****ing umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

The one thing that I have noticed this year, is that our players are not being as animated with the umpires after unfavourable or non decision. Just getting on with the job at hand. I love that about or boys. Sam was more concerned with getting defensive structure right and a tall on the mark when Waters got that free kick. Their energy and focus is going into what they have control of. Major:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: from me.

Yes Shakespeare - we are apparently "cheating" again. The spuds on the commentary last night mentioned it a couple times too. Another Hawks-inspired rules change coming right up!

And how was the incredulous form of that umpiring d*ck who pulled Buddy half up through his run-up at the shot on goal prior to half time. You know, just to remind him about playing on... o_O

The AFL should provide a list of umpiring decisions for and against, by umpire, by team. There will be some alarming trends picked up if it was done and reported to the public.

If the AFL can't do it then surely champion data could?

The AFL should provide a list of umpiring decisions for and against, by umpire, by team. There will be some alarming trends picked up if it was done and reported to the public.

If the AFL can't do it then surely champion data could?

we have received the grand total of 4 free kicks to half time 2 weeks running.
Last week it was because we were that terrible in the first half it must have been the reason.

This week it was because.....

The umpiring was a joke, the game was only as close as it was due to the gifts from the umps and Westcoast were still to useless to capitalize on it. Maybe I am wrong but I remember Lewis copping a head high bump in the 2nd that nearly KO'd him, Channel 7 never replayed it, but it looked to me like there was no intention from the Westcoast player to go for the ball and was just charging through and got Lewis high. The head is 'sacrosanct' and I thought Lewis deserved a free.

Seriously - most atrocious umpiring I have ever seen!

So many times this game should have been well over yet time and time again they have attemted to 'even up the game'.

I vehemently believe that Guerra would not have done his Hammy if it were not for those two woeful decisions in the last.... Which just makes this so much worse.

Does that include allowing Hale to break the rules at the centre bound on just about every one he contested lastnight without being picked up

Bitch'n about the umpiring, especially after a win, really only reflects poorly on ourselves. Ffs, just cop it on the chin, it's classier.

Does that include allowing Hale to break the rules at the centre bound on just about every one he contested lastnight without being picked up

Trying to sound intelligent after listening to the 'experts' on talkback radio and making their opinions your own? Go back to flog city where you belong. Stupid comment.

Just watching the replay this morning without the 'pressure' of last night.

They missed a lot of frees in the second quarter.

The one against Mitch in the last for the push, was terrible. Embley's throw not paid just as bad. Two goals right there..

It's quite sad that the best umpire in the league is a first year umpire, ex Essendon and Carlton player Jordan Bannister.

Former players always make the best umpires. The AFL really needs to look at players who get delisted or those with superb aerobic fitness but can no longer endure the rough and tumble of playing. Make an attractive option for them to take up umpiring rather than get fat in the country leagues. Umpiring, and the game, would be better for it.

Bitch'n about the umpiring, especially after a win, really only reflects poorly on ourselves. Ffs, just cop it on the chin, it's classier.

No thanks. Not with that performance last night.
It was a joke.
What made it worst was the commentary every time an Eagle did something..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad umpiring again? Really? No way! I see a pattern here. Wonder if the millions spent by the AFL will address this issue which is crippling our great game. Like power bills, sadly, it's likely just going to get worse and worse for consumers.

last night was one of the worst umpiring display's I have seen all year. You don't mind the odd bad decision as long as each side has them but last night they were paying tiggy touch soft free kicks and especially infront of goal for WC. I dont bitch about it but that was seriously poor. Last quarter shields for approaching on the protected area (Stevie J would lave that protected area like that) and then 20 seconds later for holding the ball against Hale. Very frustrating to have a good game impacted so heavily by the refs. Put the whistle away and let them play footy boys.
Now the commintators. Tom Harley, Hawthorn has finished on top with the highest percentage and all he can do is speak about how good the young eagles are. Darling is good but Shoey has been smashed from pillar to post and how often do you hear them giving the kid praise. Was great last night and all I hear was Darling, darling, darling darling. Horrible call horrible umpiring but we still win. Carn the Hawks

You think I haven't seen the 2008GF? Apart from a couple of really bad decisions, I didn't think they were too bad. I'm still astounded by how Scarlett can run into Franklin going for a mark, and receive a free. That was a shocker.

Do you remember any bad decisions that were in our favour?

There were a number their way

Feel free not to come back here again you idiot. How did Hale break the rules? Any clown that says that is just making excuses because Cox and Nic Nat were crap last night. Hale and Rough outplayed the number 1 ruck combo in the comp all night.

The umpiring was poor all night, particularly in the 4th. I love how their focus for the week was on making sure players gave the ball back after a whistle (what a surprise). I don't have a problem with most of the frees paid against us, but once again it was the ones we weren't given that was a disgrace. Glass must have pictures of the umps with the number of holds he got away with. The one where he held Puopolo back when he had an open goal in front of him was unbelievable. Still, we won and Giesch, the umps, the media and any opposition flogs who say we were breaking the rules in the ruck can suck it.

The umpiring was a joke, the game was only as close as it was due to the gifts from the umps and Westcoast were still to useless to capitalize on it. Maybe I am wrong but I remember Lewis copping a head high bump in the 2nd that nearly KO'd him, Channel 7 never replayed it, but it looked to me like there was no intention from the Westcoast player to go for the ball and was just charging through and got Lewis high. The head is 'sacrosanct' and I thought Lewis deserved a free.

From memory there was Lewis and straight after Buddy who could have got a free kick, then 10 seconds later they get a downfield free for a late bump

we have received the grand total of 4 free kicks to half time 2 weeks running.
Last week it was because we were that terrible in the first half it must have been the reason.

This week it was because.....

Yep, how can we expect to get free kicks being first to the ball all the time? Waaaaaa :eek:

When does discussing poor umpiring become Ok then? After a loss?

The umps were terrible. It's a point of discussion.

When does discussing poor umpiring become Ok then? After a loss?

The umps were terrible. It's a point of discussion.

They were, mate.. But invariably the main point of focus is centered on Hawthorn's performance. I'm frustrated with last nights game, but because we were unconvincing; a product of our own mentality not the decisions of the umpires.

They were, mate.. But invariably the main point of focus is centered on Hawthorn's performance. I'm frustrated with last nights game, but because we were unconvincing; a product of our own mentality not the decisions of the umpires.

Um..i think its fair to say some of the umpiring decisions last night turned into goals for West Coast.
The margin, and our "mentality" would have been different had it gone the other way.

It was quite clear the frustration of the players at the umpiring after the throw out of the tackle to goal in the last.... How that is correct disposal is beyond me.

Birch showed leadership to get the boys to refocus but to say it doesn't affect their game is incorrect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back