Ins and Outs vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

We've got two matches against sides without really damaging KPFs. I'd say Presti should be training with the main group but sitting out the next two weeks, because Rounds 8,9,10 is Fremantle, Geelong, Lions. Presti should be there to bolster our defence into the tough second half of the season.

If Lockyer can regain his touch (perhaps his wrist injury hasn't fully healed? Would explain the fumbles) then he'd also be back against the older, bigger bodies for rounds 9,10,11.

Dawes has the perfect opportunity to cement his spot with another 2-3 goals per match and providing Cloke with backup. If he can hold a few more dukes-out his confidence will grow pretty quickly.

If Reid is out, or Harry is rubbed out for 1, then Goldy in. Be a shame to see Reid go, though, as he was excellent - quick, hard and good at ground level.

Leon is still looking proppy... you wouldn't want to bring in O'Bree for him, but perhaps bringing Barham in would free up Daisy and take over his role?

Medders is quiet but threatening - you also wouldn't want to move him.

I'd say only 1 forced change for Reid/O'Brien worst case.

I would give Presti a couple more weeks on the sidelines. His already missed 2 weeks due to injuries.

Carl lack quality talls up forward, and so do North. It's a good chance to get games and confidence into Reid and Brown.

The ones to watch re selection this week are;

Prestigiacomo; Was he rested or does he have a real problem?

Reid; Struggled late, suggested hamstring injury was only cramp though.

Harry; Reported, saw the incident on tape later, reprimand IMO.

Davis; Heavily wrapped thigh (corked) after 1/4 time.

Medhurst; Looked absolutely buggered after the match, couldn't stand up almost. (Flu maybe?).

MaCaffer; Is he doing enough to keep his place ahead of Lockyer, Goldsack, Buckley etc?

The rest should be safe, Nathan Brown and Dawes did more then enough to keep their place.

As for contenders to come in;

Presti; Obvious if fit.

Goldsack; Ready now.

Wood; Ready now, question is can the 3 rucks play together.

Buckley; Had 2 good games at VFL level in a row.

Lockyer; Rested, may need a run at VFL level to regain form.

L.Brown; Same as Lockyer.

Either way, in the whole time Mick Malthouse has been the coach of this great club, we have never had as much depth as we have now.:)

The ones to watch re selection this week are;

Prestigiacomo; Was he rested or does he have a real problem?

Reid; Struggled late, suggested hamstring injury was only cramp though.

Harry; Reported, saw the incident on tape later, reprimand IMO.

Davis; Heavily wrapped thigh (corked) after 1/4 time.

Medhurst; Looked absolutely buggered after the match, couldn't stand up almost. (Flu maybe?).

MaCaffer; Is he doing enough to keep his place ahead of Lockyer, Goldsack, Buckley etc?

The rest should be safe, Nathan Brown and Dawes did more then enough to keep their place.

As for contenders to come in;

Presti; Obvious if fit.

Goldsack; Ready now.

Wood; Ready now, question is can the 3 rucks play together.

Buckley; Had 2 good games at VFL level in a row.

Lockyer; Rested, may need a run at VFL level to regain form.

L.Brown; Same as Lockyer.

Either way, in the whole time Mick Malthouse has been the coach of this great club, we have never had as much depth as we have now.:)

Agree with this:thumbsu:

personally i think brown should come out for goldsack, only because of matchups. I mean unless waite comes in i doubt he would have a matchup. Better to introduce goldy and at least get some extra drive, horses for courses thinking here.

No change.

If Presti is fully fit, and they don't want to rest him, he'd be the only in... unless of course Harry gets rubbed out, in which case Goldsack and Blight would be the two with the best form IMHO.

With Harry getting off, no change might be on the cards.

But I have a feeling Mick is right into a "rotation policy" not disimilar to the Aussie Cricket team, where even the best players might have rests from time to time, especially the older ones.

I'd expect 2 changes at least, even with no shock injuries/reports.

With Harry getting off, no change might be on the cards.

But I have a feeling Mick is right into a "rotation policy" not disimilar to the Aussie Cricket team, where even the best players might have rests from time to time, especially the older ones.

I'd expect 2 changes at least, even with no shock injuries/reports.

I seriously doubt that there will be at least two changes barring injuries or suspensions. Leon is a smoky to be rested but that would be about it.

Presti should be rested again (as he isn't a necessity against Carlton) so no changes from me unless injury strikes.

Re: ins and outs vs carlton

Not rapt in Medhurst's game, he missed a lot of tackles and didn't compete on a couple of occasions.

Not sure I'd drop him, but he needs to improve.

Being my favourite player, I might be a little biased, but his work rate to me at when I was at the game was enormous.

0-2 Behinds though...I'm sure he'll be good - Being one of the smallest players on the ground, Pies need to stop kicking bombs to him though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: ins and outs vs carlton

Carlton are beating Geelong....

But Geelong aren't playing like Geelong at the moment. Their defence is as loose as I've seen it. Carlton aren't exactly putting that much offensive pressure on, but their midfield is getting space. Look at how empty the Carlton forward line is - Geelong arrogance/complacency setting in a bit.

Still, wait for a blistering 7-8 goal spell in the 3rd term from the Cats :D

In- J.Barham
Out- Macaffer

Only because Carlton struggle against quick players and also last time Barham killed them.

In- J.Barham
Out- Macaffer

Only because Carlton struggle against quick players and also last time Barham killed them.

This.
Barham could be very handy playing on Yarran or Gartlett.

This.
Barham could be very handy playing on Yarran or Gartlett.

IF Barham comes in, i would love him to go to Judd. We don't really have a tagger (Benny J sometimes, if rarely). Barham is quick enough to keep up with Judd, tough as nails and wont get exposed through his lack of height as Judd can't lift his arms above his shoulders. Thats what i'd like to see IF Barham comes in, a big if though.

Is Neon Leon carrying an injury? Might be worth it to rest him a week to get him right. No sense risking him getting something worse this early in the season, and we have plenty of players waiting in the wings.

If he is it'll hurt though because he plays well against Carlton, I still remember those 2 ripping goals from the match last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ins and Outs vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back