Injury Report - Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

In all my years of being around football, I don't think I've ever seen a hamstring injury as long as Gibcus' is. I understand the reinjury situation, but still....
Dylan Grimes says hi buddy. With Grimes it dragged on for 3-4 seasons on and off bc they never got it right in the first place. So with Gibcus I would prefer they do so as he's got a bright future with us. My only concern is if they don't get it right and fxxk it up and he ends up a Grime case.

Dylan Grimes says hi buddy. With Grimes it dragged on for 3-4 seasons on and off bc they never got it right in the first place. So with Gibcus I would prefer they do so as he's got a bright future with us. My only concern is if they don't get it right and fxxk it up and he ends up a Grime case.
I will be the first to talk about delisting of grimes, before he was sent to Germany. Lucky I was wrong and the club did something about it.

In all my years of being around football, I don't think I've ever seen a hamstring injury as long as Gibcus' is. I understand the reinjury situation, but still....
Think you are making the mistake by looking at it as one injury when it was two separate

He had the initial injury in Jan that he had surgery on and was building up the load on it and had a subsequent new injury that was in a different spot to the initial one (May)

So he has had two separate injuries and 3 - months isn’t that uncommon for a hammy & after the 2nd strain the club elected to be a lot more cautious with his rehab

coggs. wasnt it like 6 year hammy

he wasnt any good before the hammy so will be surprised if he makes it

Updated - July 18, 2023

Richmond Injury List:

Test
Seth Campbell, adductor

Unavailable

Jacob Bauer, hamstring (short-term)

Jayden Short, hamstring (short-term)

Josh Gibcus, hamstring (medium-term)

Kaleb Smith, ankle (long-term)

Tom Lynch, foot (long-term)

Mate Colina, back (long-term)

Latest news is Meehan has been sacked. 😂

Gibcus is still min 4 weeks away. Man, I have no words. A whole season has just flashed by Gibbo

richmond.jpg

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Jacob BauerHamstring1-3 weeks
Seth CampbellAdductorTest
Mate ColinaBack7-12 weeks
Josh GibcusHamstring4-6 weeks
Tom LynchFootSeason
Toby NankervisSuspensionRound 21
Jayden ShortHamstring1-3 weeks
Kaleb SmithAnkleSeason
Updated: July 18, 2023

Early prognosis​

Short is progressing in his recovery from a hamstring injury, moving from "medium" to "short-term". First-year rookie Campbell is a chance to make his return for just his second VFL game this year. Lynch has now been ruled out for the remainder of the year after fracturing his foot in round three, while Robbie Tarrant has retired effective immediately. – Sarah Black

Last edited:
Gibcus is still min 4 weeks away. Man, I have no words. A whole season has just flashed by Gibbo

richmond.jpg

Tom LynchFootSeason
Kaleb SmithAnkleSeason

Early prognosis​

Short is progressing in his recovery from a hamstring injury, moving from "medium" to "short-term". First-year rookie Campbell is a chance to make his return for just his second VFL game this year. Lynch has now been ruled out for the remainder of the year after fracturing his foot in round three, while Robbie Tarrant has retired effective immediately. – Sarah Black
Bauer 1 week hopefully then we give him his opportunity at some stage.

The Gibcus hamstring is beyond a joke, like he re-injured it and got the infection in R4 or something, I was hoping Short would be back for Melbourne but no he'll be out for more than a month once its done.
you'd return quicker from an amputation.

richmond.jpg

Tom LynchFootSeason
Kaleb SmithAnkleSeason

Early prognosis​

big sexy was a 6-8 week injury

its been 16 weeks

what did louie do to him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Gibcus injury is a *en disgrace
Wasted a whole critical year of development bc of bush league level rehab. * off!
imagine they give louie meehan another contract

4-6 weeks has been listed as the rehab period for at least 6 weeks now.
its an absolute joke - for a slight strain they said. Get him in now and give him some games for goodness sakes, if he pings it again, big deal he has 4-5 months to rest and get it right before preseason starts again - missing out on all this football bc now they decide to do a 180 and be ultra ridiculously conservative is just as much of a setback to this young mans career. Ramp it up dickheads! If he cant play 4-5 games its a complete waste

its an absolute joke - for a slight strain they said. Get him in now and give him some games for goodness sakes, if he pings it again, big deal he has 4-5 months to rest and get it right before preseason starts again - missing out on all this football bc now they decide to do a 180 and be ultra ridiculously conservative is just as much of a setback to this young mans career. Ramp it up dickheads! If he cant play 4-5 games its a complete waste

Do any track watchers know if he is completing full sessions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Report - Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back