John McCarthy (hamstring) – 1 week
Paul Medhurst (foot)- 1 week
Sean Rusling (calf) – 1 week
Anthony Corrie (knee) – 1-2 weeks
Jarrad Blight (ankle) – 1-2 weeks

Medders Injury has got Worse?

Good to see Blight Injury was Minor

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/injury list/tabid/14769/default.aspx

I think it's about time we game Medders the Steve Austin treatment. Bionic foot, bionic hair and a telescopic left eye.

Sigh.

Could be worse, at least he has time to get right for the second half of the year.

Medhurst has what is called a "hot spot" in his foot, which is basically an injury that can lead into a stress fracture if not handled correctly.

I'd say we won't see him in any capacity until the Syndey game, as we will want to give him every bit of time to rest, and with the break after we play the Dees, this will give him plenty of time to rest.

Davis and Fraser seem the 2 "possibles" for senior selection from that list this week.

Disappointing that Meds won't be back for this one, but on the basis of that report perhaps Davis will overcome his calf niggle.

McCarthy and Blight should be good to go after the split round, doubt they'd risk them the week before a "bye". Actually, the same approach could easily be taken with Medhurst too.

It will be have been 16 days between matches for Davis (Geelong on a Friday night to Dogs in Sunday) so maybe that rest might be enough.

I hope so, he has a great record against the Western Scum.

Sick of Medhurst being injured :( as soon as he comes good he just gets injured again.

I feel your frustration. But remember last year, all our stars were playing finals injured, so it's good to see they are managing injured players better this year. Surely we all prefer to have everyone tip top for September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't look like Corrie's far away - getting Mr September ready for the big Hoochie.

When Rusling returns to VFL, they better just plonk him forward because I just want to see him with a sniffter to play AFL this year.

I know it's cliche, but Rusling has been one week for the past five years.

I can just picture it now. Rusling gets delisted by Collingwood, goes to another AFL or VFL club and boots 70 goals a year.

Seriously, wtf is up with Rusling? I know it gets asked every week, and I'm not pissed off at him or his body, I'm pissed off at the Collingwood FC. I'm a paying member, and I have every right to know wtf is going on with our players. Does anyone have any inside knowledge on what the go is exactly?

Are we keeping him fresh, then bringing him into the VFL forward line in a few weeks so he is primed for September? Is he injuried? What the fcuk is the go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Injury List: RD 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back