Injury Injuries 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

mighty sainters

Senior List
Aug 14, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
I can't really see a thread like this after doing a bit of searching (so mods feel free to remove), but I was thinking it would be a good idea to have a thread where people can post updates on injured players if they hear anything about them, or know someone at the club etc.

ATM our injury list looks like this (as of Monday 18th):
Blake Acres Groin Test
Jarryn Geary Calf Test
Ben Long Foot 5-7 weeks
Darren Minchington Hip Test
Lewis Pierce Hamstring 1 week
Bailey Rice Concussion Test
Dylan Roberton Heart Season
Koby Stevens Concussion Season
Jimmy Webster Groin 2-3 weeks

Anyone heard anything about Long and Acres? Is Acres coming back after the bye, or has his groin issue (which sounds a lot like early onset OP to me) not progressed as well as the club was hoping? And is Long closer to 5 weeks or 7? Would love to see him back in the side and get a run of games towards the back end of the year

I can't really see a thread like this after doing a bit of searching (so mods feel free to remove), but I was thinking it would be a good idea to have a thread where people can post updates on injured players if they hear anything about them, or know someone at the club etc.

ATM our injury list looks like this (as of Monday 18th):
Blake Acres Groin Test
Jarryn Geary Calf Test
Ben Long Foot 5-7 weeks
Lewis Pierce Hamstring 1 week
Jimmy Webster Groin 2-3 weeks

Anyone heard anything about Long and Acres? Is Acres coming back after the bye, or has his groin issue (which sounds a lot like early onset OP to me) not progressed as well as the club was hoping? And is Long closer to 5 weeks or 7? Would love to see him back in the side and get a run of games towards the back end of the year
I believe I heard Acres is getting his groin tested... frequently ...

Here's the afl website update as of today:

Blake Acres Groin 1 week
Jarryn Geary Calf Test
Ben Long Foot 4-6 weeks
Lewis Pierce Hamstring Test
Jimmy Webster Groin Test

Updated: Monday, June 25

Acres still a week away, but Webster a chance to be in, which is great news

from what i hear Blake could be a little longer ... not sure if they push him back into the seniors straight up may have to play a couple VFL games before getting back ...

hopefully Brown is not a long term out as he has been solid for us ....

We may be a little cautious with young players coming back from injury and you can understand with the state of the season.

I’m not sure we will see Longy back this year.

Injury list after round 15:

Blake Acres Groin Test
Josh Battle Eye socket 2-3 weeks
Nathan Brown Hamstring 2-3 weeks
Ben Long Foot 3-5 weeks
Jimmy Webster Groin Test

Didn't see Battle cop a knock, so that's very disappointing as he was looking great. Hope to see Acres back in the VFL this week, I'd suspect he gets managed game time (a half or so) then see how he pulls up and go from there

Hey guys sorry for intruding! Regarding webster, I was kinda shocked how fast he has recovered. I was wondering if anyone went to St Kilda training and had a look?

Does he seem to be fully fit and moving free OR does he seem slightly underdone?

thanks so much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's the list after round 17:

Logan Austin Groin Test
Josh Battle Eye socket Test
Nathan Brown Hamstring 1 week
Josh Bruce Leg Season
Ben Long Foot 1-2 weeks
Paddy McCartin Foot 1-2 weeks
Seb Ross Gastro Available
Jimmy Webster Groin Test
Nathan Wright Knee 1 week

Austin and Battle a chance to come in if they pass fitness tests. Also good to see Long back very soon, albeit through the vfl most likely
Webster also a very slight chance to play, I heard that his groin wasn't particularly bad and they kept him off for the last quarter because the game was in the bag, but given it was the same one he injured against gold coast, I suspect they'll give him a week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back