If you were Gold Coast List Manager?

Remove this Banner Ad

Woud look to add some free agents to the midfield develops.

Trade prestia to tigers for pick 6.

Only deal with hawks for omeara if their 2016 & 2017 first round picks on table plus lovell.

Trade 4 & 8 to Essendon for 1 & 37

Offer Harvey, Dal Santo one year deals.

Offer brisbane pick 6 for Rockliff. And give rockliff a nice big contract.

If that fails try same with swans for mitchell.

Trade abblett to cats for players like koldashnijs brother, Jackson thurlow.

Team
B Malceski May Saad
hb Koldashnij.thompson Harbrow
c Dal Santo Rockliff Martin
Hf Miller Lynch Harvey
F Day. wright Garlett
r Nicholls Hall Swallow
Int Mckenzie Lonergan Rischetelli koldashnij

Emg McLuggage, Bowes, Scheer

Would completely start fresh and admit it failed the first time. Problem with asking for players is right now not many would want to go ther . If they recruited as many kids as possible in this year and next year I think that would be the way to go, they seem to have built a stronger culture and football department with eade there. 3 years from now start challenging with a lot of there original core in Lynch , may, Thompson, Miller, kolo , Wright In the perfect age bracket 24-26 .

I'm surprised that this trade actually is fairly balanced in points
4 + 8 = 2034 + 1551 = 3585
1 + 37 = 3000 + 483 = 3483
Would still be a crazy trade by GCS in a deep draft unless they believe that Brisbane will bid on Bowes and really rate one of the non-academy players.

Would still be a crazy trade by GCS in a deep draft unless they believe that Brisbane will bid on Bowes and really rate one of the non-academy players.

I agree, but I was surprised by the points valuation. My feeling might be partially influenced because apparently there's no stand-out #1 this year.

Would completely start fresh and admit it failed the first time. Problem with asking for players is right now not many would want to go ther . If they recruited as many kids as possible in this year and next year I think that would be the way to go, they seem to have built a stronger culture and football department with eade there. 3 years from now start challenging with a lot of there original core in Lynch , may, Thompson, Miller, kolo , Wright In the perfect age bracket 24-26 .
Listening to Jason Dunstall on the radio yesterday, he shared a similar opinion to this.
Rather than being averse to loading up on more draft picks, compile as many as possible towards the top end and nail the draft this year. It could almost end up being as good as having another compromised draft for them, similar to what they had in their first 2 years. Just need to have a greater success rate than they have previously. It means accepting that your current list isn't going to get it done and is need of a retool, and it means a few more down years, but at least it might give them a chance to really contend at some point.

In: Pick #6 Out: Prestia
In: Deledio Out: Pick #21 and Pick #40
In: Witts Out: Pick #24
In: 2017 Hawks 1st rounder and O'Brien Out: O'Meara
In: Tom Mitchell Out: Pick #8
In: Barlow Out: Pick #27

Overall:
In: Pick #6, 2017 Hawks 1st rounder, Deledio, Witts, Mitchell, Barlow, O'Brien
Out: Prestia, O'Meara, Picks #8, #21, #24, #27, #40

Remaining picks: #4, #6, #22, #58

Gets a spare ruck to back up Nicholls, beefs up the midfield. Add class for a mid/fwd with Deledio. Adds another versatile forward in O'Brien.

Still two top 10 draft picks.

Edit: Best 22

FB: Harbrow, Thompson, Martin
CBD: Saad, May, KK
Mids: Rosa, Miller, Swallow
CHF: Hall, Lynch, Deledio
FF: Matera, Wright, Ablett
RR: Nicholls, Mitchell, Barlow
Int: Witts, O'Brien, Malceski, Ritz

Last edited:
I think it's the most interesting club to have that role. They have very good picks and there's significant player movement happening. Sure it's a challenge but that's what you want.
I can see where you're coming from but not much fun if they all want to go home after 2-3 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First priority would be a contested ball winning mid to protect their younger lighter bodied types (the players Clayton loves).

Adelaide have Lyons & CEY, I'd ask about either one of them. They've made an offer to Jong too which is a step in the right direction.
I'd look at a ruck for depth, and after that go to the draft with picks. They paid a lot for guys who are no longer there and can't afford to top up with 27, 28 year olds again who will be dropping off as their current crop hit their prime.

Geez your stretching it a bit there. We now have 2 in total that have left to "go home"...
Caddy & Prestia.

O'Meara is going to his girlfriend. His home is W.A.
Let me re-phrase then.
"Not much fun if they all want to LEAVE"
Does it really matter where they go? The one constant is they ain't staying at GC!

Pestia for 6
Jäger for Hawthorns first this and next year
Hawthorns 2017 first and GC 2017 third for Pick 7 from GWS
Hawthorns 2016 First and picks 21 and 24 to Carlton for pick 5

Go to the draft with 4,5,6,7,8,22 and 27.
Could give them 5 picks in the top 10 and also get Bowes and Scheer later. The only player I would be tradeing for is Jong who could come cheaply otherwise just FA's

Didn't want to open a new thread. How many spots will GC have? So far 6 picks inside 40 plus what they get for Ablett.
I think 3 delisted on the main list so far.
Depends how are list sits after trade period. Hopefully upgrade a few picks

1. Forgot the past and judge your list as it is.
2. Make medium/long term decisions.
3. Pick character over talent.
4. Bring in leadership like Bartel and co for the short term. Not for wins but to teach professional behaviours.
5. Forgot the "messiah" mentality. Build a collective attitude.
6. Pick players who like warm weather and beaches.
7. Develop your academy.
8. Trade out players who don't want to be here like Ablett. Take pick 19 and run.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you were Gold Coast List Manager?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back