Opinion International Geopolitics

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a ripper no doubt.

Evan Vucci is the photographer who captured it.

No surprise to learn that he is a past Pulitzer Prize winner and national Edward R. Murrow award winner. Will get more accolades for his efforts today.

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 11.37.40 AM.png

Always been intrigued by these guys with their expensive and heavy Canon and Nikon outfits sitting at the front of political and concert gigs with their shutters open and clicking away hoping for 'THAT' picture. A lot easier in the digital era of course but still you need to set the focal, shutter and aperture settings just right.

And Vucci got it right today. The license rights on that photo will earn him tens of thousands.

It is their genius to capture the moment to perfection, which allows the rest of us to be like Phil Knight.

IMG_20240714_214747.jpg

Photo Appears to Capture Path of Bullet Used in Assassination Attempt​

Michael Harrigan, a retired F.B.I. special agent, said the image captured by Doug Mills, a New York Times photographer, seems to show a bullet streaking past former President Donald J. Trump.

In documenting the Pennsylvania campaign rally on Saturday afternoon that turned into an attempt on a former president’s life, Doug Mills, a veteran New York Times photographer, appeared to capture the image of a bullet streaking past former President Donald J. Trump’s head.
That is the assessment of Michael Harrigan, a retired F.B.I. special agent who spent 22 years in the bureau.
“It absolutely could be showing the displacement of air due to a projectile,” Mr. Harrigan said in an interview on Saturday night after reviewing the high-resolution images that Mr. Mills filed from the rally. “The angle seems a bit low to have passed through his ear, but not impossible if the gunman fired multiple rounds.”
Simple ballistic math showed that capturing a bullet as Mr. Mills likely did in a photo was possible, Mr. Harrigan said.

Mr. Mills was using a Sony digital camera capable of capturing images at up to 30 frames per second. He took these photos with a shutter speed of 1/8,000th of a second — extremely fast by industry standards.

1720975939675.png

The failed attempt on the life of Donald Trump gets the full treatment in this morning's Murdoch Press. No fewer than four double page spreads to go with the front page. No surprises there as Trump's no 1 fan gets in on the action.

Albo also getting in on the action saying the failed assassination attempt is, 'an attack on our freedom'. I guess Albanese has to say that as he would not want to get in the bad books of the future 'leader of the free world'. Albo probably remembers what happened when ScoMo lectured the Chinese on their responsibilities during the Covid pandemic.

To cap off a nauseating read there is a full page colour ad hailing a must not miss event. An in depth interview between Chris Kenny and Rupert Murdoch on Sky News- the subject 60 years of the Australian. A former Liberal Party staffer interviewing his boss that is sure to be a hard hitting event. As the man said, 'I won't be watching it so I will not miss it.'

Not sure what you're complaining about. It is massive news.
Of course it's going to get a lot of coverage.

One inch to the right and we'd be talking 9/11 levels of news coverage.

Not sure what you're complaining about. It is massive news.
Of course it's going to get a lot of coverage.

One inch to the right and we'd be talking 9/11 levels of news coverage.

If he subscribes to the Murdoch press he has every right to complain about it ;)

I smell some funny buggers going on tbh eyewitness sees a guy climbing to a vantage point with a gun & his security doesn't? a scenario where they let the shooter take a shot before reacting has crossed my mind.

I smell some funny buggers going on tbh eyewitness sees a guy climbing to a vantage point with a gun & his security doesn't? a scenario where they let the shooter take a shot before reacting has crossed my mind.

They were pretty quick to satisfy themselves that there was only the one shooter.

Apparently this was taken about 2 minutes before he took the shot

Maybe it's the same people who didn't see Epstein "hang himself" :$

Lol how the feck did they miss?

I mean look back at the shot at Kennedy, was a moving target seated in a car.

And why when he’s just standing there afterwards well exposed for a 2nd , 3rd shot does nothing happen?

There’s something going on there.

I can totally understand maybe missing 1 shot, but not being prepared to take multiple shots and land one of those? Doesn’t make sense?

Only things that I can see that explain it are either the dude was a total amateur, or he wasn’t trying to kill trump, tho that doesn’t sit with how close it came to trump.
Because despite the enourmous advantage they have in terms of access, most gun wielding yanks have shocking gun safety and usage knowledge.

One of the biggest myths is the Kennedy shots being a hard task, slow moving target & a great vantage point any experienced yokel hunter makes those shots let alone an ex marine.

I saw a bit of USA ABC Night News on SBS this arvo and one of the stories they reported that shooter Thomas Crooks was asked to leave the schools rifle club because he was such a bad shot.

It will be interesting to see how this affects Trump. Can't be easy dealing with the fact you were an inch away from getting your brains blown out.

Watching the Four Corners episode tonight and laughed when the Anonymous guy described Trump as a "f-ing idiot". Yeah I mean you just have to hear the guy talk to realise that, but he has really tapped into that persecution complex that a large swathe of white Americans seem to have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw a bit of USA ABC Night News on SBS this arvo and one of the stories they reported that shooter Thomas Crooks was asked to leave the schools rifle club because he was such a bad shot.

Cant be that bad of a shot. If Trump stayed side on, it would be all over.

It will be interesting to see how this affects Trump. Can't be easy dealing with the fact you were an inch away from getting your brains blown out.

Watching the Four Corners episode tonight and laughed when the Anonymous guy described Trump as a "f-ing idiot". Yeah I mean you just have to hear the guy talk to realise that, but he has really tapped into that persecution complex that a large swathe of white Americans seem to have.

Probably takes it in his stride and uses it to his advantage. I don't think he has much empathy for anyone including himself.

Probably takes it in his stride and uses it to his advantage. I don't think he has much empathy for anyone including himself.
He's only got empathy for his bank balance, think of all the fundraising and merch sales he can get because some bullied redneck with shit aim took a shot at him.

What's going to be interesting is for a guy so keen on absolute loyalty, his running mate and potential VP is a guy who has previously referred to him as "America's Hitler"

Photo Appears to Capture Path of Bullet Used in Assassination Attempt​

Michael Harrigan, a retired F.B.I. special agent, said the image captured by Doug Mills, a New York Times photographer, seems to show a bullet streaking past former President Donald J. Trump.

In documenting the Pennsylvania campaign rally on Saturday afternoon that turned into an attempt on a former president’s life, Doug Mills, a veteran New York Times photographer, appeared to capture the image of a bullet streaking past former President Donald J. Trump’s head.
That is the assessment of Michael Harrigan, a retired F.B.I. special agent who spent 22 years in the bureau.
“It absolutely could be showing the displacement of air due to a projectile,” Mr. Harrigan said in an interview on Saturday night after reviewing the high-resolution images that Mr. Mills filed from the rally. “The angle seems a bit low to have passed through his ear, but not impossible if the gunman fired multiple rounds.”
Simple ballistic math showed that capturing a bullet as Mr. Mills likely did in a photo was possible, Mr. Harrigan said.

Mr. Mills was using a Sony digital camera capable of capturing images at up to 30 frames per second. He took these photos with a shutter speed of 1/8,000th of a second — extremely fast by industry standards.

View attachment 2048734
I knew it was aliens.

He's only got empathy for his bank balance, think of all the fundraising and merch sales he can get because some bullied redneck with shit aim took a shot at him.

What's going to be interesting is for a guy so keen on absolute loyalty, his running mate and potential VP is a guy who has previously referred to him as "America's Hitler"
Vance is an extremist. Trump better watch his back.

Milton Friedman was pro illegal immigration in the Reagan years. They do get some benefits now, I wonder if that's why the right of centre are so against them now.

It's either that, or people stop with the BS and actually fully support UKR.

The Ukrainians are having the worst of both worlds. They are being USED against Russia, receiving help enough to perpetuate the conflict. No one wants to put their lives on the line, but they want UKR to win. Such a choice is simply nonexistent.

Milton Friedman was pro illegal immigration in the Reagan years. They do get some benefits now, I wonder if that's why the right of centre are so against them now.

They need to make it LEGAL, though. There were conservative proposals when I was there, but they were too good to get proper attention.

One that specially called my attention at the time had an awful name ("Red Card"), but it was really interesting. The idea was to PROMOTE hiring from abroad. Companies would register into the program, and the spots would be available for foreigners to apply.

Foreigners would receive a "red card" to live and work in the US temporarily. The time would be a kind of probation. When the time was up, if the person had job proposals to stay and wanted to stay, good for him. Otherwise, he would go back home with a refund of the taxes he had paid during his stay.

---

P.S.: Right-wing liberals (libertarians) still agree with Friedman.

I've seen this story a couple of times on the ABC, which said it was a 7 month wedding not 4 month as per this Al Jazeera story from an Aussie reporter, but both reported it cost over $300m USD.

It was the wedding of Anant Ambani, son of Asia's richest man Mukesh Ambani, and his bride Radhika Merchant, daughter of billionaire pharmaceutical business tycoons.

The politically well connected as well as famous music, sports, fashion and other celebrities got invites. Modi was there.

Don't know who Mukesh Amban is? He is the bloke with the world's most expensive home valued at over $2bil - Antillia which is 27 stories high in Mumbai and was completed in 2010 after several years of design and construction.

The Indian surge to world power and the current process of moving hundreds of millions of people out of poverty will look very different to the Chinese model of the 1980-2010.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion International Geopolitics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back