ICC 2005 Announced!

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo Big Fella said:
Play Crook instead of Keedy. North has turned into a ripper one day spinner for me as well. My current full strength lineup would be;

Chilton
Sutcliffe
Law
Hodge
Flintoff
North
Cross
Cork
Murali
Hogg
Anderson

12th - G Chapple

At the moment mine is

Law
Marshall
Hodge
Loye (Tried him out, is ********)
Flintoff
North
Hegg wk
Clarkson (Tried him out, averages about 28)
Keedy (Fantastic wicket taker averages about 13 this season)
Murali (Averages 6.25 in ODI :p)
Anderson

btw - Law just made another centuary 191 :)

I used Loye as opener and he went well, averaged > 40 compared to Chilton who averaged single figures and sutcliff in the 20s.

Marshall is pretty decent. Wait for the massive fall off when you lose hodge, flintoff, anderson and murali to international duty.

Unwritten_Law said:
I used Loye as opener and he went well, averaged > 40 compared to Chilton who averaged single figures and sutcliff in the 20s.

Marshall is pretty decent. Wait for the massive fall off when you lose hodge, flintoff, anderson and murali to international duty.
Yeah i fell big time, in my second season Murali was away so i couldnt re-sign him but i finished second in the two leagues and bundled out early in the cups. Coming pre season of my third year, Keedy retired aswell as someone else. And with lack of money i have no spinners bar an all rounder.

Unwritten_Law said:

Losing Hodge was a big blow, but Flintoffs international form was poor so I managed to hang onto him quite a bit.

Anyway, I just had my best ever victory. Defended 196 on a perfect last day pitch to win by two runs. Murali took 7/21.

Took 10/71 with warney in a test match, with australia.

Mascheranas scored 103* batting at 8 in an OD match, and followed it up well with 5/17 from 10 overs to get MOM honours. Go Hampshire!

Unwritten_Law said:

And Hodge goes for so long. It is so annoying.

In 3rd county season and struggle to lose
my hampshire squad is quite large, and many guns struggle to get a game.
Players must perform or will get dropped
After 2nd season bought whoever i could find and tried to have a large squad to pick from
J.Adams- Hasn't played this year, played alright last year, too many other star openers

Hayden-Last year he scored over 2100 runs for me, so i needed to have hm again. currenty played 8 matches for 941@78.42

G.Bull-Opener from 2nd 11, first match made 200, struggled since, was dropped then came back for 210. Looks the goods

E.Smith-Bought him this year, only opened because hayden was at world cup, has scored 1539@102.60

Latouf- Good 2nd 11 player

Pietersen- Loses form easily due to england comitments, but is a usual for me

Chamber-Dud 2nd 11 player

Norton- Picked up this year from 2nd 11. Very solid bastman, but strugged to make big scores. curently has 6 50s, but cant get a game.

Carberry- played 2nd 11 all year

Sales- Great pick up bats 1st drop 888@59.20

Crawley- The skipper, been consistent @56.44

Kenway-Only played a few onedayers

Pothas- My keeper, does his job bats at 44

Powell, Ambrose, Taylor-Keepers who cant get a game

Mascarenhas-My only all rounder, bats at 34, taken 52 at 20.98, quite happy, but there are better out there

Tremlett- good opening bowler, plays for england, taken 21@28.86

Stoker-My youth version of S.K. Warne. lol. bats very well, highest score of 190. taken 61 wickets@23.85

Van der Wath- bowler, plays when Tremlett don't, 23@31.17

S.Ahmed-My Pakistan import- 38 wickets@20.50

Logan- ANother Pace option 12@34.08

My current line up is:
Hayden
Smth
Sales
Pietersen
Crawley
Bull
Pthas
Mascarenhas
Stoker
Tremlett
Ahmed

Hmmm weird.
Playing the triangular tourney with Windies and Saffies Down Under, had to win the last 2 games to qualify, won both my huge margins and finished top, was due to play South Africa in the final.

For some weird reason, the games were simmed and i didnt get to control Australia! South Africa beat "me" in all 3 finals, isnt there only supposed to be 2 if one team wins the first two?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

havent been many posts on here lately
last night played the 2nd Test vs South Africa in South Africa, won first test easy

they scored 507, i was 9/394 with Dave Hussey and Tait at the crease, somehow Tait hung on and i upped Husseys aggressiveness a bit so he could get his ton, then put it on full, he smashed the Saffies around, scoring around 16 an over before getting bowled for 152. The partnership was a record 81 as we scored 475

On Day 4 SA were 1/102, then i took a few wickets, then they got to 4/189 and looking set.... Warnie and McGrath took 3 late late wickets, and then 3 in the first half hour or Day 5 to bowl them out for 207. McGrath 5/52 (including my nemesis Kallis for 92 which sparked the collapse) and Warnie 4/73.

I lost a couple of early wickets, but Martyn hit a 4 to win the game and bring up his 100, just before that Cosgrove pushed a single to get his 50, an unbeaten 114 run stand got us home with 6 wickets to spare. The most exciting test ive ever played, i was stoked to win it.

Cosgrove was in good form in the sheffield shield, so i gave him a callup and he scored 107 on debut.

I won the world cup in 2007, but tests are becoming alot harder, Batting's never been a problem, but bowling wise i just cant ever get teams out consistently for less than 300

I've got ICC and go alright in the county games, but I can't do these one-dayers.

I rarely get over 180.

How do you guys go about the aggression settings and such?

I really really hate ODs and 20/20 games.

Wickets are the key in both, once your batsmen get their eye in a bit they can go well but going agressive right from the start = losing wickets steadily and poor RR. You just have to not worry about the RR too much for the first few overs in ODs (20/20 is just luck really). Also, it helps if you combine that strategy with opening with your best bat and having your second best bat at #3.

I wish I knew what line and length they bowl to always get me caught out at short leg and I get out a lot lbw from a right hander around the wicket, after it pitches 2 foot outside leg grrrr.

I just jumped back into my Lancs game.

Sitting atop the d2 county table quite easily but I'm only just clinging to my spot in the 1st division of the national league. KOd in the preliminaries of 20/20 and just made it into the semi of the C+G trophy thanks to a big ton from Marshall!

djgk53 said:
I've got ICC and go alright in the county games, but I can't do these one-dayers.

I rarely get over 180.

yeah i've been much the same. Staritng off with the aussies ODI's wernt an issue but as the game progressed i struggled bad. (and not due to lack of good players, still had the same guys going around pretty much).
Just yeah cant get significantly past 180-200. If you go too hard too easlry you lose wickets so quick and the RR gets shot and if u go too slow , your RR gets shot as well.

What i try to do now is to pace and pace myself to about the late 30's for losses of minmal wickets and from there have a good swing. Kind of like real life in a way. But its still tough that way

like Syd Kennets posted, anyone know of any updates out?

Remove this Banner Ad

ICC 2005 Announced!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back