Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Sep 10, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seagulls, Bushrangers
it would've been our best win of the season...so give the applause to the Dees who beat us on the day, despite some poor umpiring decision (both ways as soft umpires tried there best to even it up), and our harsh luck in defence (no Jimmy, Presti, Harry, Racer, injured Heater, and Maxwell late in game)

So grow up some morons out there...please. I know this is the 2nd thread, but I don't give a shit to be honest (jabso, its after a loss, i am a little un co-ordinated at the minute ;))

No it wouldn't have been our best win for the season, because in no way possible, should a team that is in the top 4, let the team that is 15th, be 34 ****ING POINTS UP early in the 2nd quarter.

That's just ****ing embarrassing.

Errrm...West Coast last year anyone? They were down by 30+ points(Even 10 goals down one game) and they won all of them with damn good comebacks.

But that's true, we shouldn't allow it to happen!

Everything went against us today, and then to top it off we had appalling kicking for goal, and Anthony Rocca giving away plainly stupid free kicks. Had we won, it would have been an act of God.

Let's face it, we should've gotten some free kicks too, it was totally one sided, Bloody maggots. Robertson overall should only had 2-3 goals! The reviiew has to be sent.

It seems as tho no one wanted us to win that game!

Rubbish. Melbourne played very poorly, we just played worse. Today should have been won but senior players let their team mates down badly and basically lost the game for us.

Mick should be absolutely livid tonight. For a team that prides itself on intensity and a team ethos, they were woeful.

Cannot blame the likes of Stanley... FFS it was his first game. Toovey did a really good job on both Davey and Bruce.

Rocca and Wakes should be hung and quartered for their efforts today.

No it wouldn't have been our best win for the season, because in no way possible, should a team that is in the top 4, let the team that is 15th, be 34 ****ING POINTS UP early in the 2nd quarter.

They were 34 points up because 4 of our regular defenders were not on the park (Clement, Presti, Harry O and R Shaw). We had first year players playing on experienced forwards and they did a good job for the rest of the match. Credit to Melbourne as they took advantage of us having injuries and a 2nd string backline and i would expect any club to do that. It is pretty hard to stop any teams forward line with 4 of our best defenders not playing.

it would've been our best win of the season...so give the applause to the Dees who beat us on the day, despite some poor umpiring decision (both ways as soft umpires tried there best to even it up), and our harsh luck in defence (no Jimmy, Presti, Harry, Racer, injured Heater, and Maxwell late in game)

So grow up some morons out there...please. I know this is the 2nd thread, but I don't give a shit to be honest (jabso, its after a loss, i am a little un co-ordinated at the minute ;))

Agreed entirely.

The umpiring infuriated me at times, and I think did play a role in swinging momentum at some pivotal stages. But as said by some others in this thread, you can't be down by 34 points and make a case for the umpires determining the outcome.

Credit to Melbourne, their list is better than their position on the ladder would indicate and most of us knew this was a danger game heading in, even if we had a full team on the park we still would have been apprehensive.

Credit to our lads for fighting it out and working themselves back into the game. Credit to Melbourne for doing the damage early and seeing out the game.

I also agree it could have been our best win for the year, might have even been season defining. Oh well, back to the chalkboard for next week.

They were 34 points up because 4 of our regular defenders were not on the park (Clement, Presti, Harry O and R Shaw). We had first year players playing on experienced forwards and they did a good job for the rest of the match. Credit to Melbourne as they took advantage of us having injuries and a 2nd string backline and i would expect any club to do that. It is pretty hard to stop any teams forward line with 4 of our best defenders not playing.
Absolute crap. The way the ball came in its debatable whether Presti/Jimmy/Harry would've done any differnetly. They just streamed forward continuously through the midfield like it was a training session.

Absolutely horrible quarter and obviously it cost us the game.

I was very unhappy after the game like VERY unhappy because i can't stand losing to Melbourne there arrogance shits me, but really the first quater is what cost us that game, and the fact we were missing 4 of our defenders, Rocca didn't help with what he was doing and Cloke missed some really easy ones.

It was only 13 points and beleive it or not Melbourne are a good team when they have there players playing wich thay did today, we didn't.

Would have loved to have won that game some questionable umpiring decisions did upset me but that can't be changed and we can't complain about it.

Im not happy that we lost but the way we played in the first quater we didn't deserve to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree totally with you Hoggy and for ffffuuu sake why is there a thread called IF WE WON we bloody lost simple as that

With all due respect, Melbourne were missing Rivers, Whelan and Bartram from the back six. These would all form part of a best 22. We've had about 5 games total out of them all year.

Let's face it, we should've gotten some free kicks too, it was totally one sided, Bloody maggots. Robertson overall should only had 2-3 goals! The reviiew has to be sent.

It seems as tho no one wanted us to win that game!

Haha. You are a joke. Only one of them was in the back (the first of the last quarter) all the rest were fine. You are a joke. Get over it.

Look the fact is that we had 21 scoring shots to 17 in the last three quarters we had plenty of chances to win, even withstanding Rok being r*ped without reward!

Destiny is in our own hands , have a look at the team that smashed the crows it wasn't class, it was endeavour, the boys especially the "the young guns" look tired so break will be great.

Did anyone see brodies stats yesterday, 25 or 26...so he is just getting ba ck to Copeland trophy standard, there is no I in Team boys endeavour wins matches especially when we are only 3 points down at 3/4 time after being 34 points down!

We had a good three chances in the last 7 mins of the game to pinch and we fumbled all of them.

Nuff said .

As always GO PIES!:cool:

Haha. You are a joke. Only one of them was in the back (the first of the last quarter) all the rest were fine. You are a joke. Get over it.

Deadset Demon boy if you weren't biased you would even admit if Neeta was scragged four times in front of goal, then punched in th head and didn'y get a free you personally would run back from the snow, and write to the the Mayor of Melbourne and get him to send a complaint to Jeff Gieshen to get those free kicks paid.

So don't come the raw prawn and fake blindness dude, if you are honest you would admit that Robbo was given a gift , one by being given a blantsnt push in the in the back in no free to us, and one by Harry going off, when that happened Robbo scored before that couldn't get near the ball.

You won , well done, now start training for next seasons preseason :D

Deadset Demon boy if you weren't biased you would even admit if Neeta was scragged four times in front of goal, then punched in th head and didn'y get a free you personally would run back from the snow, and write to the the Mayor of Melbourne and get him to send a complaint to Jeff Gieshen to get those free kicks paid.

So don't come the raw prawn and fake blindness dude, if you are honest you would admit that Robbo was given a gift , one by being given a blantsnt push in the in the back in no free to us, and one by Harry going off, when that happened Robbo scored before that couldn't get near the ball.

You won , well done, now start training for next seasons preseason :D

God you were crucified! We had a whopping 2 more free kicks and kicked exactly 0 goals from frees. Your goal count from frees? Three.

The mommentum from the Robertson free kick in the last quarter was the thing that killed us. Definate free kick to us ... instead a goal to the dees and then next second another centre break that turned into a goal and it was almost game over in 1 minute.

Also Rocca got killed by the umpire he was entitled to at LEAST 3 or 4 free kicks all in goal kicking range.

Fair play to the dees though they fought hard and took their opportunities.

Positives I thought were Cloke (apart from his kicking), Johnson coming back into some top form, Heath Shaw, Goldsack (think he looks like a player) and Stanley showed some small signs.

Our forward line was crap all day and what pissed me off was that we continued to bomb long to Rocca all day (who hardly took a mark) whilst we were continually outnumbered by dees who just ran the ball out of defence. FRUSTRATING.

Fair play to the dees though they fought hard and took their opportunities.
Well.... not entirely. It's not about being fair though. it's about pushing the rules to the limit and getting away with it when you breach the rules. That's a thing that they did at both ends of the ground and, clearly, we did not.

Dees were good.

we were shit.

end of story.

I disagree the Dees weren't particularly good on the day.

They were better than they were earlier in the year when I saw them lose to the Cats and they were better than us yesterday (not particularly difficult) but they still have a lot of deficiencies.

Their backline isn't particularly strong and if teams didn't just bomb the ball in like we did yesterday they'll get found out again. And their forward line yesterday was pretty poor except for Robertson. Neitz gave them nothing, Bate was good but played too far up the ground to do any damage and Robbo is not going to kick 7 every week especially when he's playing against backmen who have played more than 10 games.

The Demons weren't that good yesterday, we were just embarrasingly bad.:(

Remove this Banner Ad

If we won...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back