I'm sick of the club and coach bashing

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, you'd probably be best served reading the posts I was responding to.

Yes, BF is all about opinions. Part of that is where people dribble on with braindead rubbish, then others just might feel free to shoot them down.

Now, if you hold one or two of these opinions, I might raise the eyebrows but meh, not worth commenting on. If you hold them all, I will liken you to a pre-schooler. If that's arrogant, then so be it. You won't be able to persuade me that his collection of opinions is anything but juvenile or braindead.

Personally, I don't agree with the strength of the original comments, nor the content in some cases, but I get the general sentiment. Regardless, there's no need to attack the poster for different views which is close to, if not, personal abuse IMO. Read Lidge's "Forum Rules - a reminder" thread, stickied for eternity...
Please (re-)familarise yourselves with the rules on here.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/faq.ph...aq_forum_rules

Golden Rules:

• No personal abuse
  • Differences of opinion are perfectly fine

Sometimes it seems this is only upheld if we agree with the opinions. There is plenty of stuff posted I disagree vehemently with, but I don't go slagging others. May I suggest using "ignore"?

Personally, I don't agree with the strength of the original comments, nor the content in some cases, but I get the general sentiment. Regardless, there's no need to attack the poster for different views which is close to, if not, personal abuse IMO.

Fair enough.

Just so we're clear on this, you're suggesting that me using the terms "pre-school", "juvenile" and "braindead" to describe the said opinion is close to, if not, personal abuse?

OK.

But calling another poster "pathetic and disingenuous" is not close to, if not, personal abuse, I assume:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=17570035#post17570035

Just so we're clear on this.

Just so we're clear on this, you're suggesting that me using the terms "pre-school", "juvenile" and "braindead" to describe the said opinion is close to, if not, personal abuse?

OK.

But calling another poster "pathetic and disingenuous" is not close to, if not, personal abuse, I assume:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=17570035#post17570035

Just so we're clear on this.
Happy to be hoisted on my own pettard! :) If I am honest with myself I tend to see our own kind as more deserving of respect for different opinions. Less so for opposition suppporters who troll or taunt. In this case those prepared to flagrantly suggest Melbourne's cheating was acceptable.

As for dealing out plenty of crap, I would have thought my role as Centreman for the BF "Good Guys" suggested otherwise? :D

Personally, I don't agree with the strength of the original comments, nor the content in some cases, but I get the general sentiment. Regardless, there's no need to attack the poster for different views which is close to, if not, personal abuse IMO. Read Lidge's "Forum Rules - a reminder" thread, stickied for eternity...

Sometimes it seems this is only upheld if we agree with the opinions. There is plenty of stuff posted I disagree vehemently with, but I don't go slagging others. May I suggest using "ignore"?

+1:thumbsu:

Stray from the flock at your own peril.

I think at the end of the day if they are doing the right things like going against the GC/relocation issue, getting a membership and going to some games then I'm definitely willing to endure the vitriol. A lot of these guys are very passionate and just trying to vent their frustration when something they love isn't going their way. I think we're all guilty of it somewhere along the line anyway.

I personally have decided to just stick by my predicted timeline that 2011 and 2012 will see improvements but still be up and down, 2013 people will really sit up and take notice, and 2014 beyond we will be genuine contenders with a possible flag in 2015/2016. If I reassess every couple of months and we are tracking along those lines then I'm not too fussed. The only thing that will get my back up is if at the end of this year we don't address some issues we have on the list.

Yes, BF is all about opinions. Part of that is where people dribble on with braindead rubbish, then others just might feel free to shoot them down.

Or maybe you agree with:

1. how can you cheer for a team that has dave hale as their main man.
2. scott mcmahon thinks he's an elite rebounding defender, when really he is absolutely hopeless. and what's with his g*y goatee?
3. boomer, ziebell, bastinac and hansen only blokes worth watching.
4. Swallow is a solid player. is missing something though... doesnt have what it takes to be elite.
5. (my favourite) Wells has no heart.
6. Petrie, Rawlings good battlers.
7. (yeah, this one's good too) Spud putrid,
8. Narni is okay
9. Cunnington over rated junior. dominated cause he was a man child. (loving this pearl of wisdom) wasted pick there.

Now, if you hold one or two of these opinions, I might raise the eyebrows but meh, not worth commenting on. If you hold them all, I will liken you to a pre-schooler. If that's arrogant, then so be it. You won't be able to persuade me that his collection of opinions is anything but juvenile or braindead.

Mate, Where in my post did i say i agree with him???? and its beside the point even if i do agree with him.

My point is he put across his opinion and instead of coming back with your own opinions on what he said you decided to make it personel.

Then you bring up gems of BRAIN DEAD and JUVENILE, have you ever met the person?

The more i read posts on this site and how much we bag our own supporters for having different views is just making me sick. I thought we were better than this but obviously not.

Mate, Where in my post did i say i agree with him???? and its beside the point even if i do agree with him.

My point is he put across his opinion and instead of coming back with your own opinions on what he said you decided to make it personel.

Then you bring up gems of BRAIN DEAD and JUVENILE, have you ever met the person?

The more i read posts on this site and how much we bag our own supporters for having different views is just making me sick. I thought we were better than this but obviously not.
This.

I wouldn't take it so seriously TROOROO. The written word can make a post like "What would you know ya d!ckhead?" appear cutting but doesn't mean it was intended that way. It can be easily misconstrued.

Relax and post away.

Yeah, with any luck! ;)

- "Geez, the North Mods are stuffed, Nev."

- "Stuffed !"

- "They're stuffed !!"

- "STUFFED !!"

0.jpg

- "Best Mods in the world though."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't got a problem with the team losing at the moment, we need to remember they are still young and need time, look at Melb and Rich, have been shit for years and still are.

The difference between us and them, is that the media protect them from critisism, using comments like their young and inexperienced, just look at the papers. As for us, our young players hardly get a mention, only if its negative, we don't get any grace from the media, onlt to say we need to relocate.

The only bashing of the club would be to our adminastration, for not standing strong and making a stand on the media bashing we get , without any resistance to the constan't bashing we recieve, it will only continue.

I'm not all that concerned with the on-field results, it was a strong possibility that we were going to have a crap year. My only real disappointment is we don't seem to have tried to do too much different against decent opposition, as if the last few times were an aberration rather than problems with the lineups, the style, etc.

I don't really care if this current plan will get us to a premiership, we should have a plan B and we must have a plan to stop dead momentum against us. We are getting kicked in the nuts and we aren't really making an attempt to protect the jewels.

Also, our skills are still terrible, our skills are terrible even with a pretty talented group of people in the middle. That is a concern.

This thread and others like it are ridiculous.

What some call player and coach bashing, I call analysis. If an organisation is way underperforming and there's some kind of review, chances are it's not going to be pretty reading.

We're getting smashed every second week, so it's natural for people to post their opinions on why this is happening ... and it's obviously going to involve some harsh assessments.

The dreamworld for people who support the OP's sentiment is when we we're sitting at the top of the table not having lost a game.

Club bashing is a totally different story, unless the Duffmeister is in charge trying to ship us to the GC, and we have a totally ineffectual CEO a la Aylett junior.

David Hale is still a crap FF.

Fact is you can't use the reason of youth for our poor performance against the Dorkers. Our average age and average games were very similiar.

what you can use for a reason is a lack of talent is too many key area's. This is what is of great concern.

Or maybe you agree with:

1. how can you cheer for a team that has dave hale as their main man.
2. scott mcmahon thinks he's an elite rebounding defender, when really he is absolutely hopeless. and what's with his g*y goatee?
3. boomer, ziebell, bastinac and hansen only blokes worth watching.
4. Swallow is a solid player. is missing something though... doesnt have what it takes to be elite.
5. (my favourite) Wells has no heart.
6. Petrie, Rawlings good battlers.
7. (yeah, this one's good too) Spud putrid,
8. Narni is okay
9. Cunnington over rated junior. dominated cause he was a man child. (loving this pearl of wisdom) wasted pick there.

number 5 thats my favourite kangas:p;)

did someone actually say number 9??, baffling:confused:

Swallow is a solid player. is missing something though... doesnt have what it takes to be elite. Wells has no heart. Petrie, Rawlings good battlers. Spud putrid, Narni is okay, Cunnington over rated junior. dominated cause he was a man child. wasted pick there.

will win sid barker this year............footy newbie should sit in the corner and earn your stripes with CONTRUCTIVE critism.

Seriously people, lets have a little calm please...........we need to get games into the younger players. what do the experts say ?? after 50 or so games then we'll see some consistency?? Most pundits here know we have a heap of them under the 50 game mark and who's to say some of them may need more than the 50?? For all of those people whinning ..what do you propose we do?? get rid of them all and start again?? just be patient and let those in charge do their job and get the club back into a respected force in the AFL again....otherwise the richmond footy club admin office can be found in punt rd, for those who want to leave, you'll probably find yourself amongst people very similar to yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sick of the club and coach bashing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back