Opinion INTERNATIONAL Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Utter bullshit,. both candidates are horrendous and the Reps and Dems should both be utterly ashamed of themselves for putting them up as worthy Presidential candidates.

But if you had a choice between the two and no other option, which way would you go?

A simple question requiring a simple response.

Hahahahaha
The Biden fanboi's ain't gonna like that!!!!
The one thing certain now is Trump will be a candidate. Biden maybe not?
You need to stop assuming that those of us who see Trump as the hideous and really ****ing dumb 'human' he is, are fans of Biden. I know I've made myself perfectly clear where I stand on both of them.

I don't remember anyone here being a Biden fanboi, unless you think preferring the lesser of the two very bad evils is being a fanboi of one of them.

True, but I can't find any good allowing someone to be above the law, especially someone as reprehensible and as unhinged as Trump.

I agree but when you stack the Supreme Court with likeminded individuals what does one expect.

As an US commentator has remarked, the Supreme Court has now become politicised and any decisions it makes from now on, will be treated with disrespect. A sad day for democracy.

You need to stop assuming that those of us who see Trump as the hideous and really ****ing dumb 'human' he is, are fans of Biden. I know I've made myself perfectly clear where I stand on both of them.

I don't remember anyone here being a Biden fanboi, unless you think preferring the lesser of the two very bad evils is being a fanboi of one of them.

Don’t think any of us are pro-Biden, we are just anti-Trump.

If Albo carried on like Trump does, Mutineer would go ape shit.

The good thing with that Supreme Court decision is it applies to all Presidents so it will also to Biden as well.
There is now nothing to prevent Biden from ordering SEAL Team 6 to assassinate Trump.

... not that Biden would ever do so. Trump, on the other hand...

Where have I ever referred to you as Biden fanboi, you're one of the sensible ones that freely admits they are both horrendous and a stain on current USA Politics.

You're taking the piss surely with the Biden fanboi's...

Where have I ever referred to you as Biden fanboi, you're one of the sensible ones that freely admits they are both horrendous and a stain on current USA Politics.
Yes I know you haven't, 👍🏻 but all I see in here are those like me who detest Trump, not Biden fans, and if you've seen any of my posts in the Aus Politics thread you'd know I very much lean to the right, but who are these Biden fanbois?

Name and shame I say 🤣

Yes I know you haven't, 👍🏻 but all I see in here are those like me who detest Trump, not Biden fans, and if you've seen any of my posts in the Aus Politics thread you'd know I very much lean to the right, but who are these Biden fanbois?

Name and shame I say 🤣
You really don't need to look any further than the top of this page...if that ain't a fanboi you don't know the meaning of fanboi

You really don't need to look any further than the top of this page...if that ain't a fanboi you don't know the meaning of fanboi
You really need to stop confusing anti-Trump with pro-Biden.

I don't think anyone here is particularly pro-Biden. Lots of people are anti-Trump though.

You really need to stop confusing anti-Trump with pro-Biden.

I don't think anyone here is particularly pro-Biden. Lots of people are anti-Trump though.
Cut it out, there's at least two regular posters that go into bat for Biden at every opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Supreme Court all but scuttling the prosecution's cases against Trump.

LOL as if he was ever going to be held to account.

I am struggling to get my head around it. They ruled a president has immunity to do what ever he likes? is this correct or has it been blown out that its official acts of president but its not absolute where he can openly break the law?

Because if it is absolute immunity the very first thing I would do as the current president is send in seal team 6 into the supreme court and remove and imprison the republican judges just to send a message at how pathetically stupid that decision is. They will over turn it in a minute.

I am struggling to get my head around it. They ruled a president has immunity to do what ever he likes? is this correct or has it been blown out that its official acts of president but its not absolute where he can openly break the law?

Because if it is absolute immunity the very first thing I would do as the current president is send in seal team 6 into the supreme court and remove and imprison the republican judges just to send a message at how pathetically stupid that decision is. They will over turn it in a minute.
Not absolute, but close enough LOL. Immunity when in official capacity. Imagine trump with this...guffaw guffaw. America is ****ed.

Not absolute, but close enough LOL. Immunity when in official capacity. Imagine trump with this...guffaw guffaw. America is ****ed.

So he doesnt have it so the media have likely jumped the gun. Pre the supreme court hearings, they did say that there was actually no legally line in the sand around presidential immunity and they were interested. So I am not sure its as bad as they are making out. Trump still has to define how what he did fits in to the official duties as a president at trial so the court can rule on its exact context.

So he doesnt have it so the media have likely jumped the gun. Pre the supreme court hearings, they did say that there was actually no legally line in the sand around presidential immunity and they were interested. So I am not sure its as bad as they are making out. Trump still has to define how what he did fits in to the official duties as a president at trial so the court can rule on its exact context.
SCOTUS have left it blurry so they can rule differently depending on if it is Trump or Biden.

SCOTUS have left it blurry so they can rule differently depending on if it is Trump or Biden.

Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

SCOTUS chiselling away at American democracy and creating fertile ground for fascism and authoritarianism to take hold.

Anyone dismissing comparisons between the present day and the rise of fascism in the 30s is unbelievably naive.

The Nazis didn't round up the Jews and put them in concentration camps on day 1.

That came at the very end of many, many years of growing economic hardship, of deliberate attempts to sow the seeds of division and resentment towards minority groups, and slowly, incrementally chipping away at the pillars of democracy through established legal channels.

The Reichstag Fire Decree and Enabling Act of 1933 were signed without a shot being fired, restricting the rights of German citizens and severely limiting opposition to the Nazi party.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back