If Heeney?

Remove this Banner Ad

Has to get there first

Zorķo could also pull Heeneys pants down and hold him to just 5 handpasses!

Wasn't far off the mark.

When clamped down the great players find a way to be useful to the team in another area (see Sammy Mitchell in the 2013 grand final). Heeney was every bit of a witches hat that the GWS players were in the 2019 grand final.

A lot of negative attention will be on Heeney but geez, Josh Dunkley has done that kinda role to pretty much all the star inside mids at some point. He’s a genuine star but he sacrifices his game often. He didn’t let Heeney have any space

Dunkley was 5 minutes away from another Quad Double... and in a Grand Final !

He didnt sacrifice anything. He schooled Heeney.

Heeney was injured. I hate people shitting on Heeney when he himself said he went into the game injured and got a lot more injured near the end of the first quarter.

So they do the smart thing and don't allow Mills to play

Yet they stuff up their chances by taking at least 2 other players with injuries into the match ?
Very bad decision making by the Swans coaching staff. Did they not learn from 2022 ? Or what about Nat Fyfe in 2015 ??

Nothing else matters when you cross the white line. If youre carrying an injury then its not a legit excuse.

Maybe not, but it still needs to be a factor and people shitting on Heeney still need to take it into consideration.

Heeney fully fit would not have changed the game today, but he is a much better player than Dunkley.

It was like Bulldogs fans getting exicted that one of their players in 2016 beat Buddy, yes he did, but Buddy could barely walk the entire game due to injuring his ankle early in the match, and that injury should be taken into consideration.

Maybe not, but it still needs to be a factor and people shitting on Heeney still need to take it into consideration.

Heeney fully fit would not have changed the game today, but he is a much better player than Dunkley.

We will never know, but Dunkley likely would have pants'd any opponent. He was on fire today.

Brisbane had half a dozen players play their best game ever. Peaked to perfection.

Interesting that both Heeney and Neale have now played in three Grand Finals each.

Heeney - Grand Finals

2016 vs Western Bulldogs
22 disposals & 0 goals

2022 vs Geelong
11 disposals & 1 goal

2024 vs Brisbane Lions
14 disposals & 1 goal

Neale - Grand Finals

2013 vs Hawthorn
7 disposals & 0 goals

2023 vs Collingwood
21 disposals & 0 goals

2024 vs Sydney
35 disposals & 1 goal

Interesting that both Heeney and Neale have now played in three Grand Finals each.

Heeney - Grand Finals

2016 vs Western Bulldogs
22 disposals & 0 goals

2022 vs Geelong
11 disposals & 1 goal

2024 vs Brisbane Lions
14 disposals & 1 goal

Neale - Grand Finals

2013 vs Hawthorn
7 disposals & 0 goals

2023 vs Collingwood
21 disposals & 0 goals

2024 vs Sydney
35 disposals & 1 goal

Neale redeemed himself today. Both had terrible records otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 Grand Finals for a player to be involved in, it's enough body of stats to assess a player and how they have performed in Grand Finals.

Reminds me of certain Geelong 4+ GF players and a 6 GF Hawks/Swans player.

Some great H&A players just go to water when it matters most. Finals is a different ballgame.

Ashcroft really impressed me today, will be such a gun player. Now time to steal his brother this draft 😉

Heeney was injured. I hate people shitting on Heeney when he himself said he went into the game injured and got a lot more injured near the end of the first quarter.
injuries are always an excuse; he didn't look injured in the previous finals' games at least to me anyway.

Neale came in with a buggered foot but got it jabbed up. I don't see why Heeney wouldn't have either?

He apparently went into the game with a bad ankle and he injured his ankle a lot more near the end of the first quarter when he tackled someone.
Went off in a moon boot apparently?

Remove this Banner Ad

If Heeney?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back