Rumour Interesting Rumour (was "News")

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't buy it for second BUT! BUT! IF Swan were to be traded i would lose my shit big time and would despise Buckley forever.
Swan is a champion and is one of those rare players who can break a game by himself, he is easily our best Midfielder (yes including Pendles) in my opinion.
He busted his gut the other night and has done for years at this club and i hate any negative crap spoken of him or his commitment to the team.
Should Buckley trade him i swear to god i will do a full blown Michael Douglas from 'Falling Down' mixed with a Ned Flanders 'the house that love built' meltdown and may end up on front page of the HS:mad:.
Well, that's one movie and a cartoon I need to download and watch.:) And try and end up on the front page of the Age as I am more likely to see you.

Swanny is high value to us....but not valuable to other clubs (because of age), hence his trade value is low.
Which clubs would want him....seriously. Can only think of GWS for 2-3 seasons.
Don't do it Bucks.....losing Dids & Krak is enough.......do not cut too deep, otherwise you send us into a slide down the ladder.

According to Whateley on 360, Shaws management met with club officials today and as it stands right now he will remain a pie.

Didn't he say that Cloke was gone about this time last year?

Don't know if this could work but if brown wanted to go play with his brother something like this could work?

Collingwood:

Gain: Viv Michie, Draft Pick
Lose: Brown

Fremantle:

Gain: Jack Darling
Lose: Viv Michie, Draft Pick

West Coast:

Gain: Brown
Lose: Darling

We could then go and use our pick 10 and hopefully pick 11 and Draft pick from Freo(say something like 16-17) to get pick no.1

Don't know if this could work but if brown wanted to go play with his brother something like this could work?

Collingwood:

Fremantle:

West Coast:

We could then go and use our pick 10 and hopefully pick 11 and Draft pick from Freo(say something like 16-17) to get pick no.1

Brown is Loyal to the CLub

Collingwood:

Fremantle:

West Coast:

screw Fremantle. Can we do a straight swap with West Coast and get Darling for ourselves?
What you smoking by the way?

Collingwood:

Fremantle:

West Coast:

There is no way west coast will give up darling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swanny was in the paper just a month ago saying he would play out his days at Collingwood.

He would have known these changes were on the cards, and I don't believe they will influence him
From memory he was also talking about playing for another year or two past when he said he was going to pull the pin...

If Swan goes I will be absolutely livid with the club. Despite the fact hes collingwood through and through, what we have put up with him despite how long it took to reap the rewards, and I believe we as fans absolutely adore him.

But reality is we WILL NOT get anywhere near on the trade table for him than we do get from his output on the field. Moving on swan would be a disaster and I would be furious with the club. I would still sign up, but I would be so anti-buckley and maybe even Mcguire for even throwing around the prospect again it would not be funny. And I never start to hate on our own.

Collingwood:

Fremantle:

West Coast:

why are west coast giving up darling again?

Collingwood:

Fremantle:

West Coast:

Trade Darling and only get Brown in return? I gather you are assuming crazy Vossy is taking over then?

If Swan goes I will be absolutely livid with the club. Despite the fact hes collingwood through and through, what we have put up with him despite how long it took to reap the rewards, and I believe we as fans absolutely adore him.

But reality is we WILL NOT get anywhere near on the trade table for him than we do get from his output on the field. Moving on swan would be a disaster and I would be furious with the club. I would still sign up, but I would be so anti-buckley and maybe even Mcguire for even throwing around the prospect again it would not be funny. And I never start to hate on our own.

Im with you. Ill be furious with the club :(

Q: What do you call Collingwood without Swan, Thomas, Shaw, Harry, Dids, Jolly, but with 5 early draft picks and a bunch of promising kids?
A: GWS!

Oh great! We go from best and most feared side in 2011 to Cellar dwellers in 2014, Gee! Great thinking Eddie & co!!!!
The 2011 'pies were the best. Not just the best Collingwood side, not the best side of recent times, the BEST football side I ever saw in 45 years plus of following the game!
Why does nobody remember? We beat everyone, and beat them very very easily, often by 80+!
After winning the NAB cup easily we beat Port and North (the 2 sides who rolled us in the last 2 weeks!) by 75 & 87) to put us well on top after 2. The next week we had Carlton done by half time, then rolled Richmond by 1/4 time with an 8 goal start and a 9 goal finish! Anzac Day we took the foot off, only beating Essendon by 30, but they didn’t score until just before the main break (Thanks for handing them 3 goals in 5 minutes umpire!!!). Clearly we ewre a bit soft after the short break and only turned up the gas at the end knocking off the doggies (who were still a good side) by 48 after an 8 goal last.
And then came the bye! To this point every side had lost after the bye, we continued that run, but only because the white maggot cost us the game by awarding us a free after we'd kicked the winning goal. We WON that game, but the ump changed his mind with the single worst call in AFL history!
But it did the job! We didn’t lose another game until the 'dead rubber' in round 24 (round 24!?).
Lets throw some numbers around for rounds 9-23. A stirring 43 point win over Adelaide after being 40+ points down! Remember Daisy's Torp? Taz kissing the jumper!? The torrent of goals after half time came from Dawes, Kraks, Wellers, Daisy and Taz. JMac was great with 20 posies and a goal (And they could ALL be ex-pies by next week! Would u have believed it if I had told u then that all these, plus Jolls, Neon & Dids would be gone before 2014!? I wouldn't!). After that it was a 50+ point thumping of West Coast, then co-Grand-Finalists StKilda by 57, Melbourne by 88 (including an 8 goal last), then the damn bye again, but this time we held on to beat Sydney by 6 after being 4 goals down. By now we had our rightful top spot back by virtue of a RIDICULOUS Rd.16 percentage of 180 (which rose to 186 after rd.20) and never let it go again. After that we were back in the swing with an easy 40+ points win over third placed Hawthorn, and a mighty whumping of North by 117, including 3x6 goal quarters on the trot. By round 18 we looked a tad tired kicking poorly against 4th placed Carlton (13.20) to win by just 20, before putting Gold Coast (looking very cocky after knocking Richmond over) away by 50+, and putting Essendon to the sword (6 & 10 goals in the last 2 quarters) to beat them by 74. Port were having a bad year and we made it worse in round 20 with a 138 point shellacking, 3 goals to 23! That was the last favour the draw did us and we again looked tired beating St.Kilda and Brisbane by just 18 & 19 points, but Mick must've given the boys a mighty spray, coz we came out the next week to open Round 23 with an 80 point bashing of Freo at Subi.
Our second Minor premiership on the trot was sewn up, something we hadn't achieved since the invincible Magpie 4-peat of 1927-30. What a year it had been! Never before as a Magpie had I been so relaxed before games, having no doubt that we would be there at the end of every game, no matter what! Never before had I seen us wrapping up so many games by half-time! Never before had I enjoyed a footy season so much!
I had a feeling that we would be soft in the last round as we hadn't won a last round since 2006, and, like the previous year, we had the MP sewn up and 22 guys who were determined to play finals. No one wanted to be the 'Presti' of 2011!
Unfortunately we overdid it and let Geelong think they could beat us. Still we played some amazing footy to make a second succesive Granny, but after seeing Mick's reaction to the Hawthorn prelim I had a bad feeling for the first time that season. I said it to everyone I know, and wrote it on another website. I am still convinced that it was the succesion plan that made Collingwood look like they didn't care in that last quarter. We were ahead at half time and right in it at the final change, and all I could think of was how incredibly stupid we would look dumping a coach who had won the last two cups and wanted to stay.
What happened in that last quarter? I remember thinking how bad it would look if we won. I remember hoping like crazy that the board would change their minds if we won, and that maybe they didn't want us to. What happened? Everyone says bad coaching. I simply don't buy it. Were the players told that there would be no changing the plan? Were they protesting? Were they angry that no one consulted them?
I believe things go on during games that we the public never hear about, I have believed it since the 1979 Grand Final, and I believed it more after 2003. yeah, I'm a big conspiracy nut, but I'm a conspiracy nut who always seems to be right! And I'm right about this: We won't play finals next year without Daisy, Swanny, Heater, & Harry in the side. No matter how great the pick-ups. And if Daisy goes to Carlton I will bet the farm that Carlton will win another flag before we do (though it won't be this year!).

You wanna talk about culture!? Those guys standing barefoot around the centre circle of the MCG singing "Good old Collingwood forever" after the 2010 GF had the best culture in the game, a culture that would have seen us win 4 in a row. The idiots in suits threw that away. Now we have a coach who wants obedient automatons, and the suits are behind him. After we miss the finals next year we will be looking to replace that coach. THEN we will be asking just how high a price we paid for the stupidest decision in sporting history, a decision which has Carlton fans licking their lips as we keep throwing prizes their way! Up until Mick talked to the players after the GF I was still in disbelief, still praying that somehow they would change their minds, that Bucks would front the press and announce that he had agreed to put the plan on hold for another year or two while he learned more about coaching, learned how to drive Mick's Ferrari without wrapping it around a pole. Anyone know a good panel-beater?

Can the momentum be arrested? Not if we keep rewarding sycophancy over passion!!!! This day has made me as heartbroken as the end of 2011, losing Daisy will finish me. I wish I could simply change teams like players and some supporters can, but I can't. All I can do is stop writing futile tracts like his one and trying to pretend footy doesn't exist. I'm finished now, sorry for going on so long. It wont happen again any time soon.

Please don't respond with a whole lot of 'Mick bashing' I don't have the energy to reply.

Collingwood:

Fremantle:

West Coast:

In less than a month, you have become a favourite of mine. You come up with some amazing scenarios, some of which are as likely as the rebirth of the bubonic plague. Keep it up, it's a long off season.

Q: What do you call Collingwood without Swan, Thomas, Shaw, Harry, Dids, Jolly, but with 5 early draft picks and a bunch of promising kids?
A: GWS!

It's not easy being black and white.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Interesting Rumour (was "News")

Remove this Banner Ad

Back