If Lehmann walks or is sacked, who replaces him?

If Lehmann goes, who replaces him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Langer doesn't take shit from his players and takes cricket seriously enough that he's never pull the crap we've just seen. Obvious choice is obvious. Though I like Dizzy too.

Langer was a known sledger & has been part of the current coaching set up ( in a limited way) , it's time to move away from that culture.
Dizzy has the credentials and should get the job now.

Not gonna lie but every time I see this thread as a tab I think of it as "If Lehmann walks into a bar"

Langer was a known sledger & has been part of the current coaching set up ( in a limited way) , it's time to move away from that culture.
Dizzy has the credentials and should get the job now.
You don't think Gillespie would have sledged? Things happen on the field that none of us would know about. But Langer strikes as a hard but fair person. Has turned around the culture at WA, I'd back him to do the same for Australia.

My main concern with Langer is that in his current position he's been a really vocal advocate for anyone based in WA. People like to cry about NSW bias, imagine what happens if Langer was coach. He's still clearly the heir apparent though.

I'd think Ponting would do a good job, but given his on-field reputation, he may not be the best choice healing wise.

Gillespie probably wouldn't do it, but out of the three I think I like him the best.

My main concern with Langer is that in his current position he's been a really vocal advocate for anyone based in WA. People like to cry about NSW bias, imagine what happens if Langer was coach. He's still clearly the heir apparent though.

I'd think Ponting would do a good job, but given his on-field reputation, he may not be the best choice healing wise.

Gillespie probably wouldn't do it, but out of the three I think I like him the best.
I fail to see the problem :D

You don't think Gillespie would have sledged? Things happen on the field that none of us would know about. But Langer strikes as a hard but fair person. Has turned around the culture at WA, I'd back him to do the same for Australia.

No doubt Dizzy sledged but never in the over the top way that Langer did (at times).
Dizzy has also done as good a job at getting SA back on track as Langer has done for WA, with less talented cattle.

No doubt Dizzy sledged but never in the over the top way that Langer did (at times).
Dizzy has also done as good a job at getting SA back on track as Langer has done for WA, with less talented cattle.

I don’t want a team of quiet mice, I just want a team of tough but fair cricketers.

Also a team who play tough but don’t get all sooky when things go against them.

Given how naturally cheating/tampering came to Bancroft you'd have to say there are big question marks around his mentor Langer.

They should be looking for a much cleaner skin imo
What a load of crap.

At this point do we really care how many West Australians are in the team if it means the current culture is flipped on its head?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My initial thought was Langer, but on further reflection I think that the Board have to look at someone who is outside the current set-up and cultural framework - to me, the best person that fits that criteria is Dizzy.

Outside the box candidates that CA might talk to include Andrew McDonald, Jamie Siddons or Stuart Law

Who knows what was said?

He saw the footage and may have said "what ever you blokes are up to, it stops now"

Innocent until proven guilty. #standbyboof

That would be the only thing that saves him.... but I reckon that's a 50/1 longshot

Langer stands up for his players. He's coach of WA so he'll stand up for them and if he was coach of the Bangladesh under 13s he'd be standing up for them too. It's what leaders do.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Lehmann walks or is sacked, who replaces him?

Back