If Mooney Is Suspended, Who Replaces Him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lonergan will be ready for this weekend.

Apparently the injury isn't major and he was almost ready to play in Tassie yesterday.

Put a glove on and he will be right to go.

It was just an infected finger, article in the paper says they thought he had golden staph!

I doubt Maxy is fit enough right now to go with Goodes.

If Gamble goes, have Kelly play a more permanent half-forward and bring in Prismall to take his place in the centre. if Mooney goes, have Mackie come in and take Milburns role, while Milburn goes up forward. if West goes, just have Blake ruck the whole game, with maybe Hawkins stepping in every now and then to give him a rest.

This is Sydney we are talking about; they are playing very good football at the moment and are known for tough tight contests. If worst comes to worst and all three players get suspended, the Cats should do their best to make sure there isn't too much young blood who will fold under pressure. Players like Davenport are fine and all, but bringing them in against Sydney probably wouldn't be a good idea.

We might finally get a chance to unleash the Flying-V of half-forwards:

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

TOMAHAWK

Byrnes ------------------------------------ Stokes
Johnson ---------------- Kelly
----------------------Chapman ---------------------

TOMAHAWK

Prismall ------------------------------------ Stokes

Fixed.

TOMAHAWK

:thumbsu::thumbsu: I'd like to see that :D

TOMAHAWK

HAHAHA ____ING AWESOME. :thumbsu:

____ING ROFL!

I think Moons is definately in trouble and won't be playing next week. Totally had a brain fade. Gamble also might be in a bit of strife with his effort on Del Santo so we may be losing two forwards. My recommendations if we lost both Moons and Vegas would be to bring in Prismall and Mackie. If Mackie is still not fit then Davenport.

I haven't heard anything about Byrnes blowing the opposition away when he played in the magoos on Saturday and I saw a glimpse of him kicking for goal and for someone trying get back in he didn't do himself any favours with that effort!

There's loads of options for players, it's just a height issue if west goes.

Well, out will go Gamble and Moons. West I'm not sure about, but working on a worst case scenario that all do then:

Mumford (will they rush ottens)
Davenport (heaven help me but they'll use tenace or byrnes)
D Johnson (errr... is he fit?) just to put some experience in that can free some others up in the back half up.

then,

Prismall
Lonergan
Varco

Please don't ever mention Tenace again, Byrnes is bad enough to be mentioned on here. Sure they have pace, but their skills are totally lacking, and how much pace do we need against Sydney, anyway?

Everytime they use their pace they run straight into someone, anyway. Or handball/kick it to someone else. Prismall to come in for Gamble if he's out, Mackie in for Mooney/Taylor and then there is West... Well, surely he should get off and will play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and I'll pick you up on something. You do know taylor is not going out for anyone other than egan don't you? You dont play a 3rd game guy (if you dont have to) on Nick for 86% of the match unless you are fast tracking development.

Not sure Egan will be coming back this year, but I can find out.

Yep.

Could just be a straight swap, Mooney out for Mackie. Bomber has played both Rooke and Kelly in the lead-up option recently and you could easily put Taylor there as well. Have Hawkins in the goal square for the contested grab...

Yep I would not mind this. Harley is another one to pinch hit up their for a bit if we can afford it (although he does usually do an exceptional job on O'Laughlin).

Can also leave Chapman deep most of the game. He presents magnificently and is very good overhead and with his body. I know he is under 180cm but he plays bigger than that.

In terms of who Ling should get I say Ryan O'Keefe. And I'd be happy to take a punt and run Rooke with Goodes. The sort of bloke who could take Goodes right off his usual game.

TOMAHAWK

Johnson ------------------------------------ Stokes
Chapman ---------------- Kelly

----------------------Lonergan ---------------------

nice picture, fixed again :cool:

If all 3 of Gamble, West and Mooney go:
In: Mumford, Lonergan and Brynes
Out: West, Mooney and Gamble

I'd definitely elevate Mumford for Ruck duties. He looked alright in the 2 minutes he had in the NAB cup and has been good in the VFL. Corey playing 3rd man up as much as possible helps but still I'd rather have two ruckmen in the side. Imagine if Blake was injured in the first half. Hawkins would last 5 minutes before sucking wind leaving Corey in the ruck.

With Mooney gone ideally Lonergan comes in but failing that I'd rotate Ablett, Chapman & Ling out of the goal square and bring in Prismall. Brynes will almost certainly come in for Gamble after a solid game in the VFL.

It's clear sydney are just going to choke our forward line up anyway, a small forward line could be the go.

Bring prismall in and give more time to chappy and gaj in the forward line.

The way harley is marking lately, he could be an option??

If Mooney is out, Mackie may return meaning mackie/Milburn might go forward.
If Gamble is out, Byrnes will come back in.
If West goes (he shouldnt, but you know).. will Mooney ruck for the last 5 minutes if not suspended? If both are...?

you have got to be kidding around right:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

If Mooney Is Suspended, Who Replaces Him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back