Iconic movies - school me!

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to agree that Primal Fear is awesome. My favourite Richard Gere movie is Breathless. It is a remake of a 60's classic French film of the same name. Both are well worth watching.

If you want to delve into the 40's then Casablanca and Citizen Kane are both classics and iconic.

The Breakfast Club is a great movie.

The man who fell to Earth is a great Bowie watch.
Love Casablanca.

I'm gonna have to choose one from each genre as previously suggested or I'm gonna fry my brain.

First up is Indiana Jones. After that I'd love something heavier and then I'd prefer to follow that up with something frothy or a rom com. Suggestions welcome but they have to be ICONIC i.e. you have to be gobsmacked I haven't seen it yet.

West side story is a romance drama and maybe perhaps fit it in after something funny or light hearted.
Its the best musical I have ever seen. There is so much to appreciate about it - set, screenplay, songs and music, dance etc and won a heap of oscars. I think 10 or so. Enjoy Mrs EB! 👍🏻

Love Casablanca.

I'm gonna have to choose one from each genre as previously suggested or I'm gonna fry my brain.

First up is Indiana Jones. After that I'd love something heavier and then I'd prefer to follow that up with something frothy or a rom com. Suggestions welcome but they have to be ICONIC i.e. you have to be gobsmacked I haven't seen it yet.
Usual Suspects is definitely iconic. So is Se7en. Honestly The Fugitive probably is too.

All considered some of the best films of the 90s.

Love Casablanca.

Indiana Jones is definitely an iconic action adventure movie.

Suggesting a genre or decade or actor and then taking nominations is a good idea. By ‘heavy’, do you mean weighty drama or dark thriller?

Iconic rom coms would Pretty Woman, The Wedding Singer, When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle. Assume you’ve seen most of these though.

Indiana Jones is definitely an iconic action adventure movie.

Suggesting a genre or decade or actor and then taking nominations is a good idea. By ‘heavy’, do you mean weighty drama or dark thriller?

Iconic rom coms would Pretty Woman, The Wedding Singer, When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle. Assume you’ve seen most of these though.
Heavy would be either drama or thriller, something that I have to sit up and pay attention to.

Love Casablanca.

I really like John Cusack and he stars in Say Anything and Must Love Dogs. Both are romantic movies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a total lack of Aussie and foreign films here. Here are are a few recommendations.

Strictly Ballroom
Priscilla Queen of the Desert
Muriels Wedding
The Dish
The Castle.
Walkabout
and the greatest of them all, Carlton supporters would absolutely love it, The Club (its on Prime)

Foreign Films
In Bruges
Amelie
Run Lola Run
The Commitments

Adding Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and the world's end to the list.

Hot Fuzz as a movie gets better and better on every rewatch.
Hahaha yeah it's so good.

First time I watched it I was on a plane. I thought it was so good, I watched it again right away lol

There is a total lack of Aussie and foreign films here. Here are are a few recommendations.

Strictly Ballroom
Priscilla Queen of the Desert
Muriels Wedding
The Dish
The Castle.
Walkabout
and the greatest of them all, Carlton supporters would absolutely love it, The Club (its on Prime)

Foreign Films
In Bruges
Amelie
Run Lola Run
The Commitments
How is In Bruges foreign? It has Colin Farell ffs

Remove this Banner Ad

Iconic movies - school me!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back