If Lehmann walks or is sacked, who replaces him?

If Lehmann goes, who replaces him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Langer to be head coach with Ponting his 2IC.
Matty Hayden would be great to get around the team as well in some sort of leadership role
Then Haydos can finally fill in the last panel with "The Coach" instead of "The Giving Back" on his website.

The only thing I can see him contributing is getting the side to go to church though.

Given the sugar and sand paper incidents you'd have to be pretty naive to think Bancroft is that quicker learner re cheating. If so he'd have learnt to close the gap between his bat and pad.
I don't rate the sugar incident at all. You couldn't rough a ball up with a finger's worth of sugar, so he was likely eating it to to then use his saliva to shine the ball. Which isn't in any way different to shining the ball while sucking a mint. Just cuts out the middleman.

I don't rate the sugar incident at all. You couldn't rough a ball up with a finger's worth of sugar, so he was likely eating it to to then use his saliva to shine the ball. Which isn't in any way different to shining the ball while sucking a mint. Just cuts out the middleman.
Yeh agreed. If you think about it, its actually completely absurd to think that's what he was doing - putting sugar in his pocket. Why not just have some mints? Why put your sweaty hand into your pocket to pull out sugar?

Unfortunately though, considering the footage of him with the tape/sandpaper, people are going to run with it.

Watching the Hayden interview with Craddock I reckon he'd be a great coach. He comes across as living life to the max and getting most out of opportunities rather than 'winning is everything'

Watching the Hayden interview with Craddock I reckon he'd be a great coach. He comes across as living life to the max and getting most out of opportunities rather than 'winning is everything'
He also presents as massive bellend who hid behind his faith while he stood at first slip most of his career and called you all the names under the sun. The last thing we need right now is more hypocrites in this team.

I am already over the way over the top stuff about Lehman calling him all sorts of things. One thing us punters must NOT get sucked in by the journos who like to piggy back a story and stick the boots right in...Be warned it's already happening and most of these journos are lower than whale shit. That said Lehman has to go and I think Punter or Gillespie is ok ...Langer I am not so sure about. As others have said a clean out looks necessary. I would not give life bans but a certain little fella named Warner I think we can live without. The general thrust towards this campaigner in these forums are pretty close to the mark.

He also presents as massive bellend who hid behind his faith while he stood at first slip most of his career and called you all the names under the sun. The last thing we need right now is more hypocrites in this team.
"called you all the names under the sun" Have you any examples or going on here say...agree with the faith BS..but your comment tells us that in your mind there is a deep seated issue with the cricket team and its sledging habits going back a long way..maybe even well before MH. Some here have alluded to ball tampering being around for awhile in all forms of cricket and I think that may be true...thumb nail in seams etc. sledging while bowlers coming into bowl was sometimes an issue in grade cricket. I think maybe the last real gentleman cricket captain was probably Richie Benaud. Is this what we want to get back to.? Win on the merits of your cricket ability and skill ...sounds ok to me.

"called you all the names under the sun" Have you any examples or going on here say...agree with the faith BS..but your comment tells us that in your mind there is a deep seated issue with the cricket team and its sledging habits going back a long way..maybe even well before MH. Some here have alluded to ball tampering being around for awhile in all forms of cricket and I think that may be true...thumb nail in seams etc. sledging while bowlers coming into bowl was sometimes an issue in grade cricket. I think maybe the last real gentleman cricket captain was probably Richie Benaud. Is this what we want to get back to.? Win on the merits of your cricket ability and skill ...sounds ok to me.
Sledged Graeme smith to the hill on debut. Call him a cbomb and what not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Ed Cowan on the radio the other day. As someone who had been in the dressing room, he was pretty clear that it's very much Lehmann's team. That is, if he didn't have specific knowledge then he is at the very least fully responsible for the culture.

"A fish rots from the head down" was I believe the exact statement.

I'm not sorry that Lehmann has apparently decided to resign. Our record under him has been mixed anyway and his actual contribution to the team has been unclear since Clarke's retirement at least.

The idea of parachuting Matthew Hayden into the role seems dubious to me. I loved the guy when he was playing, but I don't think he has any experience and he wasn't above pushing the envelope on the field during his time.

He's a nutjob with a PR team. Not to mention he has no coaching experience. National team head coach isn't a job you give to somebody on training wheels.

cricketer-and-ambassador.jpg

I never understood why boof got a contract extension around the time we got spanked in sl, he should have been close to losing his job then and then lost his job after the sa debacle at home but he had already been rewarded for the team going backwards.

He's a nutjob with a PR team. Not to mention he has no coaching experience. National team head coach isn't a job you give to somebody on training wheels.

Fair points, simply looking at a possible fresh start was my thinking. I don't think Langer can be coach. There would be Friction between him & Renshaw, and he he has that link to the old coaching brigade.

Fair points, simply looking at a possible fresh start was my thinking. I don't think Langer can be coach. There would be Friction between him & Renshaw, and he he has that link to the old coaching brigade.

Why would there be friction? Renshaw has admitted that his form warranted getting dropped and his return to form imo vindicates that decision.

Why would there be friction? Renshaw has admitted that his form warranted getting dropped and his return to form imo vindicates that decision.

Of course Renshaw is going to say that. Renshaw wouldn't have been dropped if Langer kept his mouth shut. It's a pretty good coincidence that a good mate of the coach mentions three names and they all ended up in the team.

No doubt Dizzy sledged but never in the over the top way that Langer did (at times).
Dizzy has also done as good a job at getting SA back on track as Langer has done for WA, with less talented cattle.

I think Jamie Siddons might take some responsibility for that, given he is the coach of the Redbacks.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Lehmann walks or is sacked, who replaces him?

Back