In around 24 hours Failmantle will ruin 3 more kids AFL careers

Remove this Banner Ad

WA ROO a docker member :confused::confused: Identity crisis much?

For someone who should know better, you really... should know better then. We'll make finals
Member of both clubs
North because that is where the heart lives
Freo so I get to see AFL live

Was going to stop the Freo membership for 2012 but wife had already paid it

9 yr Docker member
I see freo live 9-11 times per season

Next

Maybe if you put the money you spend on your freo tickets into your own club they wouldnt have to keep lining up at AFL house for their dole cheque and walking around like beggars asking for donations.

Maybe if you put the money you spend on your freo tickets into your own club they wouldnt have to keep lining up at AFL house for their dole cheque and walking around like beggars asking for donations.
Seeing as the club is reaching out to MEMBERS and not the general footballing public to help eliminate the debt.We are not "walking around like beggars"

Where do you think I was going to put the money I would have saved not buying a Freo membership?

How did that work out for you? The only team who can gloat about 2011 is Geelong. Carlton are getting in early and gloating about coming second in 2012. But you still lost a final - and in the end came out with nothing.

We came out with plenty. We did well enough to sure up Woosha as our coach (thank god) which in turn meant we finally managed to get rid of Sumich (thank god) :thumbsu:

Bit harsh :) I'll never begrudge a guy that spends money on freo tickets or membership. His heart may live in the wrong place, but his head is alright

Back to dissing your club legends. Deja vu - we already did this earlier in the thread

You guys were calling for wooshas head in your own forums not so long ago.

Suma was a club legend as a player... as a coach he was a waste of space.

I think you'll find those wanting a change with Woosha were in the minority... the same experts that get upset whenever you lose 2 games in a row and start declaring the end of the world as we know it.

This guy is probably like half of your members, they don't even support your plastic, bit part club they just want to see some live footy. Without them you would only have the 5000 hippies and buskers who even care to vote for your club song

Bit harsh :) I'll never begrudge a guy that spends money on freo tickets or membership. His heart may live in the wrong place, but his head is alright

It depend's, their are different types of nuetrals who rock up to Freo games. Those that have a soft spot for freo and perhaps even have freo as their second side are fine as are those who are truly neutral and just enjoy a good game of football. The worst type are those, generally eagles supporters, who rock up with their docker memberships and do nothing but continually heap shit on the team. More than happy to not have those sort of people members of our club.

This guy is probably like half of your members, they don't even support your plastic, bit part club they just want to see some live footy. Without them you would only have the 5000 hippies and buskers who even care to vote for your club song

You're right - at least with your members they don't even hang around to watch the live footy when times are tough - they just walk out. Or turn feral after the loss to Geelong. Excellent supporter base that one ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you come to a freo game you will realise there is a lot more than 5000 people cheering on the team. But it could be worse we could have a club where the only people who can watch us are a bunch of menopausal middle aged nanna's who quaff chardonnay, whinge and moan about how rough the other team are and stop to clap when the guy with the dreaddies gets a handball.

If you come to a freo game you will realise there is a lot more than 5000 people cheering on the team. But it could be worse we could have a club where the only people who can watch us are a bunch of menopausal middle aged nanna's who quaff chardonnay, whinge and moan about how rough the other team are and stop to clap when the guy with the dreaddies gets a handball.

Mzungu?

It depend's, their are different types of nuetrals who rock up to Freo games. Those that have a soft spot for freo and perhaps even have freo as their second side are fine as are those who are truly neutral and just enjoy a good game of football. The worst type are those, generally eagles supporters, who rock up with their docker memberships and do nothing but continually heap shit on the team. More than happy to not have those sort of people members of our club.

This is the reason Failmantle are so against the new stadium.

They know at least 10-15k of their members couldnt give a flying shit about the pathetic club, rather they are Eagles members forced to join in order to watch live football.

When the new stadium is built and the eagles can increase the membership base , poor old failmantle will be back to sub 20k crowds and begging the AFL for more handouts.

Wont be long before they are then relocated to NIB stadium. :thumbsu:

If you come to a freo game you will realise there is a lot more than 5000 people cheering on the team.

Culture.

Aussies, majority like to cheer on the underdog.

And little brother, there is no bigger underdog then your joint.

Culture.
Aussies, majority like to cheer on the underdog.
And little brother, there is no bigger underdog then your joint.

If that is true, what happened to your supporters in 2010? Calling for heads (players and coaches), leaving games early, or just not showing up - is that 'culture'? 'cheering on the underdog'?

If that is true, what happened to your supporters in 2010? Calling for heads (players and coaches), leaving games early, or just not showing up - is that 'culture'? 'cheering on the underdog'?

Nah we weren't the underdog though, we are a successful organisation we were just shit.

Im finishing work and off to cricket training.

Enjoy the draft :heart:

Not part of the grey brigade then :p How many members are waiting In The Wings these days?

I'm a member/noteholder, and I take my knitting needles and a cheese platter to the football and applaud the young colored man with the dreadlocks when he jumps high.

I just don't like white wine.

I'm a member/noteholder, and I take my knitting needles and a cheese platter to the football and applaud the young colored man with the dreadlocks when he jumps high.

I just don't like white wine.

white in general? perhaps what you've had to date has been too dry

Remove this Banner Ad

In around 24 hours Failmantle will ruin 3 more kids AFL careers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back