If you barracked for Failscray.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Translation:

crying_baby.jpg

If this is what you make of it then you are reaffirming my position that idiots do not moderate the Bay or Big Footy.

Welcome to Geelong

Home of Smorgy's, a waterslide thingy and bogans!

Gee-long supporters, you could win the next 15 flags and it won't change the fact that your supporters are a bunch of snivelling, whining, pathetic bogans derided by all and sundry with a +70 IQ, or that your club is from the biggest, most indescribably boring shithole in Victoria, Australia, the Southern Hemisphere, the world, the galaxy, possibly even the universe.

Gee-long supporters on this site are the David Brent of Bigfooty. Going around thinking they're amazingly astute, intelligent and witty, completely unaware that everyone else thinks they're pathetic, lame, unfunny and complete tools.

You summed up what I thought about your post above in the bolded section.

Well done!

Also if I wnated to see bogans, I could go to Footscray or even to Western wherever that may be.

Well done on coming back after the boo boo :thumbsu:
Props to you for skirting my last post, like a Bulldog around a contest in a Prelim.

Four posts later yet you avoid the real issue whilst pedantically nitpicking at irrelevant humour.

If you were as "intelligent and tough" as you proclaimed, you'd ignore the waffle and play with the big boys.

Or does the truth hurt?

Props to you for skirting my last post like a Bulldog at a contest in a Prelim.
You mean this barely intelligible diatribe? Didn't think it was worth replying to (sorry, you aren't that great a poster), but seeing as how much you are hanging off my every word (you'd make a great disciple incidently, you deserve praise for something):

It is ironic that the one bullet you have to shoot at a successful football club is at its base, a city of comprised in the order of 50 suburbs (granted, ranging in socioeconomic status, just like any other), when your own club is based in a suburb with such a horrific reputation that it was forced to remove its name and soul, becoming nothing more than a nomadic entity and sacrificing 126 years of history and any potential marketability in the process.
a. One bullet? Given how humourless & upset you have obviously become (and I can't help but type that with a smirk, given the impact I obviously have over your emotional wellbeing) there seems to be plenty to get at you with

b. We are still called the Footscray Football Club on our club charter, our colours, mascot, home ground are the same. You shouldn't be throwing stones anyway, considering Geelong used to be called the Seagulls instead of the Cats (nowhere near as bad as "Mayblooms", I'll give you that)

c. The Bulldogs are the team for all of the Western Suburbs, therefore we made a change to be more inclusive. It was difficult coming up with a 3rd thing to say actually, considering that mass of type barely contained 2 points (being kind here).

If you were as "intelligent and tough" as you proclaimed, you'd ignore the waffle and play with the big boys.
Hahaha. What a wank of a post.

Or does the truth hurt?
You're the only one upset here ;)

. Best illustrated by Brad Johnson - more interested in flopping around on the ground like a fish out of water, rather than be a man and lead by example. It's all me, me, me. No wonder you are bitter, I should leave you be.

Ironic when Chapman, Selwood, and S Johnson all religiously play for free kicks. :D

b. We are still called the Footscray Football Club on our club charter, our colours, mascot, home ground are the same. You shouldn't be throwing stones anyway, considering Geelong used to be called the Seagulls instead of the Cats (nowhere near as bad as "Mayblooms", I'll give you that)
Your home ground is the same? Could have fooled me, I swear I haven't been to the Western Oval for years.

Also 'Seagulls' was purely an unofficial nickname from a century ago, there has been no name change there. No, the only club embarrassed by their home base was your club.

You're the only one upset here ;)
Couldn't be more further from the truth.

A decade ago we were on par with your mob; financially destitute, terrible culture, no facilities and no success. But with great people in charge and some courageous on- and off-field decisions, a turnaround that you could dream of has been realised.

Powerful financial situation, construction aplenty on our club-owned home ground, two premierships in three years (have to love supporting a club where preliminary final losses aren't celebrated).

No, it's an era to be celebrated. Let's pop the champagne.

(If you are suggesting however that I am upset due to your mild insults, you are mistaken. You are worth nothing more than a chuckle.)

Well done on coming back after the boo boo :thumbsu:

The post I quoted implied Geelong is west of Melbourne. Sure, south west, it is west to a certain degree. But it's like saying Apollo Bay is west of Geelong.

If someone asked where Geelong is in comparison to Melbourne, saying west would not give the person a decent idea of where it is.

The post I quoted implied Geelong is west of Melbourne. Sure, south west, it is west to a certain degree. But it's like saying Apollo Bay is west of Geelong.

If someone asked where Geelong is in comparison to Melbourne, saying west would not give the person a decent idea of where it is.

Thanks for clearing those details up for us, you must be a blast at parties!

Gee-long supporters on this site are the David Brent of Bigfooty. Going around thinking they're amazingly astute, intelligent and witty, completely unaware that everyone else thinks they're pathetic, lame, unfunny and complete tools.

... and Western Bulldogs supporters on this site are the Gareth Keenan of BigFooty. Going around thinking that they - and their club - are actually respected by people, completely unaware that everyone else thinks they're obnoxious, offensive rednecks.

a turnaround that you could dream of has been realised.

Simpleton, we have turned things around.

No, we havent won another flag before you gleefully remind us, but the club is in the best shape its ever been financially thanks to the hard work of the administration and our supporters.

So feck off telling us that we can only 'dream' of accomplishing a turnaround like Geelong's, you clearly do not know shit about how far the dogs have come along in the last few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... and Western Bulldogs supporters on this site are the Gareth Keenan of BigFooty. Going around thinking that they - and their club - are actually respected by people, completely unaware that everyone else thinks they're obnoxious, offensive rednecks.
Pretty accurate. You can add that they think they've achieved things when they haven't and they try to look good but are always unfashionable.

Imitation is the best form of flattery, cheers.

Should also add, I'm totally shocked that someone supporting Gee-long couldnt come up with something original.

Creativity, along with the excitement, simply never stops down at marvellous little Geelong does it.

So feck off telling us that we can only 'dream' of accomplishing a turnaround like Geelong's, you clearly do not know shit about how far the dogs have come along in the last few years.
Memo: Mofra.

One upset poster.

not only "on this site". the 1/1/2010 geelong supporter IN GENERAL is a far cry from the 28/12/2007 supporter..... most seem to have forgotten where it was they came from before the annihilation of the tealsters the following day

Imitation is the best form of flattery, cheers.

Should also add, I'm totally shocked that someone supporting Gee-long couldnt come up with something original.

Creativity, along with the excitement, simply never stops down at marvellous little Geelong does it.

We're the backwards ones, yet your location is listed as "bound for Germany 2006." May as well be "still celebrating '54."

not only "on this site". the 1/1/2010 geelong supporter IN GENERAL is a far cry from the 28/12/2007 supporter..... most seem to have forgotten where it was they came from before the annihilation of the tealsters the following day

So you're saying that a premiership - or two - isn't allowed to change our perspective on things? It's not allowed to give us renewed faith and confidence in our team/club?

I'm only 25 but I have been through a lot of disappointment and heartache courtesy of Geelong... grand final losses, finals chokes and all round terrible seasons (see 2006). I haven't forgotten any of the bad times, and it makes the good times all the more sweet.

You might want to take a bigger sample than just you and a couple of ignorant mates before declaring that's what everyone thinks, that's not just football but the world in general.

You might get a surprise by the response about who EVERYONE considers the obnoxious one's to be.

Question, why are you Geelong boys who are generally are a pretty good mob getting into bed with this Carlton scum and backing his rather mediocre Thread?

Mainly because I am continually astounded by the attitudes by the majority of WB supporters recently, despite not actually achieving anything of note, even having the audacity to denegrate the recent successes of not only Geelong, but also Hawthorn & St.Kilda. All without any basis whatsoever.

Put simply 3-4 years down the bottom of the ladder would have a crippling effect on your side, moreso than any of the other Vic based club, yet some of your guys (not only here, but friends and work colleagues) pump around like they are Dermie in a Frankston nightclub circa 1986, all with very little reason to.

Mainly because I am continually astounded by the attitudes by the majority of WB supporters recently, despite not actually achieving anything of note, even having the audacity to denegrate the recent successes of not only Geelong, but also Hawthorn & St.Kilda. All without any basis whatsoever.

Now Bobby. You are a good poster. I enjoy your work. And whilst I realise that we have achieved nothing of note in several decades (and that was the same as you guys a mere three years ago), you have got to be kidding yourself with your comments above. Bay 13 is a regular shitfight when it comes to Geelong and Hawthorn posters hammering one another and some of the disrespect that you blokes have shown towards St. Blunda, St. Failure or whatever lameass nicknames you prefer to call them is nothing short of mind-boggling. I didn't realise that XXX5 got under your skin so much. And if you are referring to Mofra.... please! One of the more original and funnier posters in the Bay. No audacity. No arrogance. Just some good natured piss-taking that seems to go over the heads of some of your mates.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you barracked for Failscray.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back