Imagine the cats with Jonno Brown !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

we might as well tell teams to not turn up to matches, seriously he would kick 100 goals easily imo

but realisticly, they will struggle to keep their current list with all the pay rises that are due

we might as well tell teams to not turn up to matches, seriously he would kick 100 goals easily imo

but realisticly, they will struggle to keep their current list with all the pay rises that are due

only chappy is left to sign from our key players. We have done a ripping job. :thumbsu:

only chappy is left to sign from our key players. We have done a ripping job. :thumbsu:

You have. I respect Geelong based on what the players have accomplished in the past 12 months. Taking pay cuts (even though they could get double at other clubs) in order to be apart of another premiership is fantastic. Well done Geelong :thumbsu::thumbsu: Great player management :thumbsu::thumbsu: :)

good thought....... i would love to know who would go where if the old recuriting zones were still working. maybe someone can research or start a thread. IE, scott west would be a bomber, as would craig bradley, but that is a differnt talk for a differnt thread

You have. I respect Geelong based on what the players have accomplished in the past 12 months. Taking pay cuts (even though they could get double at other clubs) in order to be apart of another premiership is fantastic. Well done Geelong :thumbsu::thumbsu: Great player management :thumbsu::thumbsu: :)

I think this has more to do with the players themselves rather than the management. The players are the ones who have offered to take the pay cuts to stay together, more credit to the players and less to the management in my opinion.

I reckon he would hinder the Cats.

One of the Cats strengths is the multi pronged attack. I came to realise this after seeing the decimate us a few weeks back. With the ball coming through the midfield so quick the opposition's defenders have no idea which forward will get the ball.

The way Brown plays and fits into Brisbane, most forward attacks go through him. Thus Geelong would have to change their gameplan to accomodate him. A change that would not really be that beneficial.

If you could play him in place of Cam Mooney, maybe. But why waste the Salary Cap room when Mooney is already there being paid less coin.

Would look good on paper though.

One of the Cats strengths is the multi pronged attack. I came to realise this after seeing the decimate us a few weeks back. With the ball coming through the midfield so quick the opposition's defenders have no idea which forward will get the ball.

The way Brown plays and fits into Brisbane, most forward attacks go through him. Thus Geelong would have to change their gameplan to accomodate him. A change that would not really be that beneficial.

If you could play him in place of Cam Mooney, maybe. But why waste the Salary Cap room when Mooney is already there being paid less coin.

Very accurate post

Brown would struggle with Mooney Johnson and if you got Brown 1 of Hawkins or N Ablett would have to go

Fantastic reply and spot on!:thumbsu:

Well yes they'd be even more awesome and all that but...

..did you think there weren't already enough self-fellating Geelong threads out there?

I don't know. Maybe you should ask the Hawthorn support who started this thread.. You should of read the opening post (so you could see that he wasn't a Geelong supporter) before you carry on for no reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this has more to do with the players themselves rather than the management. The players are the ones who have offered to take the pay cuts to stay together, more credit to the players and less to the management in my opinion.

Bit of a hypothetical here...

If you were a key player at Geelong right now, would you rather;
A) get paid an extra $100 - $150k per year for the next 5 years?
or
B) be a part of a football dynasty, potentially the equal or better of the Lions 01-04?

It appears that Geelong have an excess of the type of player that would choose the latter. Good on 'em too. I love watching them play and their dominance is good for footy as it sets a very high benchmark for other clubs.

good thought....... i would love to know who would go where if the old recuriting zones were still working. maybe someone can research or start a thread. IE, scott west would be a bomber, as would craig bradley, but that is a differnt talk for a differnt thread

Ehh bugger it, this thread will do!

Just out of curiousity how would Craig Bradley have been a bomber? He played his junior footy in Pooraka and then later progressed to higher ranks at the magpies. As far as I know he was born in SA, yes? So how would this tie him to the bombers?

Cheers

I dont understand why Joel Corey, Paul Chapman or Darren Milburn would want to leave to go to another club. At Geelong, they can sit back, knowing they are going to be third or fourth banana behind Ablett and Bartel, where if they left for Essendon they would immediately realise football isnt as fun or as easy as they thought it was. It's common sense. Besides, it's not like they are getting paid a pittance.

I dont understand why Joel Corey, Paul Chapman or Darren Milburn would want to leave to go to another club. At Geelong, they can sit back, knowing they are going to be third or fourth banana behind Ablett and Bartel, where if they left for Essendon they would immediately realise football isnt as fun or as easy as they thought it was. It's common sense. Besides, it's not like they are getting paid a pittance.

Exactly. Case in point: Headland goes to Freo

sorry, i assumed he meant that Brown was just given to the Geelong players to do with as they wished. You know the usual cat thing of tormenting and torturing something for hours just for fun. Works for me.;)

Maybe before they ever decide to leave they should have a chat with Daniel Kerr...Or Nick Stevens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine the cats with Jonno Brown !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back