Indian Premier League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

SUNRISERS HYDERABAD: AK REDDY, P PATEL (wk), SANGAKKARA (capt), WHITE, VIHARI, PERERA, RAVI TEJA, A MISHRA, AA REDDY, STEYN, I SHARMA

PUNE WARRIORS INDIA: UTHAPPA (wk), M PANDEY, R TAYLOR, YUVRAJ, SAMUELS, MATHEWS (capt), M MARSH, NAYAR, KUMAR, DINDA, R SHARMA
Pune could be a smokey this year. That is a serious line-up (the batting especially).

Pune fails to chase 126 with 8 batsmen in the team :D
Should make that 4 batsmen, 4 allrounders - the perils of having too many allrounders

Do you think that Marlon Samuels and Yuvraj don't count as batsmen in this format? Nothing wrong with their line-up, everything went wrong on the day. Look at Mathews getting Marsh out when he'd just hit a six.

Very good bowling from Mishra and Steyn. A treat to watch.

Much tougher wicket than it looked.

Of course I'd love to make 1 million for doing nothing. Who wouldn't?

But in all seriousness, why would they buy him for 1 mill if they aren't going to play him instead of Oram.

Also it is hilarious how quickly some Victorians come to the defence of Maxwell. "A victorian was insulted? QUICK TO THE BATMOBILE"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course I'd love to make 1 million for doing nothing. Who wouldn't?

But in all seriousness, why would they buy him for 1 mill if they aren't going to play him instead of Oram.

Also it is hilarious how quickly some Victorians come to the defence of Maxwell. "A victorian was insulted? QUICK TO THE BATMOBILE"

It was a bit of a green track, even Johnson was getting plenty of sideways movement early on. Hence why the quick was preferred. Though I'd expect Maxwell to get a game over Oram in most instances.

It was a bit of a green track, even Johnson was getting plenty of sideways movement early on. Hence why the quick was preferred. Though I'd expect Maxwell to get a game over Oram in most instances.
I would have thought on his batting alone they would pick him and spinners can be handy on any surfaces.

Be interesting to see if they pick Johnson when Malinga is available again. He's useful as a bench player.

It is good to see properly quick bowlers bowling well in this format. Steyn bowled just beautifully for Sunrisers and Johnson bowled very nicely too.

Maxwell will get a game but he really did look shite against spin in the test series.

Without sounding too whiny, this pitch has more grass on it than all of the test match pitches combined

You can expect that with all Delhi home games, our pace attack is our strength.

We can't lose this, surely? :(

Wasn't watching (thought it would be on Fox, pretty devo) but it sounds like Warner really shouldn't have gone for that single considering they had a heap of wickets and only seem to need a run a ball. Great innings by the looks of it though, just a shitty way to get out though.

I wouldn't be surprised if Maxwell doesn't get a game at all and gets to keep his million dollar for just sitting on the bench.

Remove this Banner Ad

Indian Premier League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back