Injury Injuries 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Kelly looks to be recovering well and perhaps may be a surprise in next week. :D

Josh Kelly's recovery from a calf injury is encouraging. He moved well at Giants main training on Thursday and could make a surprise return next week against Port Adelaide.

Jack Buckley is also likely to return to take on the Power while Isaac Cumming will play in the VFL next week as he looks to break into the AFL team after an injury plagued campaign

I find it disturbingly coincidental looking at all those soft-tissue injuries considering the team is not finishing games well.

Combined with the laziness that many have perceived, including one of our own, Jimmy Bartel, maybe fitness levels are not what they should be.

With that in mind, I fear bringing back players before they are actually ready.

List looking pretty healthy for the first time in weeks, hopefully stays this way. I see Nick Haynes has a strained hamstring and out for 3-4 weeks. If you watched the game on the weekend at the halftime break he was limping and could barely walk yet he played the entire second half. I’m not sure how much time he was on but it’s a pretty tough effort!!

Last edited:

Injury List – June 18

Stephen ConiglioShoulderTest
James LeakeQuadTest
Adam KennedyHamstringTest
Darcy JonesHamstringTest
Harry PerrymanHamstring1 week
Nick HaynesHamstring3-4 weeks
Cooper HamiltonAnkle3-4 weeks
Nick MaddenAnkle5-7 weeks
Josh FaheyFoot3-4 months
Braydon PreussBackIndefinite

List looking pretty healthy for the first time in weeks, hopefully stays this way. I see Nick Haynes has a strained hamstring and out for 3-4 weeks. If you watched the game on the weekend at the halftime break he was limping and could barely walk yet he played the entire second half. I’m not sure how much time he was on but it’s a pretty tough effort!!
Perryman the only best 23 player on the list is which is a good sign.

OK, well, that accounts for some of his poorer efforts in the second half. Feel a bit guilty now. :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, well, that accounts for some of his poorer efforts in the second half. Feel a bit guilty now. :oops:

Thumbs up for finishing the game but his disposals were often a liability.

It's an explanation for his performance, but shouldn't be an excuse.

Any criticism was valid.

No way. Hogan is far worse to lose.
Buckley, Aleer, Idun, and HH will get it done. Could see Derksen getting a start

They have so many avenues to goal. I don’t think it matters how much we score. It’s about restricting them

Amartey is their new Franklin and that’s who Taylor would normally go to

I just feel we will struggle. Hope I’m wrong. Surely Derksen isn’t going to impact in a derby when the swans are so dominant ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back