If you could have one

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldstein is only about 1.5 years older than Zac and is a better ruckman. :p He is playing hurt and beat him 36 hitouts to 14.

Good kid though, will be a top class player.

Zac Smith: He is like a Cox and Sandilands combination, yet he is only 21 years old, i think.
Joel Selwood: ... speechless
Dale Thomas: Do I even need to explain??

SOOOOO HARD TO CHOOSE FROM... BUT... JOEL SELWOOD COMES OUT ON TOP!!!

Sandilands.... I don't care how old he is, he is the best ruckman in the AFL currently. If you put a Sandilands up against a mature Zac Smith, He would still demolish, like he does against every ruckman he is up against. However, in a 6 year run, Sandilands + Cox would have both retired leaving Zac Smith the best ruckman.
So basically you are saying that after Sandi and Cox, Zac smith is the best ruckman and will be #1 after they both retire?

There is alot of water to pass under the bridge but I can think of a few who will be competing with him for the best ruckman title in 5 or 6 years time - kreuzer, mumford, nick nat, goldstein, leuenberger, possibly mcevoy...might be forgetting a few others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HURLEY!

Riewoldt
Hurley
Cotchin
Astbury
Rance
Vickery in ruck..

Solid spine right there..... Others in contention would have to be Kreuzer, Smith, Selwood, Fyfe, Hill, Dangerfield, Cyril and Shuey.

Selwood would be no good for me because by the time we are playing off in the final for the premiership thee will be too much wear and tear.

Thomas is a bit old for us also in my opinion for new recruits
dont be a buzz kill man, just because hes a bloody gun and not in our team doesnt mean you have to say he's too old for us?? hes only 23 ffs.
if he's too old then foley, deledio, newman and tuck are too old for us.
why dont we just tell everyone in our team over 23 years old to retire eh??

Rucks: Goldstein, Leuenberger or Zac Smith

KPD: Frawley or Jamison

KPF: Cloke, Kennedy or Taylor Walker

Flankers: Rioli, Fyfe, Thomas

Midfielders: Dangerfield, Boak, Hill, Shuey or Murphy

Far there is way too many. If we needed anyone most though it would have to be a key defender. So Frawly due to his age.

Goldstein is very underrated.

The thing with Smith is he is just starting his learning curve so his progression/upside is enormous

I agree, Snith is a terrific young kid and you would be stoked if he was at your club.

Goldy only started playing football as an 18 year old, his development even in the last 12 months has been phenomenal. As sad as it sounds, it has taken a long-term injury to McIntosh for him to get the opportunity to ruck as much as most other #1 ruckmen at other clubs do.

dont be a buzz kill man, just because hes a bloody gun and not in our team doesnt mean you have to say he's too old for us?? hes only 23 ffs.
if he's too old then foley, deledio, newman and tuck are too old for us.
why dont we just tell everyone in our team over 23 years old to retire eh??

The difference is Lids is more durable than Selwood IMO. The other thing is lids is already on our list so if we get Selwood we have 2 instead of 1 at a certain age. I am coming from the list composition angle regarding the team not just the individual player who, don't get me wrong, is a current star!

At 29 Lids will be more value and be still good while Selwood could be not the same as in his youth.

Nothing wrong with Tuck or Newie but you have to play the cards life deals you to succeed as much as you want. If it means you might have to move to get a premiership before your times up thats the a good observation like not putting your hand on the oven if that is what you want, You have to know the limitations to be a good decision maker which is something one can control. Richo was a star but with the overall list we had he was struggling to win the premiership with us. The players won't be saying that in 5-6 years!!! Things are looking up!!

BTW in about 8 years time you will have some players playing for 6 clubs in their career. This is something clubs have to embrace particularly the Melbourne clubs as it improves their competitive advantage as less impact on VIC based players. It is not players are not loyal, it is just a measure of what clubs and players will need to do as the competition gets tougher to suceed in!!!

We need a 5-10 ruckman. Cox is too old, so it would be between Nicnat and Smith and I like Smith.

Otherwise:
1. Selwood
2. Franklin
3. Frawley
4. Pendlebury or Rioli or Fyfe or Hill

1. Joel Selwood
2. Dyson Heppell
3. Tom Scully

I wonder how many mentions Dustin Martin and Trent Cotchin would get if this question was begged to opposition supporters.:D

I cant believe Franklin isnt most peoples first choice. He is the best KPF in the game by so far it isnt funny, yet can still get around the ground like a midfielder at a pretty elite level.

Franklin is my choice then daylight before I can think of anyone else.

If we had Franklin we would be top 4 this year already.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you could have one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back