3. Stephen ConiglioShoulder1-2 weeks
22. Josh KellyCalf1-2 weeks
41. Nick MaddenAnkle1-2 weeks
34. Josh FaheyFoot4-6 weeks
13. Isaac CummingHamstring5 weeks
11. Braydon PreussBackIndefinite
24. Harry RowstonBackIndefinite
43. Cooper HamiltonAnkleIndefinite
Reckon those last three names won’t play another game for the Giants.

Unless Rowston's injury is career ending, I think he has a good future at the Giants. When the Swans tried to grab him early, we didn't hesitate to match them.
I hope he recovers, but I think Caruso wasn't going to match but McCartney overruled him.
It has worked out well though , we got Jones and the player we wanted Konstanty has apparently been a bust for Swans, they will probably delete him after his initial 2 year contract.

Very disappointing news re Cogs.

A very, very tough two weeks without either Cogs or Kelly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes - 2 very critical games. To be honest, I am kinda resigned to losing against Brisbane at the Gabba next week, but having a fit and firing Cogs would have been ideal against the Hawks this week

I hope he recovers, but I think Caruso wasn't going to match but McCartney overruled him.
It has worked out well though , we got Jones and the player we wanted Konstanty has apparently been a bust for Swans, they will probably delete him after his initial 2 year contract.
I was p*ssed about it at the time. But if karma is a thing (and not the same as random chance) then I'm pleased we got the better outcome.

Yes - 2 very critical games. To be honest, I am kinda resigned to losing against Brisbane at the Gabba next week, but having a fit and firing Cogs would have been ideal against the Hawks this week
Maybe time to play Toby in midfield more, let's see how Cadman, Riccardi, Hogan play as a trio without Toby in the forward line.
Of course, they would have experimented at training with this, so perhaps it hasn't looked that good.

Last edited:
Saw Cogs out with his little one at the local Sydney premier league game watching the Manly Wolves. Briefly asked him is the Shoulder good to go for next week and gave me a confident thumbs up!

Such a great fella, gave his time to plenty of people. He and Chook could be massive ins vs the Lions l, who are sizzling.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is our best side, Is McMullin in it, I feel like he is, but perhaps as Sub?
Peatlings excellent form last 4 weeks probably puts him in.

IMO Id actually prefer McMullin in and Peatling Sub.
Cogs a direct sub for Peatling in the Centre. McMullin floating through all 3 lines.

I also think McMullin is terrific for our ball movement, makes good decisions and is clean as clean. But we will see.

What is our best side, Is McMullin in it, I feel like he is, but perhaps as Sub?
Peatlings excellent form last 4 weeks probably puts him in.

IMO Id actually prefer McMullin in and Peatling Sub.
Cogs a direct sub for Peatling in the Centre. McMullin floating through all 3 lines.

I also think McMullin is terrific for our ball movement, makes good decisions and is clean as clean. But we will see.
I’d have Peatling and muff in ahead of XOH and Thomas

I’d have Peatling and muff in ahead of XOH and Thomas
Agree with this. Peatling over XO in the midfield and Muff over Thomas as a forward. For Peatling to make the our best 22 it needs to be as a midfielder and I think he he is last of the 7 midfielders picked behind cogs, green, Kelly, ward, Callaghan, Bedford

Agree with this. Peatling over XO in the midfield and Muff over Thomas as a forward. For Peatling to make the our best 22 it needs to be as a midfielder and I think he he is last of the 7 midfielders picked behind cogs, green, Kelly, ward, Callaghan, Bedford
I actually think Peatling would end up as sub as the 8th mid. With Cogs, Green, Kelly, Ward, Callaghan, Cumming and Bedford ahead of him.

I actually think Peatling would end up as sub as the 8th mid. With Cogs, Green, Kelly, Ward, Callaghan, Cumming and Bedford ahead of him.
Could be how they go. I think that gives us too many wingers. I think they want to get Kelly/callaghan splitting inside/wing minutes and ward on the other wing. Either way it’s a very strong midfield unit with good impact off the bench.

With Coniglio's injury and needing surgery at years end does anyone think he may spend the rest of the season at half fwd and Peatling continues on ball?

If you look at the CBA data, it looks like it was a direct one for one away after Coniglio's most recent injury.

With Coniglio's injury and needing surgery at years end does anyone think he may spend the rest of the season at half fwd and Peatling continues on ball?

If you look at the CBA data, it looks like it was a direct one for one away after Coniglio's most recent injury.

I definitely think he will be on modified assignment, though not sure it will be that clearcut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Injuries 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back