International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 4 centuries though?
He's batted at 7 a lot so has a lot of N.O's that have boosted his average. This series he has opened and has something like 600 runs in 3 tests in India.

Kane Williamson just scored 305* against me :( I ****ing hate this game.

On another note, I've tossed a baggy green to Chris Lynn. His scores since debut have been - 6, 6*, 91, 67, 111*, 65 for a grand average of 86.5. Michael Clarke has been shit for me only a year into the game. How easily do you guys drop someone like that?

Last edited:
Yeh, I introduced Lynn into the side in the Bamgladesh tour and haven't dropped him since. Averages 65 in 20 or so tests.

Yeah Clarke normally has 1 or 2 really good years then drops right off I have found. I still can't get Muirhead to get test wickets.. I'm using 4 pace bowlers and Maxwell if
I really need a spinner. Does anyone else use a spinner? Agars my limited overs spinner

I generally use Muirhead, I do a set of defensive bowling then a couple of aggressive so that he can still take wickets.

Actually haven't played this game in ages. Going to have to start it up again. Up to 2016-17, going to make the hard call and push Shane Watson into retirement and pick Mitch Marsh. Mitch Johnson is also only keeping him place for great batting at number 8. Lyon has been a hack so might be time to blood James Muirhead.

Current XI:

Hughes
Warner
Smith
Burns
Clarke
Watson
Whiteman
Johnson
Pattinson
Lyon
Hazlewood

Hughes, Warner and Smith are a beast of a top 3. Burns, Clarke, Watson and Whiteman rarely have to do anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 113016
Not a bad record after 20 odd tests.

He seems to be a gun in every save (when I'm not playing as Australia). He's scoring well in Shield cricket the last couple of years, but I think they've overrated him a tad in the game, because it's still an unknown whether he'll ever even play Test cricket, let alone do will in that arena.

How often has Doolan actually kept wicket in Shield cricket? Have never really "got" why he's labelled as a keeper in the game (in both current and previous editions).

He was a keeper in his early days. Not sure if he ever kept in shield cricket tho. But is a good batter in the game

Don't know why I've never considered getting this game. Read through a bit of the thread, seems the general consensus is that it's worth the buy.

Can't wait to start my overhaul of Australian cricket by dropping every quick to make way for my leg spin utopia.

Do you have to actually play in this game or is it all management and Sims?

The game mechanics you control are the fielding positions, bowling and batting orders and their aggression. When it comes to actually bowling the ball, or playing a shot, that's simmed. Its essentially a management game like FM

Remove this Banner Ad

International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back