IF North defeat Sydney..

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles win overrated.
they only shut down and ran over what almost everyone agreed was the best team in the competition.

do you know how well you have to play to make Hawthorn look ordinary?

We could win a granny and demondavey would be calling us over rated and saying "well they are still yet to beat whoever they are playing next year in round one"

Great troll davey :) definitely has potential.

Its funny that all it takes is one person saying north "might" win and people lose their shit.

Personally i do believe its "possible" but EXTREMELY unlikely. We need to get past sydney who is a bogey team for us. If we are off against them we normally get flogged. If we play well they tend to play even better regardless of circumstances.

As far as matchups on the eagles. Thats impossible to explain to an eagles supporter because they cant even name half of their own team... let alone any other team in this comp (overstated for my own enjoyment ;) ). Certain players just tend to play better against certain teams mostly because of individual match-ups that they recieve.

All in all i think north will win tonight, even though I'm not overly confident. And then we will lose convincingly to wet toast.

North's forward line is really the area that i feel would really trouble West Coast. Plus West Coast aren't really that used to having a fairly even ruck battle. That said reckon West Coast will get over the line at home regardless.

Anyway right now this is just speculation because we need to see what shape North are in (and if they even win) against Sydney first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are seriously undrating West coasts win last week. We didn't lose because we played bad, we lost because of how well West coast played.
The first quater was quite even and after that we just couldn't go with them.
I think who ever they play in their preliminary they'll beat easily and will probly go on the win the premiership.

Lets take it one week at a time, people who think beating a top 4 side in a knock out final on the road is an easy thing to accomplish are insane, to do it back to back is a very tough ask.

We have beaten the Eagles the last two times we have met so yeah, I think we 'could' do it... however, lets wait and see if we are still alive tonight before we start projecting forwards.

I do believe they can defeat WC in a preliminary final. North Melbourne are an underrated side with finals experience and a few decent notches on their belt. There are a few reasons for me posting this, and I am ready for the missiles about to come my way. I had thought WC would get through as the most likely contender to Hawthorn, but, here are a few interesting points;

The WC win against Hawthorn was overrated. Hawthorn played very ordinary football that was unconventional and lapsed in effort. The margin was only 32 points, it wasn't the 'blow out' Big Footy and the media has portrayed.

North Melbourne have a dynamic tall forward line capable of stretching an Eagles defence, one can not understate Waite, Petrie, and Brown. Add in Harvey and a ruck unit containing an AA ruckman and you've got a pretty decent midfield/forward line. Not to mention Swallow, Ziebell, etc

West Coast are a young side, and I seriously need to emphasise that the week 1 win against Hawthorn was overrated. WC won that on the back of a break away burst, nothing in that convinced me that it was a solid 4 quarter effort. I give credit to their win for Hawthorn playing poorly.

North have plenty going for them, and they are a balanced and rounded side that can get to the GF if they play their best football. Time will tell, and tonight will be a great judge of how good North can be.

Sorry Perth fans, it looks like a long weekend in Melbourne rather than a GF party.

Get your rifles out, and please take aim at me, but try and do it in a measured way :)

I guess my main two points back would be:
1) Hawthorn were crap because the Eagles were in their space the whole game. Never gave the Hawks a chance to cut them open

2) the margin was only 32 at the end, but the 'blowout' Bigfooty portrayed was the 50 point, 3/4 time margin...it was a decent flogging. Junktime goals don't change that if you watched the game.

Do agree about Norths forward line being dangerous, but let's wait and see how the Swans do first. Reckon the Swans can contain it enough that it'll be a eagles/swans prelim

North tossing again, IF they beat us which given our bare bones they bloody well should, but as its north everyone has to say IF.
if we were up against Adelaide, the crows would be on their way to a prelim. But north? who knows they might win they might find a way to **** it up.

the simple fact is for north to beat us everything for them will have to go right for them and they have to keep their shit together for the whole game and IF they do all that?

The same thing that happened last year will occur, they will be physically and mentally spent after the game and the prelim team will walk over them.
North are team "potential" they have a chance everybody says every ******* year and they do nothing with it.

North have the same ******* chance of beating west coast as i have of winning tonights lotto draw. and yes feel free to quote me and bring up the swans humiliating performance at last years grand final, call me an arrogant Sydney supporter or bump the shit out of this thread if north manage not keep their shit together for 4 qtrs of footy and pull off "the great miracle" of a walk in the park for any genuine finalist.

Because it wont change shit, north will not beat WC they don't have what it takes and you'll all be fighting to be the first to deflate to norths tires your pumping up right now. they didn't have it last year, they don't have it this year and they won't have it next year. their making up the numbers under scott and winning a prelim is a bridge too far.

Lol. Freo beat you by 9 points last week. 'Walk in the park' was it?

Which North footballer hooked up with your gf?

Stop thinking about next week..
We need to get over the Swans tonight first.
Feel confident we have the ability & squad to do it, question is will we be switched on enough to get the job done.

Remove this Banner Ad

IF North defeat Sydney..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back