If you're not at the GF live what will you be doing?

Remove this Banner Ad

bigton08

Premiership Player
Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can't go cause of finances... Plan to get near the biggest telly down a few cool ones have my son decked out in hawks colours yell at the telly and just hope like hell we can do it!
So proud overwhelmed with pride and am pinching myself!!! Love this club... OMG we can do this!!!

I'll be at a mates place. He too is a Hawks man. I dare say I'll be cracking open my first can around 11, we'll cook up a huge feast on the barbie, then settle in at around 1.30 to take in all the pre match talk. Hopefully a cracking day outside so we can have a kick at half time, provided i can still stand up.

I have a mate with a huge TV have decided I'm there regardless ...can't get too hammered have a little guy to take care of too...just going to soak it in watch the north Melbourne GF breakfast as I was at it last year(le sigh)..... Just can't wait .. Absolutely so excited

I have been very fortunate to work with a bunch of people who I would consider amongst my very best friends. ...I recently got a promotion, and although that's fantastic, I'm super sad to be leaving.

You've guessed it - my last day at work is Grand Final day(!!!!!)

I'm in the UK. Kick off is at 5.30am, I'm not certain if the game will be totally wrapped up by the time I need to leave for work at 8.30am.

The alternative is to leave it until Saturday evening, stay off the internet and PRAY TO THE GODS that nobody blurts out the result - but it means waiting until after work, AND after-work drinks...which will be a challenge.

Damn, first world problems, or what?

Driving from Toowoomba to Sydney to watch the Broncos in the NRL GF. If i could, I would leave Friday and be at the MCG. Then go to Sydney Saturday. However, I will find a pub North of Sydney to watch The Mighty Hawks!

Got a big day at the Criterion in Brissy planned with some mates, should be special! My mates are Saints, Lions, Pies & Swans fans, so I know even though it is our 4th GF in a row that we are playing off in, that I'll never take days like this for granted!!!

I'll be at a mates place. He too is a Hawks man. I dare say I'll be cracking open my first can around 11, we'll cook up a huge feast on the barbie, then settle in at around 1.30 to take in all the pre match talk. Hopefully a cracking day outside so we can have a kick at half time, provided i can still stand up.

Sounds like my day. Hosting again this year. Bbq lunch, first beer around 11:30ish, kick of the footy at half time etc. love grand final day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we'll be at t he G.. but while on t he subject

last year we had a superstions thread.. you know what folks did on GF day... now that was great.. and it works too!

i so want to go to the Grand Final..... i'm 41 been to two live grannies 08,14(i know i shouldn't complain)..I've had no holidays all year ...been doing it tough for a while I just love my club so much I think this is it for them..I can't see us in top 4 next year...i may never get a chance again....it could be 40 years before another one....who knows...maybe never again..I found the experience quite stressful last year and in 08 but being there is surreal at the G...you leave on top of the world if you win....Travelling from Brissie too is not easy....I spent a lot of money for 08 and 14 grannies but I had to wait 17 yrs for the 08 one and That day was magical!And It was Crawfs last match.

Last edited:
Up at 530am, suppressing all jealousies of not being there, and savouring the joy of seeing the boys again on the big day. Unless I win tonights lottery...
you need to win the lottery too/...all my live GF's I've had crap seats and an opposition function to go to...last year i had a panic attack as I was so far up in the stand I thought I was going to die...I had to take a valium to get through it but as we dismantled the swines the drugs kicked in and everything was sweet as...

I'm in the UK. Kick off is at 5.30am, I'm not certain if the game will be totally wrapped up by the time I need to leave for work at 8.30am.
The game will be done 3 hours after the bounce. You'll see the end.

I'll be in my living room screaming at the telly for the game!!
It'll be great to experience Grand Final week though. Always lots of of fun and stress when your team gets into the Granny.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're not at the GF live what will you be doing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back