IN: Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

I listened to Triple M all day, and they never mentioned Watts playing better than Naitanui

Tripple M. Now that ends the argument. Sorry I doubted you

But what about my point about non statistical impact ?

You mean the wank factor. From what I saw, neither had that much impact so statistical maybe all there is. Watts did set up two goals but dropped a mark that was delivered poorly. Nat took a nice mark and did a few nice taps but turned the ball over a number of times.

Impact = 0 for both at the end of the day.

I'd say the umps had a bigger impact on the game

Blasphemy!

He did OK. Pretty decent for a 4th gamer. Nothing spectacular or memorable. I thought his intensity was a bit off. Took two nice grabs going against the flight in one-on-one situations, and assisted in 2 of our 5 goals.

Considering we had six contested marks, Watt's got 2, that means he had 33.3333% of our contested marks.

NN did **** all for most of the games. He was beaten in the ruck by both Jamar and Johnson and was ineffective around the ground. I'd have said that Watts played the better game, yeah.

Both will be superstar players in their respective positions. NN spent the majority of his gametime up forward, Jamar and PJ mostly took on Cox.
That being said, Watts doesn't deserve to be bagged for yesterday. More experienced heads, such as Colin Sylvia do.

WC fans, what is your team's policy on refunds. I wish to return some faulty merchandise:
PaulJohnson_Rd2008_246deep.jpg

You guys did last year with Naitanui. There are many threads that could be bumped

Can you find any evidence of me saying anything like that? I'm hardly responsible for anything any other supporters say on a site like this.

No i watched it on TV,which gave me a good idea of who played well
No, it give you a limited insight. Your not expected to follow your team over from Perth, but don't tell me you have a better idea of the game, then someone who was actually there.

I listened to Triple M all day, and they never mentioned Watts playing better than Naitanui

In the post game discussion, about 20 minutes after the game finished. If you can find a podcast or something, then go check.

But what about my point about non statistical impact ?

That was answered by my point about you not being there.

Natanui is exciting to watch, but this was not one of his better games. 2 exciting marks from poor kick outs doesn't change that.

Did you go to the game Happy Eagle? I'm guessing not.

Nah but he saw a few high leaps that saved Nic from embarresment. He's a freak athlete, but he's got a lot of work to do with the ball to become an exceptional FOOTBALLER

It was really line ball yesterday, but Naitanui has clearly had the better season

Naitanui's average game = Watt's better game

happy-eagle = fagbot

Naitanui has had the better season??? im hoping you meant game but i would still disagree with you there either way

i will say they played as well as each other.. both showed good signs but both didnt do alot... there

and id like to point out how would you know what one of watts' better games is like?? he has only played four :thumbsdown:

It was really line ball yesterday, but Naitanui has clearly had the better season

Naitanui's average game = Watt's better game

happy_eagle = fagbot

Naitanui has had the better season??? im hoping you meant game but i would still disagree with you there either way

i will say they played as well as each other.. both showed good signs but both didnt do alot... there

and id like to point out how would you know what one of watts' better games is like?? he has only played four :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol how can u say nic nat patty wack had a better season when this is watt's first game and inverted palm tree mop has played 8 with no injuries?

because nic has been playing AFL when jack's been playing VFL

by your logic, you couldn't say Gary Ablett's had a better season than Lewis Broome

because nic has been playing AFL when jack's been playing VFL

by your logic, you couldn't say Gary Ablett's had a better season than Lewis Broome

no you just manipulated my logic to present you argument when my logic was not meant to be interpreted that way...

jack had an interrupted preseason and played his first game this week...and hes saying nic nat had a better season but hes played 8 with no injuries..

it is true hes had a more prosperous season but you cant compare them two...you're using different metric systems... its like saying nic nat has travelled 10000m compared to watt's so many miles therefore nic nat has had a better season

one thing i will point out is that brad sheppard played better than tom scully.

clearly because of this, taking him at no.1 was a massive draft blunder.

scully has played all year and sheppard has just come into the team. yet sheppard showed so much more class and poise. scully is just an athlete with inept kicking skills, sheppard is a much more natural footballer.

Watts' stats from today vs. Geelong:
8 Disposals
5 Kicks
3 Handballs
0 Marks
0 Goals
1 Behinds
2 Tackles
0 Hitouts
0 Goal Assists
0 Inside 50s
3 Frees For
2 Frees Against
27 Dream Team Points (20th in team, 42nd on ground)
36 Champion Data Player Ranking Points (20th in team, 40th on ground)

And now his career stats so far:

Jack Watts (196cm 83kg) - Pick #1, 2008 National Draft
6 of a Possible 32 Games
11.33 Disposals Per Game
5.83 Kicks Per Game
5.50 Handballs Per Game
2.83 Marks Per Game
0.66 Goals Per Game
0.50 Behinds Per Game
0.66 Tackles Per Game
0.00 Hitouts Per Game
0.50 Goal Assists Per Game
1.33 Inside 50s Per Game
1.16 Frees For Per Game
1.66 Frees Against Per Game
40.33 Dream Team Points Per Game
41.50 Champion Data Player Ranking Points Per Game

(stats from Footy Wire)

Make of that what you will.

Watts' stats from today vs. Geelong:
8 Disposals
5 Kicks
3 Handballs
0 Marks
0 Goals
1 Behinds
2 Tackles
0 Hitouts
0 Goal Assists
0 Inside 50s
3 Frees For
2 Frees Against
27 Dream Team Points (20th in team, 42nd on ground)
36 Champion Data Player Ranking Points (20th in team, 40th on ground)

And now his career stats so far:

Jack Watts (196cm 83kg) - Pick #1, 2008 National Draft
6 of a Possible 32 Games
11.33 Disposals Per Game
5.83 Kicks Per Game
5.50 Handballs Per Game
2.83 Marks Per Game
0.66 Goals Per Game
0.50 Behinds Per Game
0.66 Tackles Per Game
0.00 Hitouts Per Game
0.50 Goal Assists Per Game
1.33 Inside 50s Per Game
1.16 Frees For Per Game
1.66 Frees Against Per Game
40.33 Dream Team Points Per Game
41.50 Champion Data Player Ranking Points Per Game

(stats from Footy Wire)

Make of that what you will.

Disturbing statistics.

Disturbing statistics.

in pavlichs first 18 games he averaged
12.1 disposals
0.8 goals
4.3 marks

In Browns first 13 games he averaged
9.5 disposals
0.4 goals
3.4 marks

In Reidwolts first 6 games he average
9.5 disposals
0.3 goals
and 4.3 marks

looking at watts' statistics... then looking at those statistics and the players that they became.....

Riedwolt 185 games - 409 goals
Brown 194 - 455
Pavlich 222- 439

seems like Jack is headed on a similar path :D:D:D
i really dont find those stats disturbing

Remove this Banner Ad

IN: Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back