IF we win... Who would you love to take home the Norm Smith?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nic Naitanui. If he wins Fremantle fans will cry because they have an unreasonable hate of all things Nic because he makes Clarke look horrible. He will then be all over the papers for the next week, and when they go down to the wharf and get fish and chips it will be wrapped in Nic Naitanui, and they will cry again and their dinner will be ruined.

But, forgetting about Fremantle, because they are currently irrelevant, Brad Sheppard. Amazing year, deserves some accolades.

Could make a case for a few of our players
-Priddis- bleeds blue and gold , approaching the twilight of his career so may not get another chance
-Kennedy- would cap an unbelievable , breakthrough season
-Darling- due for a big game , what a better time to do so than in the grand final!
-Nic Nat- Bleeds blue and gold and has been through some tough times off-field this year , so an emotion charged inspirational performance would be amazing
-Shuey- another fairytale story after an injury /tragedy plagued first couple of seasons
-Gaff- would cap off his year of improvement
-Hurn- would love another norm smith captain :)

For me - Priddis, Darling, Nic Nat in that order . But if we win, I don't care who gets the norm smith (in fact , I'd be ok with the norm smith going to the losing Hawks as long as we win the premiership!!)

My tip would be Gaff, like Embley in 2006, cutting shit up with all that room on the wings.

Who would I like to win it? Can't go past Shuey the ****ing Shue. Been through hell in his life and has worked as hard as anyone to get where he is. Genuine A-grader and if he wins it there'll be a metric poop-ton of GF highlights for me to beat off to for years and years to come.

As much as I said that I would love Nic to get it, if he doesnt then my second vote goes to Pridda.

Just so that I can enjoy the main-board melts when we refer to him as "All Australian, Brownlow Medallist, Premiership Player and Norm Smith Medallist Matthew Priddis". :D:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naitanui would be the feel good story and to see him on the podium with two medals ...there wouldn't be a dry west coast eye in Australia.

Shep because he is a f$&king boss! I'll never forget that contest with big bad roughy in the QF

Luke shuey/pridda are logical choices, proven match winners and both hard as nails.

Wellingham is in blistering form, lecca and darling both due for big games.

My smokey is Will Schofield to turn in an absolute belter of a defensive performance and pinch it in a close win.

I would love someone who isn't a bigger name and people don't expect to pull out a huge game ie. Hill Cripps Sheppard Sinclair etc. to win it.

It means that they play so well that they play so well we aren't relying on the big guns to perform to drag us over the line and they pull out an incredible performance themselves.

Anyone in our team is a worthy winner tbh considering the year we've had. We have no passengers in our Best 22, they've all stood up at the times we've needed them.

Based on our year one of our backmen winning it would be a nice touch. Sheppard/McGovern/Schoey/Wellingham.

As for who Ill be putting money on lol. Natanui/LeCras/Kennedy sorta X-Factor types.

I'm going to a bit left-field here and say I'd like to see The Hutch pick one up. He's the sort of in-and-under toiler who is never going to a prolific vote-getter in other awards, but he's shown himself capable of taking it up a notch on the big stage - who, much like Pridda, had to get to AFL the tough way.

Think he's a well-loved member of the team, too - they'd get right around him.

Nicnat for sentimental reasons too, obviously.

Remove this Banner Ad

IF we win... Who would you love to take home the Norm Smith?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back