IF North defeat Sydney..

Remove this Banner Ad

I worry about North's tall forward line and the Eagles small defence. You would think Goldstein would be able to breakeven with NicNat, so the Eagles won't be able to dominate the clearances.

We lost the clearances against hawthorn last week

Adelaide won the clearances against hawthorn last night

Don't think us winning or losing the clearances in the PF will decide the result regardless of who we play

If north do win tonight it will be our ability to prevent north getting clean ball into their tall forwards and whether north can isolate our defenders one on one that will influence the result

All I will say is it's a marathon, not a sprint. A week's a long time in footy. For North to win tonight, they'll need to restrict Sydney's ability to score, while still finding an avenue to goal themselves. It's important to win the midfield battle, and while North's talls will be key, their smalls have a role to play as well, particularly when the ball goes to ground.

Great troll op, you rustled west coast posters and then started a north-west coast shit fight with the usual trolls jumping on.

KOLOKOTRONIS
Mate I've just started a thread based on what I think, i am not responsible for individuals engaging and debating in an immature and crass way whereby they can't view points of opinion as individual and respond accordingly. I didn't start this a 'troll', it was more to gauge opinion and response, probably overrated the people on this website to have a decent conversation without taking things personally.

Mate I've just started a thread based on what I think, i am not responsible for individuals engaging and debating in an immature and crass way whereby they can't view points of opinion as individual and respond accordingly. I didn't start this a 'troll', it was more to gauge opinion and response, probably overrated the people on this website to have a decent conversation without taking things personally.
You'll make a good troll in any case.

Why? Can't I start a thread and have an opinion without being a 'troll'? I think the demographic here just aren't that bright...
Because about half the posters around here are trolls or aliases, your op could easily been seen as a troll based on threads that have been created over the last 2 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, in 7 odd hours we can revisit the merits of this thread, if we don't get past the Swans does it matter if we can roll the Eagles or not?

I'm expecting to lose by a fair margin - but this is a coping mechanism that you develop after years of following north. Go Roos!

I think you are underrating West Coast. It isn't just that Hawthorn had an "off" day. West Coast MADE them have that "off" day. There is a reason why West Coast have only lost two games in Perth this year; against Hawthorn and Fremantle (fellow top 3 teams).

I don't think Sydney or North Melbourne can beat West Coast in Domain stadium tbh. But if anyone of the two would beat them, I'd think it is North Melbourne.
Seems to be a trend with all of our victories this year. The other team had a bad day.

North should be extremely disappointed if they cannot get the job done against a swans side missing buddy,jack,parker and reid and has guys like b jack and dean towers playing, after a bruising game in togh conditions in perth
I agree with this, It's time for North to step up or go backwards.

Seems to be a trend with all of our victories this year. The other team had a bad day.

It has taken me up until last week to finally concede that wce are a very good side. If we make the prelim and you make the gf ( which you will) there will still be calls of "you only got into the gf because franklin and reid didnt play"

At the end of the day, west coast deserve and have earnt their successes this year.

If you were to look at the stats it would suggest Hawthorn had a shit day. Did tactics that West Coast used make Hawthorn have a shit day? Probably yes for some things. But to suggest that Hawthorn only played bad because of what West Coast did would be pretty moronic.

I worry about North's tall forward line and the Eagles small defence. You would think Goldstein would be able to breakeven with NicNat, so the Eagles won't be able to dominate the clearances.

But that ignores the week off in finals, the travel, the home town umpiring and the fact that the eagles were allready a 5-6 goal better side to start with. West Coast wont lose to either side from tonights game.

Remove this Banner Ad

IF North defeat Sydney..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back