Roast Inner Feral Fan Unleashed - Warning - Unbridled, passionate, and objectionable opinions within

Remove this Banner Ad

Just my opinion, but I am a little annoyed we don't have second spot essentially sown up. Combined losses to Adelaide, Cats and Pies still get me... Just win one of those games and I reckon we'd have the breathing space we'd need. Still reckon we'll win 4 out of next 5 games, but no room for banana peels now...

Just my opinion, but I am a little annoyed we don't have second spot essentially sown up. Combined losses to Adelaide, Cats and Pies still get me... Just win one of those games and I reckon we'd have the breathing space we'd need. Still reckon we'll win 4 out of next 5 games, but no room for banana peels now...
Agreed but we have caught the Dogs on the rise and an "under siege" Giants at home. We were 5% off in each game which is all it takes to be on the losing end. Even harder to hang onto 2nd with the injuries coming out of yesterday's game.

Yeah I'm struggling not to find that disappointing. We were set up so well to make that happen as well. If we end up having to travel in the finals, we'll have no one else to blame but ourselves.

Agreed but we have caught the Dogs on the rise and an "under siege" Giants at home. We were 5% off in each game which is all it takes to be on the losing end. Even harder to hang onto 2nd with the injuries coming out of yesterday's game.
I'm not so peeved about losses to GWS and Dogs. It's not like they are totally shite. Indeed, both will play some good finals footy. But those earlier games...

I like to think of it this way - without the Adelaide loss, we don’t get the lessons required to beat the undefeated giants the next week. I’m hoping that the lessons learnt from the last two weeks help us for the rest of the season. Every team has had a patch where they’ve looked very poor, hopefully this is just our one

Don't think you can say we were 5% off against the Giants. We had that game for the taking and the allowed a 88-14 point run or something stupid.

That's the most disappointing loss of our season I think. We'd done the hard work in the first and should've been able to win from there.

I like to think of it this way - without the Adelaide loss, we don’t get the lessons required to beat the undefeated giants the next week. I’m hoping that the lessons learnt from the last two weeks help us for the rest of the season. Every team has had a patch where they’ve looked very poor, hopefully this is just our one
I get what you're saying, but I'd rather 'lessons' from games like the Norf game with still a W. That Radelaide game...

Don't think you can say we were 5% off against the Giants. We had that game for the taking and the allowed a 88-14 point run or something stupid.

That's the most disappointing loss of our season I think. We'd done the hard work in the first and should've been able to win from there.
Agree with that :thumbsu:

I get what you're saying, but I'd rather 'lessons' from games like the Norf game with still a W. That Radelaide game...
Yep, that Cows game was the one that got away. I remember at the time, Korn said it could be a loss that'll come back to bite us on the bum later in the season....and he may well be right.

We're only sitting 2 points clear of the Brions who are in red hot form. One slip up could see us fall below them at the end of the season.

Hypothetically, even if we finish 3rd after the home and away, we could face the prospect of having to play the Brions at the Gabba in the QF, then Sydney in the PF if we make it through the semi. Good luck with that!!!

The reality is that we just have to keep winning to stay 2 points ahead of the pack to qualify for home finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, next time we play Norf, I hope to see our players become a bit more 'clumsy', 'accidentally' falling on top of Norf players with knees, elbows, full body, etc in marking and tackling contests...
It was a typical Clarkson coached display out there last night. So many cheap shots and dog acts, especially from their two neanderthals in Xerri and Comben. Ford got in on the act a few times as well.

Walsh got smashed a few times by the human wrecking ball Wardlaw, but that was all legit.

They were out to physically hurt the opposition any chance they could, knowing we're not a hard physical side.

Yep, that Cows game was the one that got away. I remember at the time, Korn said it could be a loss that'll come back to bite us on the bum later in the season....and he may well be right.

We're only sitting 2 points clear of the Brions who are in red hot form. One slip up could see us fall below them at the end of the season.

Hypothetically, even if we finish 3rd after the home and away, we could face the prospect of having to play the Brions at the Gabba in the QF, then Sydney in the PF if we make it through the semi. Good luck with that!!!

The reality is that we just have to keep winning to stay 2 points ahead of the pack to qualify for home finals.

The season is cooked if we don't keep top 4 and win the first week of finals.

I know some will call that a loser mentality but this entire year has been such a dog fight that that second week of finals rest is going to be vital.

So worst case scenario to win the premiership is winning week one on the road in a QF and getting that week off.

If we lose we could easily slip out of top 4 altogether.

We could do with some more mongrel in the team

We're better than we were but if anyone has confidence in our team delivering the type of receipts we need to then I have a bridge to sell you.

Also, next time we play Norf, I hope to see our players become a bit more 'clumsy', 'accidentally' falling on top of Norf players with knees, elbows, full body, etc in marking and tackling contests...

Unsociable ‘sniper’ footy Rev

The accidental part is key…rip into em at every opportunity but make it look accidental ☺️

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Inner Feral Fan Unleashed - Warning - Unbridled, passionate, and objectionable opinions within

Remove this Banner Ad

Back