Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone at training today that knows why Kersten left the track with a limp?

More than a limp I thought someone had chopped his leg off... has he had knee hassles before? It was his left or was it the right leg that seemed to be bothering him! The leg closest to me..... that’s his right! Yes that was it LOL or was it... bit of a blurr, saw someone taking a video though so they would have it sorted out.

As to what happened I don’t know I just saw him hobbling.. he looked in good shape before that.

Last edited:
Not a bad article in The West... https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...l-the-dockers-midfield-vacancy-ng-b881088887z

I'm expecting all those names to spend time in the middle early this season. Nobody seems to be mentioning Banfield though, and I have no clue why not? I am pretty certain Bailey attended more centre bounces than any of our young mids last season - obviously some of that was lining up on the player he was tagging but not always.

Not a bad article in The West... https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...l-the-dockers-midfield-vacancy-ng-b881088887z

I'm expecting all those names to spend time in the middle early this season. Nobody seems to be mentioning Banfield though, and I have no clue why not? I am pretty certain Bailey attended more centre bounces than any of our young mids last season - obviously some of that was lining up on the player he was tagging but not always.
I consider Banfield as a walk up start.I considrered him out best player from our recruits last season.He was out standing.
With the injury to Blakely, does anyone think that Griffen Logue will be considered as an on baller or mid fielder? A big body, a good tank, knows how to find the ball.

I consider Banfield as a walk up start.I considrered him out best player from our recruits last season.He was out standing.
With the injury to Blakely, does anyone think that Griffen Logue will be considered as an on baller or mid fielder? A big body, a good tank, knows how to find the ball.

I hope they look at Logue in the midfield he could be damaging as a big bodied midfielder.

No one's talking about Banfield or Logue and yet from what we hear Logue and Banfield are looking the goods. They could be our secret weapons.

We could have a situation where our team actually gets better as the season unfolds, with the inclusion Of Hogan? Bennel? Logue and Blakely. I'm good with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d rather lose Blakely at the start of the season than the end. Hopefully he can come back and make it all the way to September

Luke Valente is on a modified program due to a groin issue at the moment. Anticipated he will be available to play his first game in R1 of WAFL.

Good he’ll be available for the beginning of the season. Being honest, our first year 18 year olds can’t be expected to make an impact.

Good he’ll be available for the beginning of the season. Being honest, our first year 18 year olds can’t be expected to make an impact.

In this mornings training session he was doing kicking drills with a trainer.. nice simple kicking routine, and it’s hard to tell which is his preferred foot as he is clean off both feet.. for the record I think he might be a right footer but it’s pretty subtle the difference.

He’s a good size, and is thick set through the legs.. he is going to be difficult to move off the ball!.

In this mornings training session he was doing kicking drills with a trainer.. nice simple kicking routine, and it’s hard to tell which is his preferred foot as he is clean off both feet.. for the record I think he might be a right footer but it’s pretty subtle the difference.

He’s a good size, and is thick set through the legs.. he is going to be difficult to move off the ball!.
He is definitely a right footer. Has a slightly awkward technique with his left but still hits targets.

I know rgauci posted that the 18 year olds can't be expected to have an impact, but I think there is an opportunity for Valente which he seems primed to take. There is a bit of gloom and a touch of doom due to the permanent loss of Neale and the temporary loss of Blakely, but the names North, Banfield, Bewley and Valente keep rolling around my brain.

Banfield especially would be forgiven if he expects that the coach has got his name circled already as someone who is ready to deliver any mission he is given. He had an awesome first season. He is fit, big and strong and has a bit of street fighter in his DNA.

North and Bewley both have a fitness base that will serve us well if called upon, and both also have a report card which praises their kicking skills.

Valente is the youngest of the lot, but oozes character and leadership, and getting duel sided kicking into the engine room is something we will be wanting to fast-track.

If we had one of those late season games where we rested the best 22, I would be tuned in to see that quartet taking it right up to the Hawks in Tassie.

I know rgauci posted that the 18 year olds can't be expected to have an impact, but I think there is an opportunity for Valente which he seems primed to take. There is a bit of gloom and a touch of doom due to the permanent loss of Neale and the temporary loss of Blakely, but the names North, Banfield, Bewley and Valente keep rolling around my brain.

Banfield especially would be forgiven if he expects that the coach has got his name circled already as someone who is ready to deliver any mission he is given. He had an awesome first season. He is fit, big and strong and has a bit of street fighter in his DNA.

North and Bewley both have a fitness base that will serve us well if called upon, and both also have a report card which praises their kicking skills.

Valente is the youngest of the lot, but oozes character and leadership, and getting duel sided kicking into the engine room is something we will be wanting to fast-track.

If we had one of those late season games where we rested the best 22, I would be tuned in to see that quartet taking it right up to the Hawks in Tassie.

Im not doom and gloom. Any midfield boasting Fyfe / Mundy on the inside and E.Langdon / B.Hill on the outside should be fine. It’s the next few pieces of the jigsaw that aren’t ready to be relied upon, though I think some will be great. Someone like Banfield, Conca and Colyer have the body size and may actually be fine, but the level of talent is questionable, though all could show drastic improvements, Banfield as a 2nd year and Colyer / Conca with full preseasons in a new system. Brayshaw / Cerra clearly have the talent but have a way to go before they are physically ready. Don’t get me wrong, they’ll do ok, but in 3-4 years they’ll be getting tagged and destroying the opposition. Then there is a bunch of unknowns; North / Giro / Crowden / Bewley / Valente all of which are very green and only a couple have developed bodies. These are a lottery IMO. Anywhere from elite to list cloggers. We won’t know for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back