In around 24 hours Failmantle will ruin 3 more kids AFL careers

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel sorry for freo;) I mean they cant even win a premiership they blew it. Next year we will hear excuses about them getting treated unfairly by the umps and the AFL and they will also manage to blame injuries.

So you're suggesting that our injury list last season and rushing unfit players back was par for the course?

With Summa at the helm its only going to get worse for the AFL Basketcase.

Never fear, his family business chipped in to spawn plenty of talent for the WCE while he was assisting there.
No reason to see why that fertile cropland wont continue to flourish...

cabbage.jpg

If injuries were the problem.... why was Mark Harvey sacked :eek:

Without being cleared by the meds they would not have played. So Mark Harvey cops the blame for your medical teams fault.

My point was that if you state that injuries were used as an 'excuse', then you must feel the number of injuries we had were normal for a standard season, compared to any other team.

If you agree that our injury list was significant and led to decisions that caused under-prepared players to come back in, and injuries recur (see: Sandilands) - then you also realise that it was a valid justification for our season.

The issue surrounding Mark indicates that the club felt that a better option was available. Whether part of the reason for the change was related to the injury issue or not we'll never know - only that the club felt that a better long term option was available to improve the club and they took it.

Incidentally to the Coast supporters - if you look at 2010 vs 2011 and the performance of your club over that time, how much of it can be put down to improvements in -

1) game plan
2) player availability and uninterrupted preparation in pre-season
3) good run with injuries
4) a decent draw *

* while it does help i don't consider it too important for the sake of the exercise since it's the one thing outside of the control of each club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incidentally to the Coast supporters - if you look at 2010 vs 2011 and the performance of your club over that time, how much of it can be put down to improvements in -

1) game plan
2) player availability and uninterrupted preparation in pre-season
3) good run with injuries
4) a decent draw *

* while it does help i don't consider it too important for the sake of the exercise since it's the one thing outside of the control of each club

Having a successful culture , compared to Failmantle who conceed defeat at all costs. :thumbsu:

Having a successful culture , compared to Failmantle who conceed defeat at all costs. :thumbsu:

By that logic how did you manage to win a spoon then? :) Successful culture? Well you certainly were successful at it

My comments were as much the reasons behind 2010 as the improvement to 2011

That and watch our team win finals rare arse. :thumbsu:

How did that work out for you? The only team who can gloat about 2011 is Geelong. Carlton are getting in early and gloating about coming second in 2012. But you still lost a final - and in the end came out with nothing.

How did that work out for you? The only team who can gloat about 2011 is Geelong. Carlton are getting in early and gloating about coming second in 2012. But you still lost a final - and in the end came out with nothing.

If only 1 team can gloat over a season why do you bother watching, following footy? You will never win a premiership and never be able to gloat about anything.

Finals experience is paramount to building a premiership team. Teams rarely win flags without consecutive finals appearances. The kids learn the pace and intensity and you build from that.

It's never a waste.

Unless you're Freo, St Kilda or the Bulldogs. :eek:

Finals experience is paramount to building a premiership team. Teams rarely win flags without consecutive finals appearances. The kids learn the pace and intensity and you build from that.
It's never a waste.

Yeah I'll concede the point regarding development and experience :) It's still only part of the journey though and not the destination

Coming second is still coming second. Bit like the St Kilda supporters who refuse to acknowledge their loss in 2010. We get excited when our teams improve and show potential, gain experience and develop, but we're there for them to win

It's never a waste.

Unless you're Freo, St Kilda or the Bulldogs. :eek:

Were you unconcious during 2010 ?

Or on holidays with wankbat.

Freo will play finals next year, bookmark it brah :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

In around 24 hours Failmantle will ruin 3 more kids AFL careers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back