In hindsight, what will be you enduring memories from last years Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, good call Glassjaw; that is the moment I will always remember too.

when he's on one knee pumping his fist the way he did after that goal i got that winning. It was because seeing that celebration meant he was feeling like a winner too.
Seeing the breathtaking goals is one thing but seeing the players get excited after a goal or a win is just as good for me. (Stevie J's and Gaz's after goals late in the prelim a perfect example)

i was so wound up i threw up before the match. had to watch it alone, at home, cause i couldn't be around other people - win, lose or draw.

wasn't till the 4th quarter that i really believed, then it's all a blur!

still, highlights:

* King being selected and playing a blinder
* Otto's run down
* Chappy's mark
* Scarlo's run from defence and domination of wetshoff

And the boys holding up the CUP!!

If I had to pick one it would probably be Nathan's one-hander in front of goal - that put us about 50 points in front and and was pretty much the sealer in my mind

Was on tv 3 times. Yes 3. Back of my head 5 mins in 1st quarter focused on us showing our view of the ground. 13 mins of play to go in the last, and just before the presentation lookin like a dick. Camera hovered all over us all day in top tier.

Game memories 20 mins before bounce i suddenly got REALLY REALLY pumped. Chappys mark, Moons 3rd qtr goal celebrating hardcore with my passout outside ground with mates i was not sittin with.

The lift of the cup itself was what i was waiting 4 and WE ARE GEELONG.

Was on tv 3 times. Yes 3. Back of my head 5 mins in 1st quarter focused on us showing our view of the ground. 13 mins of play to go in the last, and just before the presentation lookin like a dick. Camera hovered all over us all day in top tier.

Game memories 20 mins before bounce i suddenly got REALLY REALLY pumped. Chappys mark, Moons 3rd qtr goal celebrating hardcore with my passout outside ground with mates i was not sittin with.

The lift of the cup itself was what i was waiting 4 and WE ARE GEELONG.

haha
Are u the guy with the big guns and the cats beanie?
Wait im lookin at the dvd, thought u had a beanie on or something, but u were dancing and pumping your fists in the air? lol

I remember watching the Chapman goal at the start of the second quarter and realising that there was no way we could lose. I was watching the game with my brother who along with me had been a diehard Geelong fan since the day he was born. The weight lifted off my shoulders was amazing. The feeling will never be repeated for as long as I live.

i was thinking today what are the memories i will always remember...
For me what stands out is the vision of Bomber Thompson before the game as he sat down in the coaches box, u could tell he was a bit nervous...Ill also remember Mooney kicking the opening goal, nathan Abletts two in a row in the second term which sealed the game...Chappmans mark, and ill never forget the final few seconds...then the sight matty scarlett jumping up and down at the final siren...and finally i wont forget bombers and harleys speech...especially when Harley yelled out WE ARE GEELONG!

Mine has to be when the siren went just that Joy knowing we have finally won a premiership and then meeting up with the bro later for some beers.

Then to top this off having the premiership cup for a night at my hoise was a total blowout and something i will nevere ever forget.

Most of my memories are from the first quarter. The main 3, in chrono order are:

1. Stokes is carried off, Port Adelaide move the ball efficiently up to Ebert 30m out. With Geelong 1 man down, Ebert about to kick the first of the match, I thought "This cannot happen again".

2. Ablett smother and runs into an open goal. Awesome.

3. Quarter time, try to send a text message to my mum, cant do it because I am shaking. The lady next to me laughs and asks if I want her to write it. Gee I was pumped!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Jimmy's snap
- Otto's chasedown - inspirational
- Max's tackle
- Otto missing a couple of easy shots in the 2nd - here we go again...
- Mooney's goal in the 1st minute of the 3rd quarter - surely we can't lose now
- 3 quarter time was the first time I realised that at 90 points up, even with our history we couldn't possibly lose
- the bloke made up to look like a cat who reminded me of max rooke

I guess...nothing for me will ever beat the last few mins, seeing all the coaches and past players on the ground getting ready to celebrate...when the siren went total elation! and Tom Harleys WE ARE GEELONG sends a shiver up my spine every time!

Remove this Banner Ad

In hindsight, what will be you enduring memories from last years Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back