Murphy, Young

Tim Clarke isn't the answer, our run needs to come from an in-form Clinton Young ( has to see the VFL for this), Bateman, and Crawford.

Give Whitecross a week in the seniors, unless Bateman is 100% but NO RISK with one of our most important players.

Thanks for backing me mate! I totally agree with wat you said! Look at the collingwood game our forward line killed it. NO DECOY seriously I don't know were you hawthorn supportors got decoy from cos wen we played collingwood, brisbane, port adelaide and so one we had no decoy. Im sick and tired of hearing that Boyle is a decoy. Cos seriously if he is a decoy he is a pathetic decoy.

I dont agree with these drop players threads, but i do agree that he needs to be getting some confidance at boxhill atm.

On saturday we needed some one to stand up and unfortunetly he didnt and clarko even through him up back and he tryed but he isnt up to it.
I have been boyles biggest fan to date but i have lost patients...​

Lucky you're not a hospital.

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like to see us drop Boyle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back